Should a bike roll in gear while clutch is pulled in?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingus

Reaction score
Hey guys, is a bike suppose to start rolling forward when its in gear while im holding the clutch lever in? Everything else is fine and it doesnt feel like the clutch is slipping. Would be as simple as adjusting the clutch cable or would be as severe as replacing the clutch basket?

you should be able to adjust the clutch a bit more.
what bike ?

If you pull the lever in, yes it should roll. Its the same as having it in neutral. Free rolling I mean if you push it.
But after a second read I realise your probarbly referring to it pulling itself along, as craig said, try adjusting the cable tension.

Last edited:
some of the front clutched engines like the Lifan 125 don't like to roll freely with the clutch pulled in.

My Ducar 125 rolls in gear with the clutch pulled in, and its a start in nuetral only engine, but my 250 Zhongshen doesnt, and its a start in any gear engine.

Ye I meant as in the bike would start moving on its own in gear while the clutch is pulled in. Craig I've got a 125 tdr OX. Are you talking about the adjustments on the clutch lever and clutch case cover?

Blender I have a 125 Ducar as well, so does that mean it's normal and my bike is all good?

yeah just adjust the cable so it is a bit tighter and try it again

Latest posts

Back