Stunter in the works

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*UPDATE*

well got her today....

a guy stated that the rear shock bushings are shot.

the barrel that he gave me is a 120cc, the piston is a flat top (slight recess in it)

one thing i noticed as i wheeled it in to the shed was that the steering seemed a bit short???
well soon discovered that the top tirpple clamp hits the tank before it hits the stop on the frame!?!?!

anyone got suggestions for the fixing my steering prolem....yes its ony goingt o be stunter but i still want my steering!!! lol

and as thump said the seat is unreal its got curved edges instead of straight right angles

Last edited:
can you show some pics of the steering stops on the frame and clamps? I had the same thing when I bought a second hand bike, but that was a twin tube frame with as-02's and was because the as-02's aren't made to suit that frame, was an easy fix tho

finally got some pics......gotta love dial up speed!!!

first pic is the top camp resting on the tank, there are marks on the tank from where the clamp has hit

DSC00246.jpg

second pic is how far the bars turn with the tank on

DSC00247.jpg

3rd pic is a comparison of last with the tank off

DSC00249.jpg

4th pic is showing how far the bottom clam is from the stop with the tank on (hard to see but the rectangle looking object is the stop, the silver thing is the clamp)

DSC00248.jpg

5th pic is a comparison of the 4th with the tank off and you can see the silver clamp resting on the stop

DSC00251.jpg

the pics don't help, maybe in daylight would be better. The stop on the frame is there but can't really see the clamp at all, is there any threads in the clamp where a stop might have been attached?
It could possibly be an aftermarket set of clamps or maybe just a bad design.
I guess you could tap a thread and bolt some little stops onto the clamp, or even a bolt alone could be used as a stop

yer but thats gonna restrict my steering...i sort of wanted all i can get as it dosent feel right atthe moment.

i suggetsion i thought was maybe pull the tank back a bit and put a bolt on the rear of the tank and cable tie the front down

hmmm....

i just thought maybe if i made a sort of template that bolts on the front of the tank and jst stick out longer in order to push the tank back??

yeah it seems as if the frame is bent, i wonder if another member here that has the same model bike would be nice enough to measure the distance from the swing arm bolt to the front wheel axle bolt.
cause it looks like it has too much rake which would make the measurement longer on yours...

are the frames the same as a crf50 frame or are the thumpy's longer?
maybe go with a sano or similar frame...

shame though, cause this throws your plans and budget out a bit..

yer i dont think its bent....

i checked out some of short.y pics of hes thumpstar. frame looks same except for the sub frame has a loop instead mine dosent meet up.

but the front tank mount does look awfully close to the stem

i will get some pics today as being there will be sun.......maybe

Yeah man i dont think its bent im 95% they were all like this, But then conventional forks seem to do this to bikes.
Look at some of the cheap china's with conventional forks and they will still look like this some have even worse rake on them!

hmmm i'm a bit sus on this one... i'm not sure about the frame/triple set-up on yours... i have a feeling you dont actually have a genuine thumpstar all of a sudden...
triple clamps are wrong, and the maintube on the frame is wrong...
Thumpys had an extension of about 3 inches at the headstem, down the back bone of the frame.. well, the hungetens did.. the 70ceecee and 90's didnt.. The steel tube on the top of the backbone was also square section, with the tank mounted much further back towards the rear of the frame...
Triple clamp looks to be aftermarket as well... stock triple was old school style, big slab triangular shaped thing... moves the fork legs a lot further forward, without moving the headstem...
Genuine Thumpstar triple clamps have the Thump* logo on them, and the frame will have a plate on it, similar to a compliance plate...
I'll see if i can get some pics up of both the frame and triple clamp to show you what it *should* look like...

from doing further research i dont belive its a hunge25...

its got hunge25 plastics and seat but i think the frame is more froma 90cee cee or earlier model 110

hmmm the front of your frame looks completely different to the one in the for sale section. maybe its just the fact its a different model..(missing the frame brace in front of the tank)

maybe it has had a frame change or sumthin in the past...

id be checking the thumpy trade marks on the frame and fork clamps..

oh and maybe the frame (chassis) number may tell a story

Does it have the compliance plate on the frame still?? (behind the front number plate) that should have a brand name on mine is (feiying) then its got a model number, build date, and engine capacity.
Mine is a 2004 70cc so i guess the same manufacturer would have made all models.

yeah those triple clamps arent Thumpstar items, nor is the frame... Not a Hungeten or Hunge25 anyway.. as Sean mentioned, the Thumpstars had box section on top of the frame backbone, basically running under the front tank mount, to the headstem...
yep, gonna have to do some sleuthing if i ever get to leave work and go home... will get some pics up tomorrow sometime of what a thumpstar frame and triples should look like..

well every thumpstar i have looked had has had the same clamps as mine....

no compliance plate....

the only thing engraved on it is the frame number

*LD3PGH5C951101594*

well here are some progress pics..

chaged the plastics over, put a pro taper bar pad on, took off the clutch lever and cable.

bought and engine....well bike lol its a dhz 110 bought for the engine but selling the roller hopefully to a mate

also if anyone wants to buy a genuine thumpstar clutch lever and cable i will get pics of it its got a good rubber cover to prevent dirt and crap getting in the cable

heres the pics

PC120089.jpg

PC120090.jpg

and another pic of the clamps for you thump

PC120091.jpg

Latest posts

Back