Terra moto 125cc build, and my first bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsam

Reaction score
hello everyone first post,
i just got myself a pit bike a terra 125cc, my first bike i have owned. have some riding time on 250 and stuff. not a lot though.
been looking at this forum for a few days could help signing up and posting my progress,

anyway bike is a 125cc terra moto 07 i think?
picked up last weekend for $250 had rings done 5hrs ago apparently.
needs a some work.

no kick start its f#@ked have to roll start,
needs a new out rotor chain has come off and broken the pickup for timing i believe it is?
and a few other little things. ill post pics when i find out how to, I'm a apprentice mechanic and want to build it up little project. any info about terra bike and the lifan 125cc would be very helpful :) :) thanks

where can i get parts for the lifan 125cc engines, i have part numbers

Looks to be verysimilar to themoto x bikes atomik put out. Tbh, the only money worth spending is fixing your kick start and put a outer rotor kit on it to get it going. Then ride the crap out of it and upgrade when your confident. The frames arent very strong on these bikesm and by the time you pour 800 odd bucks into in parts to ride well, you may as well have bought a bigger better bike. If your really set on oing this up, then look into a dnm rear shock and some good forks (black label kit s 400 bucks from dhz.com) add some bracing to frame ( or it will bend when you jump it) and then look at porting your head, hd valve springs etc. But I honestly think you dhould ride this till its not quick enough, and look at a atomik fuse or dhz outlaw...

thank you, yeah was just going to get it going and ride it till i get used to it, at the end of the day i really do wanna spend the money on it and do it up, i won't really be jumping it much but ill still had some bracing I'm sure ill be able to weld some stuff up at work, ill have a look at the dnm rear shocks.

10749195_688658167915475_1592276957_n.jpg10754874_688658157915476_1728489708_n.jpg
pulled all my plastic off pull clean up and giving the bike a service today, is the oil filter under the crankcase or something?

Interesting Kick start there !!

The oil filter strainer is behind the r/h clutch cover, you need to take it off the access it.
Once you have it off, it's in the lower front section directly above the case drain bolt, it just slides out.

my bluepoint socket :/
but oh well, have a out rotor coming should be here on tuesday. ill post pics of the progress and fitting the new coil and lead have coming. what use forks would fit this bike, are there just cr50 frames?
oil filter stainer was easy to find, don't think it had been serviced in a few hrs. post pics tomorrow

You can get black labels for them, but yoh will have to get thd headstem machined to suit. Its a 400 dollar kit from dhz bug they are great forks. You could also go fast ace forks, avoid the as o3 model, you want as 02 or as 01s. There is also the dnm hornet forks that braaap use.
If your looking to get more power later on the gpx 125 is probably the best bang for buck buy around.

would i just have to machine some metal from my head stem to fit them? would there be any forks that will bolt up, or is it a bit of work to fit any forks. i don't mind the work to fit them just wanting to know. yeahh is it hard to fit up a new motor can't imagine it being so, what 125cc or little bigger would someone recommend to put in it.

Nah the headstem that comes with the back label triple clamps will be to long, you just take your original headstem and the new one in to a machinist and get them to make your new one the same as your old one. Best engine to drop in imo is the gpx 125 stock it has dome top hi comp piston, race cam oil cooler rear mounted 5 plate clutch, makes a stock 125 look like a 50 ;) 26mm oko and gpx x power zorst

thank you :) what carby size and jetting would you thing a 125 should run just with a good pipe and irk maybe cam

Latest posts

Back