so.. your into RC's huh....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ atomik boy, iv got 3 sets of New in packet drift rings here that are useless to me.. shoot me an offer dude.. they basically slip over your current tires as far as I can tell.. im not into the whole drifting scene so dont really have any idea as to their exact fitment etc..

this thread turning into rc p*rn

might have to change the title to

so your into rc p*rn huh

cause chonda that thing is **n bling lol so much blue bits beautiful how does it go?

both blue, :LolLolLolLol:

TC5R cost $900 outta the box like that, servo in cost $250. still sits:angry-smiley-010: like that.

TRF416 cost $350, has 5.5t ezrun brushless, Blue brid servo $100, so yah lots :rockon:

but yah was drifting for track side rc on the goldcoast so was getting stuff fairly cheap.:beerchug:

both blue, :LolLolLolLol:

TC5R cost $900 outta the box like that, servo in cost $250. still sits:angry-smiley-010: like that.

TRF416 cost $350, has 5.5t ezrun brushless, Blue brid servo $100, so yah lots :rockon:

but yah was drifting for track side rc on the goldcoast so was getting stuff fairly cheap.:beerchug:

haha awesome i use to have a few hpi drift cars there fun but not when they smash it's just another day at the desk fixing it

where bout you live sp33d?
how bout 12 bucks posted?
too much?

:banana: can get sushi drift off ebay for like 8 buck for 12 wheels, 3sets.

12 Sushi DRIFT RC TIRES TYRES ABS TT-01 Yokomo HPI Losi (eBay item 300511758912 end time 11-Jan-11 02:05:01 AEDST) : Toys Hobbies

good for starting out and using in car parks.

T drift pretty good. I run driftdaddys and T drifts on carpet..

CHECK THIS FORUM OUT CHAMP GOOD GUYS ON THER AS well:first:

Drift City • Index page

Last edited:
only thing is with car parks is the asphalt is a bit to rocky and thick cause the wheels to get hooked and keep grip

fair enough i had trouble probsbly because my old cars use to sit low as f*ck

:banana: can get sushi drift off ebay for like 8 buck for 12 wheels, 3sets.

12 Sushi DRIFT RC TIRES TYRES ABS TT-01 Yokomo HPI Losi (eBay item 300511758912 end time 11-Jan-11 02:05:01 AEDST) : Toys Hobbies

good for starting out and using in car parks.

T drift pretty good. I run driftdaddys and T drifts on carpet..

CHECK THIS FORUM OUT CHAMP GOOD GUYS ON THER AS well:first:

Drift City • Index page
i was gonna get em
thing is that those are in america and will cost me over 18 dollars with postage!
plus ill need rims so it will add right up but these ones sound good as they just slip on right?

@ atomik.. im in Melbourne, to be honest, I payed $20. for the 3 sets with a bulk lot of crawler stuff I brought, so just after what they owe me + whatever it costs to get them to you.. otherwise I can use them as weight retaining rings on the crawlers ;)
DSCN0886.jpg

speaking of.. some updated pics of the current running collection...
things I havnt added to these as yet but are sitting in the toolbox are:

Slash:
lipo packs.. 11.1V 3cell(wheelstand on demand) Brushless is obviously in it now, and currently powered by a 7Cell Nimih 8.4V.. good.. but i want MORE! (will need to get a 2.4 receiver for this sometime...)
DSCN0896.jpg

SCX10: Crawler Speedy with drag brak, lipo compatible, programable, inbuilt BEC. alloy hubs, alloy links inc. steer, obviously iv got the 2.2s on it at the moment, still need more weight in them as they are a little light but hook up like $hit to a blanket!!
Is also running on 2.4ghz now.. soooo much cleaner n signal its amazing! never will I go AM again!!
DSCN0898.jpg

2.2 Comp: Well the bug needs a servo for the dig installed, and I need to get another 2.4 ghz reciever, and mod my control for a 3 chan switch.. otherwise its good to go!!
DSCN0897.jpg

I recieved my lipo's a decent charger(turnigy)and Lipo Bag.. not bad for $60.00 AU inc. shipping.. Hobbyking in hongkong, when they have the stock, cant complain.. if its on backorder thou, be prepaired to wait..I was just on 3 months for these batteries to become available!!

I still got the RC bike, havnt 'ridden' it for a while, might look into some more lipos for that now I got the charger! Vintage SandScorcher, still sits upon the shelf being a queen.. and the .25 savages are in retirement. wouldnt touch a nitro again. Brushless ALL THE WAY!

DSCN0894.jpg

DSCN0895.jpg

Those yoko's rings you'll need yoko's wheels they didnt fit on just any wheel.

ahhh there ya go. looks like I got some weight retainers for the 1.9's then!

Last edited:
what IS w.m.d..

Your better off gettingthe whole set up, motor esc champ.

5.5t are fast motors. what will you be using it for.. I would say start with a 9T ezrun / speedpassion.

