SA riding, lets get the fun started!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many made it out?

3 bikes 3 people in the end, but me and Chops had a really good time riding Saturday and Today so it was worth it!

I think the owner uses this to do work around the property.

This was mud coming in on Friday, not to bad, no where near as bad as it was Saturday. Coming out today was easy but I think if its been raining next time there is another gate higher up on the hill to the north :thumbup: so I will use that one to get in if that is the case next time!

So this is some of the fun we had....might want to turn your sound down for the first 30 seconds or so!!

[video=youtube;ym8LpMU6SmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym8LpMU6SmI[/video]

picard-facepalm.jpg

Haha dammit Chops.

Yeah we all had our moments, mine was more 4 wheel related....

[video=youtube;m_oVNSDeSnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_oVNSDeSnc[/video]

Haha what a noob!:LolLolLolLol: Was good fun, reckon it will be limited in winter with the bottom half being to wet leaving the top/back half. Just need to watch out for the wombat holes!

so it was stu's tap that broke ?
i sprayed that the other day when i bolted it on ?
they are about $6 inc delivery for a remote one.
or you could use a lawnmower tap

so it was stu's tap that broke ?
i sprayed that the other day when i bolted it on ?
they are about $6 inc delivery for a remote one.
or you could use a lawnmower tap

Nah Chops' tap leaks when you turn it on,it doesn't leak when its turned off. I'm guessing incorrect installation of a rubber seal or something along those lines :grinning-smiley-003 it wasn't causing to much problem, I also snapped the fuel tap on the pitpro messing around this morning trying to tighten it a bit, the thread portion snapped in half...

Cant wait for your footage Chops will be far better than mine! I need to sort out a half decent mount and get a bigger SD card!!

Also cheers for the dodgy hook up on the earth Craig :congrats:...Chops has a good eye, I touched the air filter and it disconnected the wire completely! I know exactly what it does now though, so I'll know its a dodgy earth next time. Chops saw my bike shoot a good flame out the back!!

Other than the only problems were my back wheel destroying the tube(cause I didnt do it before I left), there is a big vice up there hooked upto a metal work bench which is really good for change tyres, and tube. Also put spokes back in the wheel and sured it up saturday morning, didnt put locktite on it and the wheel came loose again but it was time to go home by then anyway! No injuries to anyone, I followed Chops out in his 4wd and had no problems! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I think we should organise another, maybe 2 weeks time?;)
would you be taking the daytona russ ?

stu, when you mentioned that earth, i remembered i was doing it when you arrived to pick it up
and i hadn't tightened it :11doh:
i'll give you a money back refund for that job, now how much did i charge you again ?

how did the repaired TTR fuel tank hold up too btw ?

I think we should organise another, maybe 2 weeks time?;)

Id be keen to do something a little closer than Morgan for sure or if someone else wants to give me a lift up!! Thinking maybe Jams...or something like that?

Just a side not coming passed Eudunda track on the way home, it was DEAD, not a person in site because of the race in Morgan today. So if we want the track to ourselves up there on a weekend, just do it on a day when there is a race! Could even do Eudunda in the arvo then go upto Morgan to camp over night, and ride a bit the next morning! :thumbup:

Tank on the foxico held up well Craig! So did the motor and carby, didnt even get mud on the airfilter! Started second kick this morning :thumbup: was happy with that! Checked the oil tonight and its a little bit dirty. Will check the plug tomorrow see if its running rich or lean was nice to be able to go flat to the rev limiter in 4th...that chain had to be tightened after about the first 20 mins the bike was ridden, after that it was pretty ok but will need another tighten tomorrow. The perimeter frame is really stable at high speed and the suspension was really good too happy with it.

A slightly longer vid will be uploaded in 20mins, plenty more to come too...

Last edited:
All good Craig you can give me half back cause I'll just chuck that head on the motor that is good well as far as I know its got 3rd gear...not entirely sure about 4th as I havnt tried it yet!

Right this is some more, I think this was our second explore so we were getting a bit more familiar with the terrain. Has some pretty lame intentional wheelies for those who are inclined!

[video=youtube;BDvw793tn3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvw793tn3Q[/video]

you gotta love the salt bush slalom riding ! it's the same as swan reach terrain

and the dodgy earth are we talking about the same thing ?
where i put the ring terminal under the screw, the one under the centre of the fuel tank ?

you gotta love the salt bush slalom riding ! it's the same as swan reach terrain

and the dodgy earth are we talking about the same thing ?
where i put the ring terminal under the screw, the one under the centre of the fuel tank ?

No the 125 tank tap broke. Its silty down the bottom and its pretty dry and a bit rockier up the top. There is a section of trees at the back too. Yeah its not all bush slalom like that, the bits up the back are really good, nice and open there is a boundary track which is pretty cool except there was one big wombat hole on a slightly downhill section twice I just cleared it in 4th going pretty much flat out...that was a bit sketchy but up the top you can pretty much go from fence to fence flat out, then around the boundary its about 6-7 mins really fast around 10 cruising. To do a lap of the whole place I'd say it would be around 15-20mins... :thumbup: there are still a few areas we didn't really even explore! I dont know how long its been since he was up there but there wasnt much in the way of established tracks.

We just kinda followed the game trails and tried to wear them in a bit...couple of good jump opportunities...found a nice little natural double about 10am this morning! Few little hills to climb as well...my camera was full on Saturday mid afternoon. Chops has a ton more flat out riding later on that afternoon and on Sunday morning.

So this is some of the fun we had....might want to turn your sound down for the first 30 seconds or so!!

[video=youtube;ym8LpMU6SmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym8LpMU6SmI[/video]

Here is my view :congrats: :lol:
[video=youtube;sfkAQ5dxrcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkAQ5dxrcI[/video]

I only got a few pics on my camera as that went flat. probably should've used my phone.

Ah its all good mate! Don't want to show ppl everything they'll have to come up and explore for themselves next time :thumbup:I'm still impressed with the commitment to not dropping the shiney new bike! It was such a good save!! I wanted to time coming back the other way thats why we ended up following you back into town...plus my speedo is out by about 10km/s probably due to the lack of grip on the back tyres! Looked at them when I got home there isn't a whole heap of tread left! Had those tyres on since 2009 time for a fresh set I think!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back