Shearer's Yamaha ttr50e

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Useing stock yami throttle cable!. just have to stay on right side of frame and run cable straight up too throttle is only JUST! long enough!

so have you fitted a bigger carby, or did you want to fit a crf type cable ?

you need to swap the top caps over too shearer.
pull the rubber boot back off the cap and slide it along the cable a bit.
the cable should then slide out through the hole in the cap.

the other way around it is the run the cable down and around the back of the fork leg, instead of through the middle.

Yamaha carby on left, Honda carb on right!.

Honda carb looks to be tad bigger. Like'd the idea of poting honda carb on instead. Then could run crf50 longer throttle cable!, and choke be down on carby instead of having remote choke on end of lead lol work bit easyer.
-Found out that bolt holes just tad to wide on yamaha neck to bolt crf carb straight up :( , could elong gate holes and fit on! think'n mmm.

Cleaning out ttr carb , Poilt jet 12.5 Main jet 62.5
Looks like in stock ttr50 carb.

so have you fitted a bigger carby, or did you want to fit a crf type cable ?

you need to swap the top caps over too shearer.
pull the rubber boot back off the cap and slide it along the cable a bit.
the cable should then slide out through the hole in the cap.

the other way around it is the run the cable down and around the back of the fork leg, instead of through the middle.

Still running stock yamaha carby and throttle cable. Bike starts up and run's pritty good anyhow. No real need to change carby. Just playing round seeing watt honda parts will fit so down the track if feal the need to swop them i could.
when brake stock throttle cable! think'n mite look into poting crf carb on then as be easyer to get throttle cable for it.

Yeah try'd to run cable on back fork leg hang's in the road real bad end up nocking her off id say.
there no thread to hold cable still up at throttle on bars, just push's in and held around outside with zip tie! (thats how comes stock) Bit cheap! Honda style cables have thread n 14mm lock nut to hold in place.

Bean playing around riding me yami abit! Im near two sec a lap faster on me honda But! ;)
Got new battory

Also upgraded me yami to fox float! mmmm sweet!

Now me yami kinda **** itself :( , Once motor warms up she pumps engine oil out crank case breather , So much so that after 4 or 5 laps on my little track that oil level dosen't evan touch the dip stick :(
Got her pull'd down atm , Needs new piston n rings to fresh'n up again.

So Bean trying to chase up parts from yamaha , prise they gave me for new piston ,rings , gudge ,clips and head gaskit $420 near fell over :(
So try'd to get parts aftermarkit . but from watt they tell me there are none :(. make them for pw50 ,ttr90 but not ttr50 Sucks grrr :cursing:

Have you hit up Jaimie at classic honda shearer??

Pretty sure he can get the bits for you.

Have you hit up Jaimie at classic honda shearer??

Pretty sure he can get the bits for you.
Have'nt ask jaimie yet, have bean on his web site looking about for yamaha motor parts. Just get looking at how much honda parts has in stock and how cheap is! compaird to qutes geting so far to fix up me ttr50

Mybe you should buy a Honda :p

Sorry mate, that sux :( Have you asked Joes down here? Also just found this, but it might be the wrong year, but pricing looks good.
Save 20% on 2012 Yamaha TTR50 OEM Crankshaft Piston Parts | MotoSport Australia
You know i got power of honda mini's already tim haha
Bit of learning cure working on differant make of bike, after all im big minibike fan! So to have yamaha 50 in me collection is neat
Joe's be next place ring n ask about genuine parts for shore.
Just 2nd thinking mite buy 88kit for her ;)
http://www.minimobracing.com/store/...it-for-Stock-Head---TT-R50E/product_info.html

They list the parts cheap on that website mmm if they do post to aus mite be way to go yet

Mine is 2007 model.
Thanks heaps for extra info. Seams to be the cheapest listed so far.

are you having it bored out ?
what size piston is in it now ?

Stock is atm.
Messured up at 36mm
Have toy'd with idea of making into 88 , step up class. but like the idea of having honda 50 and yamaha 50. So can race them :)

i see what you mean by no aftermarket piston manufacturers yet.

the standard piston is only $19, and $33 for the rings pretty cheap
i don't see how they can do them so cheap.
i have compared prices with Yamaha Australia and the US site, they cant beleive it either !

Yeah id thought yamaha be big name and they be making pistons for all there main models.

I pot order in for new piston rings see how long takes them to post them over to aus.

Is that from boats.net ? Usually parts take a week to 10 days.

pot order in with motosport.com tim surguestd, then after did notice your surgustion of boats.net Looks like boats bean little cheaper.
Thanks for help and info :)

Me parts order from motosport.com came in mail today :) , Thanks timeeh
Looking forward to weeknd so pot me little yami back together :)

Latest posts

Back