Sinister50's Seaview SX Triple Crown RD 2 - 11/4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the only one brother! :banana::banana::banana:

giphy.gif

And I'm going to die looking at some of those jumps. lol

Track looks mint as though.

At this rate I'm going to struggle to have a bike to ride. Running out of time fast to get parts and get them installed. :(

Give me a call Karlos.

Get it to the shop asap dude, I just found out yesterday my gearbox is toast! But seano's confident he'll have it back together n ready by Wednesday night.

Are you bringing your 88 too?

Race 10"am with with us!

Have no time to get it too the shop. Don't even have time to get parts. Got a big order from DHZ coming in today I hope so that will help a bit.

Damn HO motor I still can't get the head or barrell off to redo. Why is nothing easy when your time poor? lol

As it sit's right now we are 2 bikes down. My only hope is Chris and Zach can help us out but Chris has enough to do with his own bike. I'm stressing a bit as been away all weekend.

Because I'm taking the Friday off I'm under the pump with work and not going to be able to leave early on either of the other days.

Maybe but going to be pushing for space as we have to take all camping gear and swag's etc. Have 4 LXR's to get in and only have a 3 bike trailer. Plus it has no numbers.

I'm hoping there is a cabin left so we don't have to take as much since we are coming from so far away. Going to speak to Karlos soon.

I really hope it all comes together...

Last edited:
Cheers dude.

Doubt there will be any free rooms by now. It's my fault I should have been more organised.

Didn't think it was going to be an issue but it would be so much easier considering how much extra gear we need to haul up.

Karlos hooked me up with a room so all sorted. :)

Now just the bikes. Hopefully get one off the list tonight.

If gets cold nick! I sell ya one of me SHearer's hoodies! ;)
Bring some up! Karl ok with me bringing some up to sell

Count me in for a Shearer hoody for sure mate!! Think I got a MR shirt for you as well.

Want a Sinister hoody too if they have some floating around.

Parts all sorted!! Massive relief.

Back on track. Will be one bike down tonight and other tomoz night. :)

Sounds good! Karl after loan of my pit tent again! So he have sinister50s stand selling women's T . Singlets , hats ,hoodies.

Be good day of racing

That was an awesome weekend, with an awesome bunch of people. Was great to meet some of you for the first time and catch up with others. So sore today from all the dirt samples I took but that's pretty standard for me haha. To the Vic boys you killed it and massive respect for driving all that way to come ride. Can't wait to see any pics or vids of the day.
Until next time stay safe and thanks for the good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No vids from me this time, but got heaps of pics of the last two rounds. If Levi decides to go to bed early I'll get a chance to sort through a few more n post em up.

Sorry to everyone I didn't get a chance to say goodbye too, I was pretty desperate to get a few hours sleep before the long drive home. Only ended up getting three and a half anyway!

How bloody well did team Miniriders go! Given the bike setbacks you guys were on fire!! Good to meet ya's too...
Finally got to have some good talks with you too Nick, we need to do that more often!

All in all it was a sensational weekend, and it certainly made all the ridiculous amount of energy and money spent by everyone to get there worth while. Hats off to Sinister50's and everyone who made that weekend what it was, it was a blast!

Just got home before. Man I'm so knackered from driving but totally worth every second of it. :)

Will have a full writeup, pics and vids up tomoz.

The weekend was mind blowingly awesome and we all had a ball. I have been on this site for 5 years and finally got to meet a lot of people I have been speaking to for years which was wicked to say the least.

Team Miniriders in our first race event came away with 1st in 12 inch AM and 2nd in 10 inch am which was outstanding conidering all ups and downs we had over the weekend. It's a bit of a story I will fill you in on in the morning when I can concentrate again. lol

Good to hear your on a high Nick
I'm looking forward to having a read & a look through some pictures

Miniriders.com Event Writeup

Ok now I can think again I will do a bit of a write up while I wait for Corey to chuck some pics up I took on his camera and I get Zach and Dylan’s helmet cam footage.

Here is the story of our trip to Seaview for Round 2 of the Sinister 50’s event:

Chris had been going nuts trying to get his own LXR plus my 2 ready for the meet. He had gone nuts to the point he fell asleep under the bike on Wednesday night only to be woken up by oil dripping on him. Haha. Was commitment to say the least.

Zach, Chris, Dyllan and myself then spent another 4 hours on Thursday afternoon trying to finish things up and get on the road. Had problems with the decomp on one LXR and Clutch Plates on the other. Was time to draw a line in the sand and get going as we had a few hours to do that night. An SOS was sent out to Seano to help out when we got there.

Travelled for 5.5 hours on Thursday night and stayed just outside of Gundagai. Highlight of that part of the trip was Chris convincing Dyllan that he could snort a line of sugar. Hahaha. Was some funny ****. Car shenanigans for sure.

