Sam93's Motard build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Okay so I thought it was about time I should be making a thread as its taking longer then I planned....

I Built my first dirt pitty this year but then after trying motard I needed something a little more serious to ride :D

So far I have bought:

YX150 dress up kit,
Braided throttle cable,
Bark busters,
Braaap alloy fat bars,
Braaap Catch cans,
Plastics,
Seat,
Oil cooler,
CNC throttle,
Alloy gear lever,
4 Pot front brake system,
Dnm rear shock (cant remember name) Its fully adjustable 1000 pound spring... external nitrogen resi.
Tacho & hour metre,
CNC bar savers,
Clutch cable,
Bi-fold levers,
Big bore CNC muffler,
Klx number plate,
NGK 'R' Spark plug's,
Molkt 26mm carby,
YX150,
Fuel line,
Self etching primer,
Black gloss,
IRK CDI system,
YX150 60mm piston and rings,
Gasket paper,
Coil and spark plug lead,
YX150 Manifold,
Nuts and bolts,
Clamps,
Nissan Skyline catch can breather pod filter (to use as a breather filter on the crankcase catch can),
Foam Pro Taper bar pad.

To buy this weekend:
Uni Filter,
Rear sprocket,
CNC fat bar clamps,
Big bore exhaust to match muffler,

I made a custom mount for the oil cooler so that it would bolt up to the frame I also painted it. Just used some 1mm alloy cut to size and put it in the vice and hammered it into a 90 degree bend then drilled holes to mount...
Pics:
IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

I had to do a top end rebuild on the Yx150.
Pics:
IMG_3121resizedwebsmall.jpg

New piston and rings...
IMG_3123resizedwebsmall.jpg

Last edited:
I mounted the digital tacho and hour metre inside the bar pad thought it would be better then cable ties on the bars. I heated up a pocket knife with a candle and it sliced through the foam pretty well to make a good tight fit for it to sit in...
Pics:
IMG_3137resizedwebsmall.jpg

IMG_3139resizedwebsmall.jpg

I bought the catch cans from Braaap I've only mounted one so far for the petrol overflows I mounted it off the head again with some handy 1mm alloy...
Pics:
IMG_3186.jpg

Heres a picture of the mini pod filter for the crank case catch can I want to mount it under the rear of the bike think it would look good. Not sure if ill keep it blue yet might sand it for a scratched chrome look or paint it black....
Pics:
IMG_0217.jpg

I also had to paint the manifold as it was all scratched up and looked feral hopefully the paint holdes up :s
pics:
IMG_0087.jpg

Here is some pics of how it sits at the moment :
IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

I still have to mount the front 4 piston brakes once I get them I'll deisgn a mounting bracket and maybe get it lazer cut...

And yes I will be getting better forks just not sure exactly what yet....

Any input would be great thanks guys...

top build mate, how is the yx150 going? looks smick as :D

nice build mate looking good, id loose that see through ignition cover tho

Hey Lenny, Havnt been able to give it a proper run yet because it has no exhaust :p Its runs a weird exhaust so I have to take it to Motorbike city they have heaps of different types so ill get a big bore from them...

Thanks Roost and yeah I'm not sure if ill keep using the transparent cover it was either that or an atomik cover :p I think we both know whats better. Was thinking about a real carbon fibre cover or just a plain metal cover....

Thanks grnman :) Be a lot better again once I have the new fat bar clamps, exhaust and uni filter on it...
And once I custom mount the 4 pot brakes and cnc bar saves. Aw and need to order sliders from DHZ

Looks great sambo..

where'd you get the barkies? i dont mind them at all :D need a set for mine..

only constructive critisim i have is maybe shorten the cooler lines a tad? maybe just a bad angle but they look huge man..

lovin it champ.

Wayne

Got them from china :) Ill get you a set if you like next time I get parts from them.

And haha I was waiting for someone to pick up on the huge lines! I have left them long untill I have the exhaust fitted on so I know how long to cut them.... :)

You wont need axle sliders for track use if that is why you are getting them. you might need either alloy pegs or slider though. the pegs wreck the track surface more than anything. so bar ends (which you have) and peg sliders are the first priority.

did i mention i love your bike.

if i started a build thread on my bike ppl would just get bored as its taking so long. ill just post up the finished product shortly and hopefully take out FOTY.

any reason for that Tacho sam?

reason i ask is if you knew how hard you were reving it, you wouldnt ride it as hard..follow me?

Thanks for that info :)
Think its time for some new alloy pegs then...goes straight on ebay lol.

Yeah that was my plan just to do a build thread once its done but i got bored :p

Hope you do like it, my plan was for it to look clean hope it does.

I wanted an hour metre so I could monitor my engine for servicing etc then for an extra $12 I could get one with a tacho built in as well. Thought it might be handy I can find out things with the engines like see at what rev i valve bounce then after mods the difference in rev range that sorta thing :)

And also I think I'll be to hard concentrating on looking at the black stuff to look at the tacho so shouldnt scare me :) lol

Its good to get the right gearing ratio's for different tracks. why do you think all go-karts have them.

Yeah I got the tacho for many reasons :) First time I started it I got it to about 10,450 RPM but that wasnt red lining I thought probably not smart to red line straight away on new rings...lol

Forks? Any ideas people.

I think my budget will be around $450
So for that their is:

Fastace As-01's, DNM Hornets, Fastace As-02's, GPX black label, whats the best?

Last edited:
Looks good. Where did you get those sick Tyres and rims and bolts? Lol

Latest posts

Back