PitsterPro XTR 150?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure is. Even have the top chain slide removed.

The bottom one was sitting crooked so i pulled the head off amd fixed it up. Helped a little.

60mm bore by the way

Sure is. Even have the top chain slide removed.

The bottom one was sitting crooked so i pulled the head off amd fixed it up. Helped a little.

60mm bore by the way

Well its on. Bloddy tight though.

I might runt it breifly withought the spring in the tensioner and see how much it stretches.

What a headache this was

Ok, as long as it was all done at tdc on the compression stroke.
And the timing mark's were lined up flywheel T marking to the mark at 12 o'clock in the case, and cam gear marking lined up to the mark in the head at 9 o'clock

Both marks line up spot on now
Took a bit to start but got it going. Need to play with the carb now as its got a dead spot if you snap the throttle open pulled it off when i got home tonight and the needle clip in in the top notch. Will be putting it on the middle and see how it goes.

I zoomed in on your first pic as much as i could, is that an OKO 26mm carby ?
If so, check the jetting in it, if it still has the standard jetting (#36/#100) i would be fitting at least a #38 pilot jet to it
It may even need a #40 pilot to get rid of the bog
Main jet should be around a #102 - #105
Needle clip on the middle notch, and about 1.5 turn's out on the mixture screw

Its Keihin PWK 28mm

#35 pilot #105 main

That pilot sound's way too small to me, get a #38 for it

$(KGrHqMOKo4E1riCE30CBNorQo2QKQ~~_35.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJ!4FHI5tC!eHBR0o4l0(4Q~~60_35.JPG

My mechanic should have one of them, not sure when he reopens though.
It may even need replacement soon, the slide is losing some of its coating, ill be taking it in for him to check it out for me

I did get some jets with it but i dont know what they are for

The jet's look like Molkt carby jet's ?

-128-Original-VM26-VM30-Mikuni-Carb-Carburetor-Jet-Hexs-For-Molkt-Koso-OKO-Carburetor-Dirt.jpg_640x640.jpg

2-131205162150501-lp.JPG

Pilot's are the same as Mikuni VM20 type

Pilot-jety-q36723457.jpg

The jet's look like Molkt carby jet's ?

-128-Original-VM26-VM30-Mikuni-Carb-Carburetor-Jet-Hexs-For-Molkt-Koso-OKO-Carburetor-Dirt.jpg_640x640.jpg

2-131205162150501-lp.JPG

Pilot's are the same as Mikuni VM20 type

Pilot-jety-q36723457.jpg

Well i wont be needing them i dont think, they might fir the mikuni in the LT50 ive got but there is no real point jetting that.
Daughters bike runs a delorto and my two are both keihin nd if i do buy a carb it wont be a moklt.

Out of all this stuffing around the bike dose seem to have more compression as i get kickback occasionly.
Leting it cool now so i can check the valves and chain again

Make sure you kick it over from just past tdc, otherwise you'll break the kick start gear's and or or chip the teeth on clutch baskets' gear and kill the clutch baskets' rubber buffer's

Well i got it running fairly well now, But.

Riding along slow with a tiny bit of throttle is pops/farts and misses a bit, give it a twist and its all pretty good.
Revs well and moves along pretty well once your going.

I gather its in relation to the pilot jet being to small as you guys mentioned?
also how aggresive is the cam in this TB top end, seems to lump a bit a idel, realy notice it come alive in the higher RPM.

Yeah try a 38 pilot.

There are a couple of different cams for the TB heads, one is a mid ti high rev cam the other is flat out high rpm.

Yeah try a 38 pilot.

There are a couple of different cams for the TB heads, one is a mid ti high rev cam the other is flat out high rpm.
I gather the P/N isnt printed on the face the cam wheel sits against?

I stuffed around with this carb and give up, no ammount of jetting would get it to work right.
Combination of
Worn needle, slide, emulsion tube(which cant be replaced on its own)

I modified to slide to sit the needle lower down and lean it out, runs alot better but still not perfect. So im going to get a OKO 28.

Also found this green wire which was earthed to the bolt that holds the coil on, its spliced into the green wire running to the coil and has power when running.

Latest posts

Back