Shearer's Yamaha ttr50e

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing me voltage sarvo!. 12.6volts battory had, when starts up volts go up to 14.2 volts . So you would think northing is worng atm! mmmm In saying that bike dose start and run with suzukis battery since swopd them over 2 weeks ago just before brithday bash!.

yeah the volts are all good.
anything over 12.6 when it's been sitting for a few days is fine

yeah the volts are all good.
anything over 12.6 when it's been sitting for a few days is fine
Ok cool!.
Wonder how come she let other battery go flat! & didn't charge her up! But drz charged it up now works fine. So not all bad.

dirty contacts somewhere maybe ?
spray some crc/wd40 on the terminals, or even better, use some dielectric/bulb grease on them to prevent it happening again
maybe just swapping batterys' over has allieviated the bad connection

dirty contacts somewhere maybe ?
spray some crc/wd40 on the terminals, or even better, use some dielectric/bulb grease on them to prevent it happening again
maybe just swapping batterys' over has allieviated the bad connection
Ok cool! thanks for help.
I did change fuse in yamaha when come to think of it! as it look'd old looking , wasn't broken. so may have bean turning point there. Other wise was straight battery swap.

that dielectric grease is good insurance against corrosion and bad connections
sounds like you'll be good for a while now

Geting all the parts ready to pot my gytr kick starter kit on me fiddie :)
Can kick her in gunts then! hehe

gee, what a hard conversion ....! lol
nice work btw.

Thanks for advice :) , Can be very handy at times for shore!

Also changed over to bmx bar set up! I like them way better then mx style.

:) with bmx style bar setup got. There is way more leg room for tall riders ;)

yeah shearer mate..... the ttr50s are notorious for **** battery's...we would get at least 1 person in a day asking for a ttr50 battery...... sometimes when i was putting them together.... i would find that the batterys are already dead.....(i worked at a yamaha joint).......... they are such a pain because there is no kickstart.....
good thing you've got one now!
Looking sweet with the fast50's gear

Hay that very interesting you say that! As ive bean to 4 bike shops in on day try'n to buy battery. think be easy to buy when have so much trouble with flat batterys. $550 paid for me gytr kick starter kit! money well spent so over push starting her. Just kick her in guts and away she go's :)
Must be yamaha ttr50 thing. ive had 3 batterys in mine since may this year!. If you take drz70 battery out of gf bike ;) (thanks baby lol) Yamaha starts up fine!!! Pot flat yamaha battery in suzuki drz70. kick her over do like 10 hot laps of me track!. Stop then flat old yami battery will start motor then.

So watt ever the go is with yamaha wireing system must drain battery, 4 days all get out of it now! then do the old switch a ROO with suzuki lol. As useing suzuki to charge them.

Went all out bought motor bike battery charger! , With this model of charger looks like can have wired in to battery n have plug there ready to charge up when pot bike away for night.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PROJECTA..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acb2519fc&_uhb=1

good buy.... we had a projecta battery re conditioner... we would just chuck the dead ones on for 3 or so hours...she would be good.........some ttr50s would sit on the show room floor for max 2 mnths... we would sell one... take her out back do the normal things like data dot, empty the fuel bowl and check if the bastard would start, half the time we would have to chuck it on charge....not really the best thing when ya tryna sell stuff!!

Mate $550 bucks.. holy jebus.... i coulda got ya one for a bargain.... but i guess its better than push'n her.....

Latest posts

Back