Pitster pro X4R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 64mm tb bbk is good soon as u get that u just want the head to u will noitce the diff with the bore kit but the head is unreal
U really want the kit .ive had the 64mm on for a while now no bottom end probs.
The tb v2 now comes with forged alum roller rockers now aswell so u dont have to to pay more for taki ones.
And I have no decomp and its real easy to start

Last edited:
[QUE=Chickenwingz;440168]whats the difference between this http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/tb-150cc-to-184cc-race-head-v2-upgrade-kit-gpx-yx150-160/TBW9034 and this http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/tb-150-160-race-head-v2-upgrade-kit-gpx-yx150-160/TBW9017 If i get a v2 race head now and use it with the stock cylinder i can still use the same head if i go 177cc rht?[/QUOTE]
The head is the same and will fit your 60mm stock cylinder with the tb 60mm piston or it will work with the tb 64mm bore kit.
The diff between the 9017 kit doesent come with a gasket kit the 9034 kit has the gasket kit to fit the 64mm bore kit

Not sure if i should get a V2 head or spend it on things to make it look better (powdercoat ect), what do you guys think?

most people want more power first.
but if you are happy with the performance then go for bling.

Going by the pictures above what do you believe i should upgrade/fix on the bike?
How can i make the fuel pet**** more accessible, its hard to reach because its covered by the plastics, how can i tidy up my wiring as its a complete mess, where can i get red radiator hoses as my current ones are damaged? and lastly how can i make the brake pedal less flimsy, it has alot of side to side play and it doesn't feel too stable.

if i were you, i would try and get performance first. if you want to make it look better, use the existing stuff you have and polish/clean it thoroughly. just recenlty i decided to paint my exhaust and totally transformed the look of it on the bike. so maybe polish your exhaust, clutch cover up abit, go crazy with a spray can ;)

I took off my rear brake pedal as it has a lot of rust and the paint on it is very faded, how would i go about painting it as it is hard to sand in some places?

you dont have toi sand all the way to bare metal, just "scuff" the paint thats already on it to all the primer/paint something to grip on. i would do 1 coat of primer and 2-3 coats of actual paint, try not to get overspray, so look at the places you've painted in different angles of sunlight and if you've got overspray, it'll look "grainy" (as if theres little bits of grain under the paint) compared to the smooth shiny coat you get without overspray :)

What if i give it a coat of paint stripper, will that leave a surface that the paint can stick to?

Last edited:
you could probably do that, but i've always just sanded by hand. but if you get it to bear metal you'd have to do a coat of etch primer 1st the primer then paint, etc.

does etch primer work on steel? Also where can i get a replacement pitster pro x4r bashplate?

Last edited:
etch primer is for any bare metal, steel, iron, alloy, brass etc
it just needs a light coat or 2.
it doesn't have to fully cover what it is going over, 75-80% coverage is fine

Just washed it for Craig ;) also got the new kick starter on.
8y8ezupe.jpg

it sounds like it could be a bad connection in the wiring ?
pull all the plugs/sockets apart make sure they are dry and clean, then spray them with crc / wd40 and reconnect them.

if it still happens,
stop the bike when it does it and immediately remove the spark plug, look at the colour of it.

otherwise it could be a faulty ignition coil, cdi, stator, kill switch

you should really check with a newish/clean plug, to get a decent colour reading.
it should be a tanish (coffee w/milk colour), white porcelain is too lean, black is too rich.
make sure you turn it off with the kill switch while it is popping in 3rd or 4th.

it could just need a new spark plug ?

Latest posts

Back