Up again early Friday morning for another 9 hours of driving up to Seaview. Sticker kit’s were being madly put on plastics in the car on the way up. As we were about 4 hours out we started to see some more mini’s leading up to the point we had a car convey going into Seaview of about 6 cars jammed packed with mini’s and midsizes. Was so cool to see!! Chris got some footage I will chuck up.

Get to seaview, unload bikes and immediately start working on them again to get the ready for the next morning. Seano came to my rescue and helped me out with decomp. She fired 2nd kick in the morning and was ready to roll. Chris’s bike wasn’t so lucky which I was spewing about as he had spent so much time working on other bikes only to have a strange fuel/earth issue and just wouldn’t run consitantly. We also didn’t have time to diagnose Dyllan’s clutch issue so we were 2 bikes down now (spewing).

Woke up next morning for race day. Place was empty at 7am. Talk about keen!! Haha

Being 2 bikes down some tough decisions had to be made. I ended up giving my ride to Dylan on my LXR to get some much needed race time being his first meet before VCM and Chris on my 88 in 10 am as he had a massive power and suspension deficit on the other guys. That meant I had to sit out but I was happy too just to let the real riders have a crack. Well Ok I was slightly disappointed but it was worth it to see the other guys get a shot at riding an SX track. I have unfinished business with that track for next time.

Dylan tried the 88 for practice and it ended up smashing him into a tyre and face planting him. Was GOLD!! Hahaha (pics to come).

It was definitely the right decision. My first big call as Team Manager and was a good one. 

Zach rode some really good consistent races and got 2,1,3,4 for memory to take the overall in 12 inch AM. Was a super effort and even after some nail biting minutes in the last race which he laid it down (and gave me a heart attack) he managed to hold on for the overall. Totally deserved it and put the time in prior to make it happen. I think he will have a red hot crack at B grade in VCM this year and be one to watch. Couldn’t wipe the smile of the kids face when he picked up that number one plate at presentations. That’s what it is all about.

Chris rode like a madman on my 88. Never seen that thing go so hard or even realise it was capable of that!! He was throwing it all over the track against bikes with thousand more on them and held his own to take out 2nd Overall in 10 inch AM. A Steller effort to say the least. He is riding better and better every time I see him and also putting in the yards off the track to make himself a better rider.

Dylan in his first ever race meet had a great day as well. We had an oil issue so he didn’t make the line first race. 2nd race he dropped it a couple of times and came last. He was quite nervous naturally being his first race and a bit bummed after that. A good pep talk from Chris and myself and some tips and 3rd race he came 4th!! Last race he did one better even managing to beat Zach and come 3rd!! This is where I knew I had picked the right guys as everyone helped each other out when needed Real good effort and I think after the downs and not thinking he could do it he surprised himself that’s for sure. A bit more experience and he will have a crack at VCM in B grade that’s for sure.

I think we have a real good tight nit group of riders that are dedicated and just want to ride mini’s. Were some stressful times in the end trying to rush everything but for me to help them out was a pleasure. Mini’s for me now are in a league of their own and I have fallen in love again with the sport and the people that got me hooked 5 years ago.

One gripe is a lot of riders that placed didn’t even hang around to receive plates. Thought that was a bit ****ty to be honest. Support the guys that let us have these races!!

Meeting Cordogs (Corey), 8r3nd0 (Brendo) Sean01 (Seano), Dreadful (Dready), Wogtaz (Woggy), Karlos (Karl), mini mullisha (Brett), Shearer (Geoff) was a dream come true. I have been speaking to these guys for years and it’s funny how you can pick genuine down to earth people over the internet and all these guys were that with a true passion for minibikes. Was wicked sinking some beers with you guys (well maybe a few too many for me haha).

Big shout out to Sinister 50’s for the day and to Shearer for selling me a 10inch tube to get Chris racing. Got it installed with literally a minute before the gate dropped. Special mention to Ang for sorting a room out for us on such short notice. Got some cools pics of hotel rooms jammed full of people and mini bikes Haha

Was a truly memorable trip. Once we get over the crazy amount of driving that was done we will be back up for the last round. This time fully setup ready to go and hopefully with a BBR in the arsenal. Learnt quite a few lessons from organising the whole thing so I will also be better prepared for the next one.

Hopefully Cordogs starts getting some pics up soon. We got 500 I know that so stay tuned.

Proud to be a Minirider and great to see that we still have a healthy scene going!!!

Good to hear your on a high Nick
I'm looking forward to having a read & a look through some pictures

Was chatting to Bean on Saturday night mate. What a top bloke. Wealth of knowledge. Had nothing but good things to say about you (except for you even thinking about selling your bike haha). We won't be letting you do that anytime soon. ;)

Really hope you can make the next one Jase as definitely want to meet you and see you ride as I have heard nothing but good things.

Latest posts

Back