QLD Riding Spots

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done some digging for anyone interested... Aparently a newish track at Mary Smokes (between Woodford & Kilcoy) for you sunny coast boys . http://woodfordnewspaper.com/new-private-motocross-track-at-mary-smokes/

Also Motocross Mountain. Its at Yarraman out near Toowoomba. http://www.motocrossmountain.com.au/

[EDIT] - When I go for road rides, I see utes with dirt bikes loaded up going somewhere at the base of Tamborine Mountain /Canungra. They are MX bikes, so not registered. Any ideas where they go anyone?

Last edited:
To add another possibility in the near future, but would take a bit of work, is being allowed to ride at Stanmore. It has unfortunately been closed for several months now to due council regulations. It looks like it will be re-opened shorly, but only to junior riders. I wonder if they would consider allowing minis to ride there as well. You would definitely need a 12" to ride the track, but would be a great track to ride.

well i need to get the bike out of the house sick of it sitting in the shade looking sad havent been riding in a couple of months now and i want to go riding i have a old 1999 suzuki ts185er and all my mates say go to blackduck vally or mx parks, I personally don't think that my bike would fit in there people would laugh at me casue of my bike but i dont really care anyway i just wanna ride in trails like the glass house mountian's somethink i herd theres a place just some pie shop with a drive through pie shop in bribie island he said theres a forest area near there or anyone know any good places just to muck around I dont care if it is illegal? thanks guys!!!

pretty sure fast marty went there on one mate...

P.S aint gotten back to your message cause im looking for a place to go riding my self... again.. had a place but they got breached for letting me ride on the 10 acres..

is it any good? Had some boots but never wore em so sold em. I'm heading out to johnston rd on sunday if anyone is keen? I think it's near kingston might b wrong. I have never been there before.

pretty sure fast marty went there on one mate...

P.S aint gotten back to your message cause im looking for a place to go riding my self... again.. had a place but they got breached for letting me ride on the 10 acres..
Thats ok dude. Just after some people to go ridin with. What about the fort, do u need boots to ride a mini there?

nah pretty sure you dont need them to ride at the fort.. just gloves, helmet and bar ends..... yeah i would be keen to have someone to ride with... just need somewhere to ride.

Does anyone go to qld moto park? I'm trying to find out if pit bikes can go atm.

Hey Dusty, Yeah you can ride at QMP with work boots or whatever. But, you can only ride the Enduro trails and or the "Junior MX" track. The one next to the really little kid flat track. I've cut heaps of laps on the Junior on my LXR, and it was wicked fun. Trails suck bad on a mini or midi, cos they are very rocky. Loose, softball sized rocks all over the trails. Except the "novice" Enduro trail is fun on the mini,... but very short. Only takes about 4-5 mins to blat around it.

I sold on my LXR so I can go up to a MX bike. So I can't do the mini tracks any more.

By the way, as far as I know, they won't let you on the big boy MX tracks at QMP with work boots. Have to be full MX boots and NO tear offs. hehehe. I've seen plenty of dudes get agro about having to take off their tear offs there. But.. its why the park is so nice and clean!

Have fun out there if u go.

Fort is sick on any bike. Beats you sensless. The double jumps are pretty savage on a mini, and I haven't been back on my MX bike, till I do some more hours at QMP and get used to jumping more.

Also, the New stadium track at QMP is cool fun. But again, make sure you are comfy doing doubles... cos they are mad. Not fun trying to hop over them.

:)

Hey Dusty, Yeah you can ride at QMP with work boots or whatever. But, you can only ride the Enduro trails and or the "Junior MX" track. The one next to the really little kid flat track. I've cut heaps of laps on the Junior on my LXR, and it was wicked fun. Trails suck bad on a mini or midi, cos they are very rocky. Loose, softball sized rocks all over the trails. Except the "novice" Enduro trail is fun on the mini,... but very short. Only takes about 4-5 mins to blat around it.

I sold on my LXR so I can go up to a MX bike. So I can't do the mini tracks any more.

By the way, as far as I know, they won't let you on the big boy MX tracks at QMP with work boots. Have to be full MX boots and NO tear offs. hehehe. I've seen plenty of dudes get agro about having to take off their tear offs there. But.. its why the park is so nice and clean!

Have fun out there if u go.

Fort is sick on any bike. Beats you sensless. The double jumps are pretty savage on a mini, and I haven't been back on my MX bike, till I do some more hours at QMP and get used to jumping more.

Also, the New stadium track at QMP is cool fun. But again, make sure you are comfy doing doubles... cos they are mad. Not fun trying to hop over them.

:)
Thank u 4 the detailed info :beerchug:
Narrr just learning to rejump on the mini. Had a mini around 5 years ago but sold it as i had no where to ride it n got sick of getting riding fines. The fort is def a go n so is qld moto park. Never neen a moto track on a mini so it should beat the crap outta me hahahahaha, sounds mad fun tho. Can't wait to go!

Last edited:
saturday me my father and my mate went to check out a riding palce we herd about in the on pumicestone rd so we went to check it out this is a map of how to get there go up the bruse high wayand take the Pummicestone Rd Toorbul/donnybrook turnoff follow the first dirt road up till to you come up to another road there is a strawberry farm of the left its a pretty easy place to find i guess there will be cars there so just park near the other cars than thats a safer way so your cars don't get destoryed from some idiots

Last edited:
Hey guys went out to the Glider forest out on the corner of Johnson and Paradise road..... seemed like a pretty good place to ride i found it a bit technical being really sandy.... but maybe thats just coz im a big noob haha

Be interested to here from anyone who rides out there a fair bit ??

i live out there but i dot ride there..... im lookin for legit places to ride around the area if your keen to have some one to ride with...

Latest posts

Back