Please help..26mm OKO on 125 lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to buy some jets today at my local mini bike shop and they told me I would never get a 26mm OKO to run on a 125 and they dont have jets smaller than 96. So much conflicting information and only so much remaining patience.

a 96 main shouldnt infuence the overall performance too much, it may just get slightly boggy right up the top (anything more than 3/4 throttle)
and when yr racing its not too often that you would use full throttle..

but it does sound like the pilot is a bit out... basically the engine should still run with 2 turns out on the mixture but best at or around 1.5 turns.. iv found that 1 turn just doesnt cut it..
sounds like you need a 38 pilot..

Interesting...from memory my mixture is only 1 turn out with a 36 pilot on my 125 so I'll drop in a 38 and see what difference it makes.

Order some off DHZ send ken a email and he'll will help you out with the jets you need

Last edited:
I went to buy some jets today at my local mini bike shop and they told me I would never get a 26mm OKO to run on a 125 and they dont have jets smaller than 96. So much conflicting information and only so much remaining patience.

Go back to the local mini bike store, and inform them they know f*** all. while the 26mm OKO is not ideal for a 125, it can be made to run perfectly from idle to redline, whilst improving performance all the way through.

I've proved it with the 125Z in the Miniblitz.
If a pitbike store cant tune a carby to run on a bike, i'd find a different pitbike store... says a bit when an unqualified spanner thrower can tune one, but a pitbike store cant...

Go back to the local mini bike store, and inform them they know f*** all. while the 26mm OKO is not ideal for a 125, it can be made to run perfectly from idle to redline, whilst improving performance all the way through.
Thats a very personal impression you got there and I can tell you from experience , it isn´t quiet like that...first of all ,it depends a lot on what kind of "125" you got, then an OKO isn´t exactly a high quality carb and third people with limited access to shop equipment and knowledge will not figure it out so quickly!! ;)

I've proved it with the 125Z in the Miniblitz.
If a pitbike store cant tune a carby to run on a bike, i'd find a different pitbike store... says a bit when an unqualified spanner thrower can tune one, but a pitbike store cant...

I think the local bike shop would know alot more if I was willing to pay them to fix it but i feel because I aint a front runner racing with them they aint giving me the time of day.
The jets im running are the ones that ken told me to use and when I told the bloke at my local mini shop he said that it seems ken dont know what he is talking about and he does know ken well.
Im so clese to getting this thing running properlly.It idles great and revs out real hard. its just the flat spot thats a killer.

Im so clese to getting this thing running properlly.It idles great and revs out real hard. its just the flat spot thats a killer.

Does it have the flat spot when you hit the throttle in neutral OR only when you whop it open from low revs in gear ? ...

yeah test it while riding, most the time free revving an engine to full throttle will give you a stumble mid range..

it does it both while rididng and while in neutral.I can twist the throttle slow and its fine but a decent twist and thats the end of it.

Still not had any luck here.I have double checked and trippled checked everything and can not get rid of this flat spot.There is no air leaks at all.Valves are adjusted perfect.It has me stuffed. Seems I cant get any jets smaller than the 96 so im taking it a 96 should work. Any more ideas please??

hey dude, ive had the same problem with my yx140 and this 'Flat spot' i cleaned out the carby, tuned and put better fuel (98 vortex) and it seem to solve the problem. hope this helps

another solution to getting a main jet is get yrs brass welded and redrilled to the correct size by a carby shop

akunar have a 90 an 95 available
i got em both
im running a 34 pilot and 90 main on my 125 and it runs fine

hey dude, ive had the same problem with my yx140 and this 'Flat spot' i cleaned out the carby, tuned and put better fuel (98 vortex) and it seem to solve the problem. hope this helps

I run premium fuel all the time. The carby is definatly clean.

akunar have a 90 an 95 available
i got em both
im running a 34 pilot and 90 main on my 125 and it runs fine

I might try the 90.Ill have a look to see how much they are. I rode my bike today and its the closest it has been to running right.Its got to be ridden with throttle control or it dies in the ass but riding it gently twisting on the throttle it flamin flys.Cant believe how hard it revs now and cant believe how much it rips the grass up.you beauty.hehe

i can ask if they have smaller jets at Show and Go if you want.
i will be picking up some new jets in the next few days down there, when my PW50 jets arrive.
they give me discount buying more than 1 jet at a time, what size do you want?

Latest posts

Back