PitsterPro XTR 150?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep agreed, i reckon #38 pilot, 102 main with the needle clip in the middle notch
Roughly how high is the bottom of the slide off the bottom of the carby bore ?

And pm sent too

Im officially over this fkn thing.

Got 3 more jets today. #108,#110 mains and a #42 pilot and not one shread of difference was made to the miss i get at 1/4 throttle regardless of combinations i used.

I will add that on the stand reving it it was pretty good, only a slight hint of the miss. Once on the ground with load same as before

Miss as in stutter ?
Try raising the needle clip to the second from top
Are you retuning it after each jet change ?

Have you tried another spark plug

Yeah stutter would be a better description

been on every notch, no change

Yes

Its new as well as the lead

Craig he did mention to me deleting the earth lead, im thinking it could have something to do with that? He is also using a pw50 coil as his was out of spec... i watched a vid of it, and its a pretty serious miss/stutter..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I have a pit bike coil on Cjs' PW50 so that should be ok

Have you tried the 42 pilot with the 105 main jet ?
If so how many turn's out did the mixture screw end up at after you tuned it ?

The plain Green or or plain Black wire from main harness should be earthed to the frame 9there is a ring terminal on the earth wire) as well as connecting to the green from the Stator

ZS-LIFAN150-WIRING-LARGE-BLACK-CDI.png

Last edited:
I was going over the wires with that diagram when you posted it.

didn't change anything just made sure i had good connections and earth
motor was warm
ran fine with maybe a slight hint of that stutter for a couple mins then slowly went back to the way it was.
backfire at idle again and a little jumpy etc

checked the stator yet again and got

(hot)Pick Up - 174.4k ohms (cold) 150k ohms
(hot)Coils - 14 ohms (cold) 14 ohms

Stator reading's are slightly high, but it sound's like it's a bit rich on the needle.
Do you know anyone close that you can borrow a carby off ?

Stator reading's are slightly high, but it sound's like it's a bit rich on the needle.
Do you know anyone close that you can borrow a carby off ?

No one with one that will fit.

When i get a chance tomorrow ill run it from dead cold, if it goes alright and slowly gets worse im going to guess its the stator playing silly buggers
pickup reading has dropped down to 168k

If you are good with diy, you could try rewinding the coil's on the stator yourself.
Jaycar sell enamelled copper wire on a spool for around $10, take an inch or so of your's with you to match up the wire gauge.
Just make sure you count how many turn's are wrapped around each post, where they start, and where they finish, and in what direction the copper is wound around each post (get lot's of pic's for reference)
Strip the enamel off the end of the new copper wire use some soldering flux and tin the copper, then solder it to the original stator wire and start winding
Once you've wound it mix up some devcon or similar and smear it over the winding's to keep the tight and sealed
You only need to redo the 2 source coil winding's.

67.jpg

Only problem is you wont be able to rewind the outer pick up coil

I'll have a look if you want over the weekend, i might have a good spare pick up coil here?

I did think of rewinding but i think ill just replace the stator and loom so i know its all how its ment to be and rewind it then just to see if i can do it.

If you have a good pickup ill give that a go first.

I tried to get a staror yesterday as i had to travel but every shop i went to had every other stator but the one i needed or none at all.

Also got the decals the other day but the shrouds are not even close to fitting, i emailed about them and they are looking into it but yet the hear back.

All the others seem fine apart from the shrouds and LH fork protector but that one is a easy mod to make it fit.
Do you think they used TTR templates? or did the LXR plastics change at some point?
my order says PitsterPro LXR 09

Its just odd that all the others are pretty well right.
Im not to keen on bending them as its quite a bit they have to go to fit and it will distort the diamond shaped hole.

Hey bud i pulled callums engine down today, and its not the s20 cam thats in it, its the s25, so i dont reckon there would b much difference between it and the cam you have

Hey bud i pulled callums engine down today, and its not the s20 cam thats in it, its the s25, so i dont reckon there would b much difference between it and the cam you have

No Dramas, be handy if i knew what ive actualy got though...haha

Im pretty sure the stock tb cam would be damn close to the s25, when i pull the cam out to do the valve seals i can measure the lobes if you like...

Latest posts

Back