Starglen Lodge Ride 27th November!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might want to double check we are still allowed to go.

Apparently they are having noise issues up there from neighbours. I know one massive organised ride due for this weekend has been cancelled.

Be worth double checking.

Might want to double check we are still allowed to go.

Apparently they are having noise issues up there from neighbours. I know one massive organised ride due for this weekend has been cancelled.

Be worth double checking.

yep & its a serious thing with lots of council & lawyers & bullsh!t, took us about 3 years to sort it out

Mmm Shezz when you find out can you email me? this could be seriously gay. I printed all the flyers already for oct/nov double sided ha ha.

Sorry guys at this stage its a no go.
Spoke to Star glen lodge Monday and then my internet had a melt down.
They said they are in the middle of a legal battle and at this stage they have riding restrictions in place until January 2011....But they are trying to get the ban lifted and will let everyone know asap....We declined a wedding invite to go to the weekend so hopefully it will still go ahead but November is not far away now and council appeals can go on for ever as they are not in a hurry...

Sorry guys at this stage its a no go.
Spoke to Star glen lodge Monday and then my internet had a melt down.
They said they are in the middle of a legal battle and at this stage they have riding restrictions in place until January 2011....But they are trying to get the ban lifted and will let everyone know asap....We declined a wedding invite to go to the weekend so hopefully it will still go ahead but November is not far away now and council appeals can go on for ever as they are not in a hurry...

I figured this would be the case.

What is the backup plan?

Will discuss with Vic mini riders and see what the G O is.

I'll dig this back up.

Starglen Lodge is back open. I have just confirmed my booking for May next year. I'm going up with Dad and other members of the Ulysses Club.

Is anyonestill interested in organising a mini weekend there again?

I'll dig this back up.

Starglen Lodge is back open. I have just confirmed my booking for May next year. I'm going up with Dad and other members of the Ulysses Club.

Is anyonestill interested in organising a mini weekend there again?

I have been thinking about have a MR Ride Weekend there in the not too distant future.

Will see what I can get sorted.

I spoke to them in feb and they said if anything changed to do with minibikes they'd email me. Poor effort...

Anyway so no restriction on bike types and is there any limit??

I spoke to them in feb and they said if anything changed to do with minibikes they'd email me. Poor effort...

Anyway so no restriction on bike types and is there any limit??

Not that I'm aware of. You just can't leave the property and go bush without license and rec reg.

I know another forum heading up there in 2 weeks time. 81 riders going.

I'd be confirming there allowing pitbikes.

I'm aware and know how rec reg on there property works. But I mean on there land last they said to me was they didn't see anytime in the future theyd be allowing pitbikes due to noise as they were lucky to be allowed to have less noisy bikes on there after the complaints.

I'd be confirming there allowing pitbikes.

I'm aware and know how rec reg on there property works. But I mean on there land last they said to me was they didn't see anytime in the future theyd be allowing pitbikes due to noise as they were lucky to be allowed to have less noisy bikes on there after the complaints.

I think 81 big bikes will make enough noise so I doubt they will still have banned mini's.

What you mean? Rec reg doesn't come into it on private land what so ever. So riding around Starglen's 200 acres is a non issue.

It's just if you want to hit the big stuff out the back that you need it and to be honest I would think that's up to the rider not them to dictate.

I think 81 big bikes will make enough noise so I doubt they will still have banned mini's.

What you mean? Rec reg doesn't come into it on private land what so ever. So riding around Starglen's 200 acres is a non issue.

It's just if you want to hit the big stuff out the back that you need it and to be honest I would think that's up to the rider not them to dictate.

Hrmm you are well aware I know how rec reg works and I know you don't need it for their property, but it does back on to bush land which the pit bikes with no rec reg couldn't go on... all I was referring too.

Last time I contacted them they advised me they were allowing big bikes again but NOT pitbikes as they were noisier then big bikes and they needed to keep the noise down...

Emails from feb:

Hi Rachael.
Thanks for your enquiry, we have been having bikes back on the property.
Mini Bikes and pit bikes are our biggest problem though, as they are all so
noisy and having 25 of them would not be an option.
We only have maybe 2 on a weekend, we don't even have many 2 stroke bikes on
the property.
Unfortunately with neighbors like we have, (and they are not our direct
neighbors) they ruin what is a good thing.
We don't mind the pit bikes, we would have everyone here if we could.
Unfortunately I will have to say no to the booking.
Thanks for your email
Kindest regards
Amanda

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:24 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject:

Hi,

Late last year we were planning to come down with a large group of people on
minibike/pit bikes (50cc-175cc) 14"/12" wheel base and smaller with no rec
rego. We were told that you were having noise issues with the neighbours so
it couldn't go ahead. I was just wondering if there has been any change or
if it was possible to look in to going head with doing this again? We wanted
to stay in the bunk house and were expecting 25-35 people all with bikes.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachael Menz.

I just sent off another email to them asking if the rules had change about pitbikes.

Sorry to burst your bubble! Just got a reply to my email.

Hi Rachael,
Thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately we are still unable to take the
noisy bikes. We have had a few people come up with Baffles on their pitbikes
and they are still to loud.
Thanks Again
Amanda

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:10 PM
Subject: pitbikes

Hi,

I emailed a while back about a booking in the bunk house for about 20-25
pitbike(50cc-175cc, 14"/12" wheel base) riders. I was advised you couldn't
allow pitbikes due to noise complaints/restrictions. Was just wondering if
there any change in this situation?

Thanks,

Rachael Menz

Sorry to burst your bubble! Just got a reply to my email.

Hi Rachael,
Thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately we are still unable to take the
noisy bikes. We have had a few people come up with Baffles on their pitbikes
and they are still to loud.
Thanks Again
Amanda

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:10 PM
Subject: pitbikes

Hi,

I emailed a while back about a booking in the bunk house for about 20-25
pitbike(50cc-175cc, 14"/12" wheel base) riders. I was advised you couldn't
allow pitbikes due to noise complaints/restrictions. Was just wondering if
there any change in this situation?

Thanks,

Rachael Menz

Nice one Rach. Ever think of telling them big bikes are actually noisier? :cursing:

How about you leave just leave it to me. I have a few other contacts that may be able to get around this that know the guys directly.

Latest posts

Back