Rachs crf50 build! :D

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hows ya shock sitting in subframe is it rubbung at all?

Yeah it is touching the subframe actually argh! What do I do? put in a spacer in the side its touching on the subframe?

Just put on the forks, realised I'm missing a fork bolt so will get a new one tomorrow and then get some photos up!

should be in a ridable state tomorrow. fork springs feel heaps nicer. there not hd spring, there just a little stiffer then stock, just right :) can't wait to ride it

Last edited:
try putting a few more washers if you can , i had same prob wih mine rubbing so i swaped ends around has been working fine as far as i can tell only thing i noticed but is the air valve is very close to shock mount on frame had to grid tiny bit out just to be safe, is pic in frame bracing thread where i put few pics up other day

sweet. might play with washers first tomorrow and if i have no luck will put it on upside down. pretty happy with it! can't wait to hurry up and have bars... nathan reckons he has never posted anything in his life and doesnt know how to post them ha ha so i gotta pick them up at gwando!

190740_10150122689412544_684492543_6478199_2008451_n.jpg

200005_10150122689787544_684492543_6478202_4580057_n.jpg

200419_10150122690637544_684492543_6478205_1441083_n.jpg

Sorry the photos suck I took them off my phone at night... but you better believe there will be better photos!!!

Just need to bolt on some plastics properly and then I have another throttle to put on as the one on there is rubbish. Running the brake on the left to see if I like having one hand or throttle one for brake. Ridden up and down the street tonight and I liked it a lot.

Also picking up some five-0 bar at gwando which I think I've already said which are black to replace the green ones!

Real happy with tony! Just gonna slowly replace things as they I go now. The five-0 bash plate I got didn't fit, but i think it has something to do with stock peg mount but will see in time!

looks good rach, but you might wanna replace your throttle cable too... looks too short.. same as your brake cable lol

nar there fine, just dont wrap them around the bars. but I have another throttle cable for the other throttle and the brake cables perfect.

Nice work rach! The thing Troy is referring to is that horrible plastic bit that comes off the plate that use to sit on the original head stem nut before the clamps go on.. If u cut that off the plate will sit under the clamp & out of the way :)

Nice work rach! The thing Troy is referring to is that horrible plastic bit that comes off the plate that use to sit on the original head stem nut before the clamps go on.. If u cut that off the plate will sit under the clamp & out of the way :)

Ahhh yeah cheers! I did it upside down anyway ha ha. so meh not overly fussed! Just want to ride it now! Right now!!! ha ha

I can't wait to test out the forks on the track, so far im soooo happy with my fork springs!

Nice you'v done heaps since i was last on.

206228_193178957385418_100000799459623_414625_2132075_n.jpg

me sitting on my 50 at gwando naawww! lol

Anyway. Still have some things to do:
- Put new five-0 bars on
- fit five-0 bash plate
- buy new peg mount
- buy new sprockets
- new throttle
- new cables
- new rear tyre

Just gonna want a few weeks and just buy it all together from Jamie. Won't be for a while thanks to the joys of credit card bill ha ha

Few photos from riding today:

Doing a little jump ha ha
7b3f8b74.jpg

I admit I edited this ha ha
d5561ca6.jpg

Stacking due to having no brakes.. or too much... I dunno
9528c7cb.jpg

Back on.. no stack stops me:D
51ade40f.jpg

8d862052.jpg

Once I put the black bars on I will just need to powder coat the gold bits of the forks and then it will be so black :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back