Pimp my trailer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
consider the stones that get thrown from cars and if you want them to be directed at your bikes on the trailer before removing the stone guard surround!! Id be inclined to replace it.. but its not my trailer! lol

The easiest option eneded up to just rip the thing off. I would of had to of got a new frame made up for it, attached a new piece of sheet metal and got it welded to the trailer...too much effort and money! so the guard has come off( actually only half off, the hacksaw blade snapped half way through arghhh!)...i rekkon it looks better with out it!!!

weld!?? dude... Drill and pop rivets.. hop eya like stone chips! lol

bit of an update:
bottom is all done, end of bike gutters primed, wheel guards are primed. All theats left is to sand and prime the top and then i can just put a couple of coats of black on and im done. I also have to put the new lights on and find a good spot for the num plate...

01-04-07_1154.jpg

01-04-07_1155.jpg

UPDATE:
trailer is fully painted but only 1 coat
all the rust has been treated
suspension has been sprayed with fish oil

Bit of a set back though, wheni got the trailer the guy said the electrics all worked BUT NOOoooo...its all stuffed up, you put te left indicator on and he left indicator and the left brake light both flash..and half the other light dont work, i have bought a whole new set of light and now i need toget a new length of cable to wire up. Does any one know where you can buy this cable from and also how much it would cost?

cheers, Michael :)

the indicator and brake flashing, is more than likely a earth problem not a wired wrong problem,

make sure plug is clean, spray and clean it,

make sure connections are not rusty etc.

sprint in victa should sell trailer cable mate,

got a better name for this thread

"scrap my trailer"

haha

ahhahhahahaha...funny...ive only spent 50 bucks on the thing and i payed 120...you try and buy a 3 bike trailer for under 170.......not gonna happen, so im not annoyed that i have to spend a bit to get it going. ill check the plug tonight, and ive boght some new wire..ill hopefully have the electrics fine by tomorrow then i just have to go get some rims and tyres from a wreckers (due to the tread needs to be the same but it isnt...), im also wondering if trailers now need number plate light to get rego..if so it would be easy to do but i just need to know.

Cheers, Michael :)

ok, found the problem with the lights. I opened up the connector and half the wires were either not connected or rusted..so ive wired it up with the new cable and its going good. Just a quick question...if im not using reverse lights or service brakes, can i get rid of those wires completly or are they needed to complete the circuit..im guessing not...

cheers, Michael :)

Hey fellas,
well its been a while but i have been hard at work!
The trailer is 100% done!!!! It has new lights, new wireing, new tyres/rims, has been TOTALLY painted jet black, i made up a special custom number plate holder which pivots (pics to come), added a number plate light, complety killed all the rust and aquired a VIN and got a engraver to put it on the trailer! so yeah next week im taking it to the trailer place and getting it rego'd! YEWW
Pics coming tomorrow!

The total cost of the trailer+all work done is $250!
thanx guys, Michael :)

Sweet, I have been meaning to ask how it's going, I look forward to seeing the pics..

Ok guys here goes nothing, im going to attemt to write down everything ive done from the beginning!
-purchased trailer $120
-fully sanded the WHOLE thing
-killed and remover the rust
-removed the front stone guard
-primed the WHOLE thing
-added 3 coats of jet black to the WHOLE thing
-removed the old wireing systyem and old lights
-re-wired and bought new lights
-sprayed some stencils on
-angle grinded all the sharp points and rounded off all the corners
-plugged up the frame holes at the back
-made up a custom number plate mount with hinge (see pic)
-found and bought some new rims and tyres, old tyres were 13's and 5" wide now i have 14's and 5 1/2" wide
-think thats it! AND NOW THE PICTURES!!!

before
17-03-07_1230.jpg

after
21-06-07_0926.jpg

21-06-07_0927.jpg

21-06-07_0928.jpg

YEWWWWWW

heres the custom number plate holder, as you can see in this pic it is in the way of the middle bike slot, but it has hinges on the bottom which allow it to pivot down so you can load a bike up! ive also mounted a number plate light to it and done all the wireing :)

21-06-07_0929.jpg

21-06-07_0930.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad!

We have to borrow trailers all the time. Wouldn't have room for one anyway if we owned one. LOL

chhers guys! yeah before this ive been borrowing a mates box trailer but its made for a 4x4 so its got a bit of an angle on it when its hitched up to my car :p

all i gotta do now is take it to the trailer place and pass the inspection..ill kill myself if i dont! :)

can i see tire hanging out past the guard on the second photo because of the wheel change???

Mr inspector at SouthCoast Marine wont like that lol :D

Latest posts

Back