Shan#10's Suzuki DR-Z 70 build!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ say you seam this bar kit before as i bought it of axel king when was at kurri kurri ride day while back.

Gearing suzuki stock gearing is. 13t Front 33 Rear 428 chain. that be way to tall!
thought id try honda crf50 sprockits, with no luck :( . z50 front is so close as got same spline. just Z50 14mm center n dr-z 13mm.
So have to order some new setup thinking i get 37 Rear and new longer chain aswell.
not shore where best place be to get them! Not much chance they have them in stock

Where be the best place to buy chain n Sprocket's for suzuki dr-z 70?? 13f (got) 37t rear n new 428 chain

Rang around couple of bike shops today. Found out that only rear sprocket can buy anywhere is 33tooth which is watt comes stock so not much good to me! :(

But did find out that can get 12t front sprocket so order one of em :)
that make 1 tooth lower on front! ( be 12/33) would like to go lower gearing then that. its start anyhow,

Got rear shock out of dr-z. placed next to crf50 one got with hd spring already on it! . looks very similar maybe the drz one tad longer.
dr-zcrfshocks.jpg

SAM_2146.jpg

Got crf rear shock in now! looks heaps good!

Getting there, but gosh it's so hard to find info on the DRZ-70! It's all exciting but definitely a big challenge.

Trying to decide if I should go with gold or back hd rims. I like the black with the yellow but the gold looks cool.

Also thinking of lacing up (or Shearer lacing it up :p ) a 12 inch rim for the front.

Looking good guys, even though the shock is a tad shorter it will never sag as much as the stocko with the heavier spring.

will be an interesting build.. i am keen to see this finished product.. but that pipe has to go, its so ugly haha !

now ya know a crf shock fits it , FOX it up!!
Yeah thats the plan brett :) . fox ones ride so sweet!!!.
Did think lace up 12" front wheel, when pot fox shock in to level bike out!

will be an interesting build.. i am keen to see this finished product.. but that pipe has to go, its so ugly haha !
I like the bbr d2 pipes me be tuff look and sound then!! :p
Shann keen to keep stock pipe as got kiddie gard on it! she burn herself before so likes idea of gard on pipe

Hey Geoff & Shan

maybe flick pbi sprockets an email to see if they ship to Australia as they seem to have rear sprockets in stock for the drz

6021- Suzuki® DR-Z70 08-09. 428 Chain.

thanks man.
Just sent them email, hope they can get the bigger rear spockets, get bike flying off the line then :)

Working today on geting the pro taper handle bar kit fitted! not realy that stragiht forward the dr-z setup is little bit differant to crf50 setup!
suzuki has three bolts going down to hold triple clamp on, one on each fork leg n other down into head stem.
pic shows watt i mean.
SAM_2147.jpg

when sit triple clamp on top, found out that , bolt that needed to go down n hold onto headstem is of center & fork legs bit ruff n needed clean up before could pot on. used die grinder to clean few lumb's weld.
SAM_2148.jpg

SAM_2177.jpg

Once got triple clamp to sit on top right, noticed need'd washer on top headstem to keep level.
then was cutting out custom washer to pot on top to fill hole have of crf clamp.
SAM_2180.jpg

SAM_2191.jpg

Next step was to drill hole n make shore got in right spot!! as wasn't in center did make little tricky.
made up center punch outa old bolt n thread'd her down in to make shore we center punch hole in right spot!
SAM_2187.jpg

SAM_2189.jpg

Then hit on top with hammer :) and there marks the center punch , so drill in right spot :)
SAM_2190.jpg

Thats how looks all bolt'd on ;)
Also mad mount to hold choke as you can see.
chokemount.jpg

top work mate... wishing i still had all the tools to be able to fab up all my own brackets and other parts when i need em.. just make miss working with stainless..

top stuff guys, gonna be smokin the all to familiar crf's, and all done by a lady hahaha

Also very happy to find out that the after market caps with throttle cables fit! Was my biggest worry when we looking into buying suzuki, wondering if ever get after markit cable to fit!
Picture shows fast50s after markit cable fitted
SAM_2194.jpg

Then found out that cable fast50 cable was to short for the bigger MIKUNI VM 13 carb that comes on dr-z 70s stock.
Look'd in me box of spares n found had ,TB 20 - 24mm Carb Throttle Cable [TBW0127] normaly run on my crf 88.
Then found could use the stock dr-z cap with me tb cable. Im like SWEET!!

sweet, go the suzi drz

Latest posts

Back