SWD 125cc turbo question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWD125cc

Reaction score
i was jus lookin round on ebay and found a electric turbo/supercharger for
125cc bikes, so to use it i would need a powersource and an alternator has anyone had any experience doing anything like this to there bikes or knows of any shops i can check out on the northside of brisbane
cheers

the motor in these dont spin fast enough to gain performance and if ur just gunna attach it to the carby it wont like it and the bike will stall wen you engage the push button.

i was jus lookin round on ebay and found a electric turbo/supercharger for
125cc bikes, so to use it i would need a powersource and an alternator has anyone had any experience doing anything like this to there bikes or knows of any shops i can check out on the northside of brisbane
cheers

Just send me your money, i'll send you an empty box - just bolt the 'air' to your bike and i'll go faster than using that 'joke of an idea' turbo.
Less weight = more power - soooo NO crap useless turbo = MORE POWER

like the others said it will hinder your performance more than anything.

all those things on ebay are complete bullshit, if they worked then manufacturers would add them to the bike straight out of the factory.

those things end up blocking air from coming in because as dabomb said they dont spin fast enough to help.

save your money and buy some new socks instead! :)

Yes, I can also confirm that, it's a real waste of money.
I did a lot of tuning in the past, I mean really a lot of tuning in the past with these engines and the only turbo that I know where you can give it a shot with is the Mitshibushi TD-02 Turbo which is smaller as a tin of beer.

Two year ago you could order a turbo like that from Turbo Engineering Corp in the USA.

But I can tell you right now, a displacement from 125cc will not work.

If you want to try it, use then also a injection system.

I have used once the "FI" Electronic Fuel Injection System from FC Design in Japan and it worked very well (I had the one with 27mm and 1 injector, now they have 2 injectors and 32mm).

fi_kit.jpg

Great after sales service aswell, if you need help or advice, they help you anytime.
Their website is fcdesign.free.fr/en/index.html (scroll a bit down for the minibike engines...)

Greetings,

Reggy

Last edited:
Interesting ... What is the cost for a kit ??????

hmmm emailed the company then, the kit cost 230,740 yen delivered......other words $4k AUD .... out weigh the price of the bike much?

Last edited:
lol i used one of them once, it had enough boost to disrupt the carbys pressure drop and stalled the engine...did it at any rpm lol

fugn hairdriers lol

i have had the misfortune to have seen those plastic(plastic?wtf) turbos

ok, the clearances inside the housing where turbine is inside tourus/snail? about 10mm all round :eek:

go and get a brushless motor from the hobby shop and you might just get some more speed, hence pressure, but with plastic, loose fits and all the probs with a speed control for it, why bother?
but get an old car one and get someone with a lathe to mount your small electric motor to THAT! then, current draw not being an issue(which it is now, um 20 amps plus if you want something worth while) you may achieve boost :O

though, i will say... if you go turbo, or supercharged, please note...CARBY FIRST! yay! lets put a flammable air fuel mix thru a compressor...
! seriously, its the only way a carby will work....unless! ah ha! you seal the carb in its own little pressurised airbox! or connect the bowls vent to the airbox....

why is this? a carby is a venturi. if you raise the pressure going in, youll have higher than atmospheric pressure in the throat, and having the bowl vented to atmosphere, you (logically) shall force air DOWN the main jet and into the bowl... just like blowing through a straw :eek:

well thats what i was told and it makes sense to me!:p

That's 100 % right ... carburetors work off negative pressure (vacuum) from the manifold side ... You've explained why those hair dryers won't work SPOT ON ... and Dabomb has experienced them in the flesh and verifies what you've explained ... ie BOG , BOG ... They would require fuel to be mechanically FORCED into the venturi or port ... via a fuel injection system ...

turbo

hi, new here, im also well aware that this thread is a bit on the old side but thought id add my 2cents anyway. iv just been given a 125 lifan off an older pitpro and its getting put on a buggy, so im thinkn that a turbo of gt28 proportions should spool up at around the 5000rpm mark, which is not a problem in my case, but the biggest thing im lookin for is where to run the oil lines to and from?? but other wise, will be running like this >
carb>turb>head>exhaust>turb ex housing>2inch dump+screamer.

planned mods will be a 150cc piston inside the 125 cylinder and decompress the head a little, and i already ported the heck outta the head+ manifold. :)

sorry to burst yr bubble but a gt28 turbo is miles to big...
i doubt it would spool up enough to make even 1psi...

oh and too the rest of the posts in here,
you can blow thru a carb but yeah it takes alot of work to get it to work..
i was going to blow thru a set of 45mm webers, while the end result would of been awesome the setup wouldnt of been lol..
like said above, put the carbs in a sealed box. or add boost to the throttle shafts (push boost against boost) or else youll leak boost..

oh and also if you blow thru a carb you also have to run some sort of fuel pump as the boost will shut the float valve off. so every psi of boost you need to add a psi to the fuel.(raising rate fuel regulator)

No idea on the oil lines, but start a build thread so we can all see this! :D

Normally it's a 125cc pit bike, but when this pit bike eats a turbo, it becomes...

[Insert picture of bike wrapped around tree/fencepost here]

lols at gt28, these engines are 150cc..if your serious need a Mitsubishi TD02 or IHI RHB3, ive got a rhb3 for a special project one day....
TurboZed.jpg

Latest posts

Back