Higher the kv the lower the Turn in the motor...

well there brushless cos they dont have brushes in them. if you have ever pulled a drill/grinder/ etc apart

you will find lil brush in them.

brushless motor have more power, can program them for speed, brakes, lipo cut off, drag brake. etc

brushed motors are non programable.

Last edited:
ok might as well get a good set of rims with those drift wheels i was gonna get!
thanks anyway foolsp33d
what the heck is a weight retainer?
will someone please tell me what is a brushless motor and what is so frikken good about them?????
the higher the kv the better right?
coz i wanna know will this:
eZRun 5.5T 6000kv RC Brushless Motor 1/10/12 car buggy (eBay item 280531213751 end time 02-Feb-11 21:51:20 AEDST) : Toys, Hobbies
fit my w.m.d?

Weight retainer.. crawler wise.. Stnadard 1:1 ar wheel weights are added into both the front and rear rims. the drift ring (or more often than not electrical tape) is then stuck AROUND the weights to retain them!
Beofre having a ring(tape)
URL]

Brushless VS Brushed: Drive a brushless car with the same setup then drive the brushed.. pick your jaw up off the concrete and have sweet dreams about brushless.. Power is almost instant, run times will increse, being programable(some brushed ESC's are but big $$) pretty much NO maintenance.. so no brushes to replace, no comms to cut.. and smooth n quiet!! PC, xobx, ps2,3 fans etc are brushless.. power drills are not..

A brushed motors internals will look VERY similar to
URL]

whilst a Brushless motor will look like
URL]

:listen:Im glad outrunners wernt mentioned ..
wait till the world of LiPo hits you Atomik.. there will be NO looking back at the ol Nimih!!or god forbid.. Nicad!! :baaa:
some REALLY good reading here depending how much you want to know about your electric motor...
G2 Consulting - Motor Design and Power Electronics (course)

might also get a slide out of this page....
RC Drift Car - How To Make Drifting R/C Cars

Im off to the skate park to see what damage I can do to the slash. Will try and get some footage..

foolsp33d that was awsome!
+ reps
thanks so much...
i found that mine is a brushless but i think its pretty small and i wanna get a monster of one!
haha
thanks again,
james
p.s
does anyone know a good site for buying parts specific to certain model (tt01, etc)

Last edited:
Hey Champ did you upgrade your motor, cos this one in your car in the pic is a brushed stock 27 turn motor.:aetsch:

P1000309.JPG

foolsp33d that was awsome!
+ reps
thanks so much...
i found that mine is a brushless but i think its pretty small and i wanna get a monster of one!
haha
thanks again,
james
p.s
does anyone know a good site for buying parts specific to certain model (tt01, etc)

theres a few aussie places..
RCHobbies.com.au
eBay Australia Shop - OZ-RC MODELS: General accessories spares, Car Kits Ready To Run, Clear Unpainted (very good seller and has a shop front been there heaps of times)

out of aus (china,usa)..
Tower Hobbies - Best Source for Radio Control ( R/C or RC ) Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Boats and Helicopters
RC car, truck, crawler, monster, helicopter, planes - rcMart.com (used this place heeaps of times, always got what i wanted with no hassels)
ebay usa is also good.. and cheap..

edit..
also forgot to add if your going to convert to a brushless, buy a kit as you need speed controller as well as the motor... and yep a good lipo battery and balance charger...
also the ezrun series of engines and speed controllers are the same as the venom..(ezrun actually make the venom)

and yeah in the pic above, thats just a normal brushed motor..

Last edited:
theres a few aussie places..
RCHobbies.com.au
eBay Australia Shop - OZ-RC MODELS: General accessories spares, Car Kits Ready To Run, Clear Unpainted (very good seller and has a shop front been there heaps of times)

out of aus (china,usa)..
Tower Hobbies - Best Source for Radio Control ( R/C or RC ) Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Boats and Helicopters
RC car, truck, crawler, monster, helicopter, planes - rcMart.com (used this place heeaps of times, always got what i wanted with no hassels)
ebay usa is also good.. and cheap..

edit..
also forgot to add if your going to convert to a brushless, buy a kit as you need speed controller as well as the motor... and yep a good lipo battery and balance charger...
also the ezrun series of engines and speed controllers are the same as the venom..(ezrun actually make the venom)

and yeah in the pic above, thats just a normal brushed motor..

Mite find venom have nothing to do with ezrun.. You will find speed passion (Drift passion)

are ezrun. After the 12 month copy wright they had on speedpassion motors run out.

The ezrun 9t setups were made.

Venom are in a class of there own for price / proformance / warranty's / wiring / esc / motor.

rrp for a veom setup start from around $200

ezrun / speedpassion (driftpassion) good price / made really only for drifting / 2wheel drive trucks / 4x4 wheel drive trucks.

rrp for them are around $90 to $190 depends where one is getting them from (shop / ebay)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back