Shan#10's Suzuki DR-Z 70 build!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey shearer im in the middle of modifying my 2012 drz70 aswell and im glad i found this post because there is rarely anything on the internet to do with the drZ70s
I race mine around local tracks but im in need of suspension upgrades and i was wondering what springs you used for the fronts?
And if a crf throttle cable will work with the carb?

Oh and what sprockets fit the front? To switch to a 12 tooth ? That would really help get my butt out of the soggy stuff....

Hey shearer im in the middle of modifying my 2012 drz70 aswell and im glad i found this post because there is rarely anything on the internet to do with the drZ70s
I race mine around local tracks but im in need of suspension upgrades and i was wondering what springs you used for the fronts?
And if a crf throttle cable will work with the carb?
Hay Driver 255
I Having same trouble with info on watt fits n watt dosen't with drz-70 as O you say'n People at shop not real helpfull as they just sell them to kids to ride!. So they got no idea watt adults wont to make it into pit bike.
- I just pot fast50 HD fork springs in (crf50 fork springs) Got them of jaimie :) http://classichonda50saustralia.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=384
Still got stock suzuki fork bush's atm
-crf throttle cable will fit on. Just dose'nt have enough cable length to go from idel to wide open.
Wount to get crf50 cable use on limited, as stock drz carb got longer silde.
use stock dr-z cap on carby with this cable
http://classichonda50saustralia.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=590

Watt sorta throttle plan to use?

Oh and what sprockets fit the front? To switch to a 12 tooth ? That would really help get my butt out of the soggy stuff....
I ask'd 3 differant Suzuki shops same Q. they didn't know grr.

Found out after just trying for me self . NO crf50 or z50 sprockits fit them
As spline like 1mm smaller counter shaft to honda. And dr-z has 428 pinch chain n hondas run 420 pinch chain
So i rang up Ballards in Perth. 02 47311210 http://www.ballards.cc/
Ask them if could get 428 pinch spockits to fit dr-z 70 front and rear.
Rear - Only get 33T which is stock anyhow
front- 12 , 13 ,14 can get. So bought 12T front
Found this gearing not to bad im 100kg plus pulls me along :)

Hope that helps you out! Let us know if got more Q's
I try and explain best i can :)

Driver 255 - It has been fun working on this bike. Yeah, it has been very hard to find information, shearer has done really well to work it all out so far. We hope this thread helps you and others who are interested Suzuki's.

Bought black fast50 billart throttle! to go on suzuki,
Pink grips was chrissy prezant for shann from me ;) . Just was waiting till got new throttle as reckn look better black to set pink color off! :)

Your soft side is coming thru mate, did you get that WA bloke a set of them to for that pimped crf he has?

Pot new fast50 throttle on with pink grips last night! reckn looks heaps cool :)
Also in picture can see new end cap got of ebay on muffler :)

great work guys, this little Suzuki sure is looking the goods...
it's like a Works bike now !

cheers, craig

The little Suzuki is the best! I went riding on the weekend and had a blast. Suzuki felt so comfortable and has so much power and speed :) My confidence in riding has gone up immensly since I've been riding this bike :)

That's great Shan, glad to hear your having a ball with it.

But im gonna need some vid footage of it hauling at shearers backyard bash okay;)

Man again that track is awesome, your one lucky and dedicated man shearer, well done. I would love this in my backyard but I would never go to work to fund the mini addiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Did Shan have an off guys?

Hope Shan is on the mend from the stitches mate , get well soon :)
Thanks for thinking of me, Jase.

Did Shan have an off guys?

Yeah I came off on the down ramp of the flyover. My right knee split open and I needed 22 stitches. My left wrist is swollen and bruised as well. Pissed as I was coming third in the Women's and had cleared the flyover in the first round! Oh we'll **** happens and I'm recovering well and being spoilt by Shearer ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks for lending me a bike to run in the minis Shan, the little DRZ went like the clappas (except when Randa passed me on the TTR :( ) Hope you heal up well and you'll deffinately have a cool scar to show off afterwards :)

Latest posts

Back