Shearer's Yamaha ttr50e

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot of me 50 , with gytr pipe and skid plate fitted :)

Also took the stock turtle back tyers off! Got new front , found 2nd handy Bridgestone M404 pot on rear Good to go sweet!!

Can see in shot above, that zip tied key barrel up under frame like crf's do. As ttr50 have them mounted up on top triple clamp.

looking good mate,
you need to get some more piccys up, some of the full bike out in the sun, different angles etc.

Picture shows sano top triple clamp (crf50 one) lines up ok, just head steem on yamaha little bit smaller then on crf. Made washer n pot the 27mm head steem nut back on and you good to go!
Also use'd stock start botton zip tied it to triple clamp can see too.

shows bar kit, also pot red fuel hose on tank

Also when take stocko bar's off!! need to pot remote choke lever some where! try'd to mount it to bars just didnt seam to wounta work, n let stearing turn free each way, mmm tucked back on left side next too air box.
Don't realy need choke to start anyhow.

Fitted taki crf50 rear shock! Note that ttr50 have like 1mm wider top shock mount then crf50. BUT just pot in and tightn up GOOD to GO!! hehe

there more room for shock around subframe then crf. easy fit

Looks awesome Shearer.

What do you think of the Taki shock?

I got one in my 50 and they are awesome bang for your buck considering how cheap they are.

Looks awesome Shearer.

What do you think of the Taki shock?

I got one in my 50 and they are awesome bang for your buck considering how cheap they are.
Thanks nick :)
Yeah for like $120 the taki shock is the way to go if on budget. Fox float by far the best shock from watt I have run in my mini's if can spare like $450
HD spring on stock shock works well in bikes running stock swing arm , just sits lower got heap mates run hd spring on stock shock on there 50cc bikes.

ttr50 haveing three mounting points to hold motor in frame, it be so hard n fiddle to pot pod filter on anyhow. Im just running stock airbox atm
This picture shows how there no room to pot uni filter straight on have to unbolt top mount! pain n bum. no chance from other side as muffler there!

Had issue with running stock air box, was the crank case breath'r runs up into air box. So when motor hot n oil is tinner & crash n lay bike down!! engine oil runs up n fills carby & filter FULL! of oil. n dam she smooky then! oil'n plug wounted rev out! n stop'd going after bit.

block off where hose go's into air box and run crank case breather down instead.
Cleand all oil outa carby n filter and good to go then! bean cut'n lap after lap no worrys after that. :)

Great foundation for a smick bike, keep us posted on the build mate

Thanks man.
Bought 39 rear sprocket for her! . Note the bolt don't have taper on them like crf's do or big bikes. So if was real cheap ace could turn sprockit around once worn bit n wear other side lol.

Last edited:
Also pot fast50s +1 legs . Fast50s hd forks springs in also.

Picture took of me 50 this arvo!

Picture of jap mini's together!

Looking sweet man! are you thinking about putting any graphics on it? i recon a basic graphics kit would look cool but leave the stock shroud graphics on so it looks like factory :)

Looking sweet man! are you thinking about putting any graphics on it? i recon a basic graphics kit would look cool but leave the stock shroud graphics on so it looks like factory :)
Thanks tommy

Bean think'n fair bit on watt do with me yami. Main idea came up with was to make repila bike out of it! so make sticker kit for it to look like the pro's that race yamaha. James strawert #7 , Josh grant #33

My crf is my stock class race bike #57. Im Josh grant Fan, Pot 33 on it. Then if lead me yami to mate to race somewhere she have different number to mine.

Watt do yas think?

tommys stock option be cheaper lol , just add tall seat and be good to go!

Last edited:
I might have a little piece for this bike you might be interested in ;) ill bring it out this weekend.
Thanks man for sano cam cover! bit of bling :)

was bit worry'd if took stock one of id brake the gaskit, Look into it more and found it was oil ring type setup :)

Looks way nicer then stock cover thanks bean ;)

Got yami carby off! The cap on top of carb is way smaller on yamaha's, picture shows aftermarkit crf50 cable n cap just too large! bit of bummer.

Latest posts

Back