R.I.P. James "DvDRip" Scott

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's a bad photo as it's upside down. When it's been touched up and healed I will get some pictures of it and me being 10% tougher he he :p

I have thought long and hard what I would say in this thread and I apologize in advance if it is long winded. I haven't been on MR regularly for a while, but if ever I did log on, I'd always PM James and have a chat. He'd always encourage me to hang around, we'd swap movie notes and recommendations and he'd egg me on to give a few people hell.

When I-THUMP told me that James was gone, I had a pretty empty re-action. I had nothing left to say and I had no tears. On the Tuesday before James' death, my brother ended his life in a park near his home in inner Melbourne, I just had no grief left for anyone else, and what I am about to write may not come out 100% perfectly, but it is truthful.

There will be many people affecting by the loss of James, there will be tears and questions, anger and guilt, even feelings of blame. But no-one will be as affected as his family. To have a sibling choose this is as terrifying as it is devastating. I have wondered over the last few weeks if my shared character traits with my brother could ever lead me down the same path. I have wondered why we were not the people he reached out to when he was desperately in trouble. My other brothers and I will re-assess our lives and wonder not only who we are, but also who we want to be. We will also in our darkest moments ponder our apparent failure as siblings.

But as painful as it is, it is nothing compared to what a parent goes through, especially a mother. Mothers carry their young, they nurture and guide their young. And they are not supposed to outlive their young. Mothers should never bury their children, it is quite simply against nature. It is just not how it is supposed to be. I've watched my mother bury her parents and her husband, but she collapsed at my brother's funeral, completely broken in a way I have never seen before.

Although he will be forever missed and remembered, other people in James' life will move on... there will be other friends, there will be other partners, there will be more to come in life. For James' family, they will never get back to what was normal. They will have to find a new normal, their family will never be the same. There will always be an empty chair at the table, both literally and figuratively.

My condolences go out to anyone that is hurting over the loss of James, but my heart goes out to his family, especially his parents, and especially his Mum, because I know her heart is broken in such a way that it will never, ever be whole again.

Jo

Last edited:
Message from James...

Dear Skylar,
thank you for sharing...I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Sometimes though there are no answers and sometimes you have to stop trying to find out "what if" you had acted differently, been more, loved more, done more etc. I hope your family finds their way to come to terms with your loss.

For us - yes, we are suffering badly, but also we do have some understanding of what and why James had to leave us so early. He will always be in our hearts and minds and we will always miss him and remember him with love.

I want to share something with you - the attached is the lyrics James's dad & I chose for the close of his farewell service and at the bottom is an extract from a note we received several days after the service. James is at peace and he is now free. (background image is him up a tree as child and insert is our serene boy living in seaside town.)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and also for giving to Orygen....just $30 keeps their drop in centre (in Parkville) open for one hour more. That is one hour which could enrich or indeed save someones life (currently they can only open only one day a week!) The Orygen Youth Health Research Centre is a leader in finding ways to help young people earlier...

So we can - act quicker, communicate better, understand more...

Mycause - fundraise for any charity or nonprofit for any event or occasion | Raise money | charity event ideas | fundraising for charities | send a charity ecard

(I hope to see some of you at the ride on the 25th - we will be there to honour his joy in all things minibiking)

(mum)
family.jpg

Last edited:
I just wanted to bump that link and ask everyone if they could donate something/anything to this great cause in honor of James. It doesn't matter how big or small your donation is because every dollar will help Oxygen Youth Health Services to continue their helpful work. Please give whatever you can afford whether its $5 or $50 it doesn't matter because every bit helps and it all adds up.

Donations can be made anonymously if you wish but a credit card is needed. If you don't have access to a credit card but still want to donate something then let me know and we will see what we can do. I think there is only a few weeks left to go but im not exactly sure so donations need to be made asap.
<a href="http://www.mycause.com.au/james">www.mycause.com.au/james</a>

:bump: Yes people ... Let's step up the donations and see what we can achieve ! ... :bump2: :)

I have not been on here for awhile, been AWOL, I just read the whole thread. Although I never interacted with James I did read many of his posts and noted how much he gave to the forum and others here, I also noted that he was one of the “gifted” youngsters when it comes to mechanics. It is always a difficult time in these situations, but time is also a healer so my best wishes go to the family and friends and my hopes that time does its magic work. We have recently been through the same situation in our small community where one of our youth left us to soon. Time is working here.
My condolences to James’s family and friends.

Tina

Haven't been able to get in miniriders much recently, and this deffinately wasn't what I was expecting to see when I did jump on...

My condolences to his family and friends, Ride on james.

2 months today.. Still miss James. But it's not a sad feeling anymore, there isn't tears. Just lots of positive talk and great memories.

Don't matter how much time pass' I will never forget you! Tattoo on my arm can't go anywhere like you could he he.

i never knew james personaly or talked to him, but no good man deserves this

R.I.P james scott, hope your having fun up there.

people in our life makes us who we are.
when they pass they will always be deep with in.
we'll ride hard for ya mate, cause we know your pushing us along.
when we stack, we'll know your picking us up

cheers viper sx :)

Last edited:
5 months you haven't been with us. But it still feels like I could drive to werribee and there you'd be.

I miss you so much, but I know your sending lots of good things all of our ways... so thank you.

Leaving Vic and I have one last day to ride and I'm spending it where all the best memories are! PARWAN! Thanks for showing me such an awesome track to ride and teaching me lots of things that have come in handy over the last little while. ;)

this place still isnt the same without James or Tom.

Never will be mate .... but we carry on ... firstly because we don't have a choice ... secondly because it's what they'd want us to do.

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this since it was 2 years from the day yesterday,James did so much for this site and his threads are still helping people Today,

RIP Mate

Latest posts

Back