Pimp my trailer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18-03-07_1023.jpg

that what your after.
I was thinking black floor and body and white gutters/ramps???

yep will do for now! your a collingwood supporter!? lmao. yeh black main, white gutters, few 'sponsor' stickers lol

nah GO THE POWER! yeah i want a big arse sticker on the front part and then some smaller ones on the guards.

yeah thats siiick maaate!
flipped the heavy bastard over..heres what it looks like underneath

18-03-07_1114.jpg

18-03-07_1115.jpg

the actual chassi or main frame has barely any rust on it..just a bit of surface rust. The wheels spin fine aswell when i give em a yank.

ah nice! yeh id be tempted to just sand EVERYTHING, get rid of all the flaky rusty bits and hit it with some paint.. its underside so its not going to be seen very often(hopefully!) but for piece of mind its probably best to be done.. reject shop $2. spray cans for that ;) cheap n easy:D
Leaves Gloss Black, entire underside, Flat Black, or pimped lash out n get some silver.

with the wheels, your looking for side play to.. geab them top and bottom, wriggle, there should be no movement or tick/clunk sounds. no sounds.. no worries!
Id also do the back most back a different colour to what you do the rest of the trailer.. something that will stand out..yellow/red , nothin worse than shinning yourself!!

otherwise almost doen playin with ya trailer pic and will stick it up.. n u can play with some colour schemes..

ok cool well ive gone down to sprint and here the list of stuff i bought.
-1 sheet of 120 sand paper
-new set of light covers
-paint brushes
-Rust treatment
-enamel primer (grey)
-enamel black

im gonna do the bottom with just the grey pimer and leave it at that.
also the wheels have no movement and spin fine so they are all good!

sweet man! dun leave the base in primer.. it will get stoned chipped as buggery and attract rust! reject shop spray cans man! cheap n nasty best way!!

trailerpaint.jpg

is that rust converter the one that you wash off with the hose if it is make sure you do it on the dirt or road because it can stain the concrete. i know from experience.

yeww nice...i rekkon im gonna go with just a all over black...ghostrider style lol :D
i have sanded and cleaned the a frame and the hitch area and also half the wheel guards so im about to go out and prime them now! illl get a pic after should be done in like 1 hour.. maybe 2

sorry its a lil messy, but you get the idea....

haha its all good dude it looks sweet...maybe miniridrs should get some stickers made up??? wink wink nudge nudge!

first coat of primer is all done, should i give it a light sand and do another coat or just do anpther voat on top and then sand it???

on the tin it says you should mix it with a thinner...do i HAVE to do this or doesnt it matter??? i hope not because i have already stated, its just heaps thick.

heres what its like atm. front bottom is all ready for top coat and also a frame. next is the bottom part of the frame and the sides..then ill paint them black and flip it over and do all the rest!

18-03-07_1756.jpg

yer mate you really should mix it with thinners so you can get a better and more even spray out of the gun.

adding thinners will give the paint less 'body' but application will go further.. will also give you runs and drips in your paint if your heavy handed.... Looks the goods so far mate!! its not a race so take your time and do it right the first time eh.

IF you do want to mix in some thinners.. be subtle with the amount you use.. presuming your mixing and painting out of another tin and not the primer tin?? if so.. pour aprox 4 inches of primer into your pot, and aprox 1/2 inch of thinners.. stir though thoughrouly(sp?) if its still to thin you can use the non thinned primer to thicken up a little at a time is better than to much!

Keep up the good work mate! its all about learning!

Rivet or tech screw that wind guard back on to!!

Latest posts

Back