Pimp my trailer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah ill get on to screwing that wind guard on.
Im just painting straight out of the orimer can. could i just add a bit of thinner to the can and test it until its the right consistancy?

ohh and also with the wind guard how much would it cost for a bit of sheet metal that size..its just its heaps dented and warped and i was thinking of just replacing it.

you can.. but id suggest pouring into a seperate pot then u can thin it or thicken it accordingly... try an old 2 lt coke bottle with top cut off if no pots..

bunnings should sell a piece of sheet metal, as will Sims metal, or any metal supplies.. probably around 25 bucks for it.. go find a nice wide road works sign if ya wanted ;) lol

yeh the good old rw sign will do the job...not to mention the look and appeal it will add..lmao

haha thats a good idea lol...ill keep my eye out for one..if i cant find anything ill just go to mitre 10 or somewhere like that and get a pice cut to size :)

ive got this sign...too bad its like 30cm by 10cm..ahh well ill probably bolt it on the trailer anyways lol :D
18-03-07_1936.jpg

lol, if you can find two like these,
sign.jpg
next to each other with the picture facing TOWARDS the front, it will dive you a nice solid backing for the NO ENTRY sign and the reflection from oncoming cars will at least be visable!

yeh you can try a recycling depot for cheap material though.. is probably the most in-epensive way.. i paid $35 for a sheet of checkerpalte 30cmx15cm! DONT BE SILLY!

mate abiut the rego, South Coast Marine are doing the inspections. the mobil servo with the boats in Goolwa,

but it all depends if your tailer has VIN plate or not, and is before 1980 etc, he said youll need to know all that, than ring motor rego office in christies beach first to find out how your gonna have to do it all, they will send the papers you need first.

goodluck mate

ahh gay..i have no idea when the trailer was made and it has no VIN...i have NO information about it what so ever....

thats not a major problem, it just means youll def have to ring RTA now, and get the paper work to get a VIN plate first, than go from there, they will help you over the phone,

just tell them you have a homemade bike trailer, thats never had rego B4,

ok thanks heaps for that, ill giv em a ring tomorrow.
Trailer report: all the bottom areas that i want to paint have been primed and ill start painting bottom black tomorrow!

i was thinking that...is the wind guard that necessary or should i keep it on? ill go take some piccys now. I have finished priming all the bottom and i have put the first black coat on about 3/4 of it..should have the bottom done in a couple of days and them i can flip her back over and get to work on top (should be easier, less fidly!)

20-03-07_1810.jpg

Last edited:
ok guys. I finished painting the bottom of the trailer and rust proofing it. I had the great idea of putting the trailer back down on the ground by myself (not so great as it turns out), it started to tip over and i had to run under it and fu*&%g hope i could hold it...luckily the adrenalin kicked in and i managed to hold it up..then i slowly let it down, which was also really hard. But i eventually got it donw and now im ready to sand and rust proof the top! im also thinking about cutting the wind guard off...what do ya rekkon are they that important or is it just extra weight? the frame for it is all bent and it looks fugly!
ill put some pics up shortly...

cheers, Michael :)

Last edited:
i say just cut the wind guard off !!!

plenty of trailers dont have em....

whats happening with the rego?

i went and looked at a 6x4 today in goolwa, solid trailer but tight ass wont budge on price, so iam still stuck without one,

$200 for yours lol!!!!!

haha yeah im getting tempted to just hack it off! ill see what every 1 else has to say first.
heres some picks of it on the ground.

26-03-07_1620.jpg

26-03-07_1621.jpg

Latest posts

Back