The New TTR style 155Z by RevolutionMX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
top stuff mate...
looks like joomla is pretty flexible but a bit of a pain to setup for someone thats never had much to do with creating websites.
i downloaded a package of it the other week but havent had time to play with it..
looks like its the go tho..
cheers

Joomla is free

the weird thing is, once you have done the template it would only take time for the content to be copied and pasted in for it to work.

the content is held in the database and even if the website was hacked and deleted the content would still be there in the database - so i assume that the guy doing it doesnt know whats going on.

and on a sidenote, whoever is hosting the website can pull the backup down in very minimal time and then it would be back to the way it was in no time - i hope you dont keep paying for it to get remade

throw us questions if you need clarification mate because im sure i can help you stop getting snowballed

You can blow away images and content off a site without touching the DB. The physical content won't be in the db. Rather a seperate images dir with links to the images/content in the db.

It's all about the security settings and what ports/protocals are being allowed. My guess is telnet or something is still enabled.

joomla is made up of posts and pages which are held in the db - the images can obviously be easily deleted and yeh you are right there are many ways they could be hacking it but the point is that the site doesnt have to be remade everytime - especially with backups and the source from the website maker.

If I was paying a web developer to get my business site up I sure as hell would be unimpressed if they started using something like Joomla! Dump these clowns ASAP and get with a company that actually has a clue and won't shaft you repeatedly through lack of knowledge...

I just noticed that the RevMX site is suddenly sporting VirtueMart... Either you are doing this yourself or your developers are reading this thread.

Last edited:
If I was paying a web developer to get my business site up I sure as hell would be unimpressed if they started using something like Joomla! Dump these clowns ASAP and get with a company that actually has a clue and won't shaft you repeatedly through lack of knowledge...

I just noticed that the RevMX site is suddenly sporting VirtueMart... Either you are doing this yourself or your developers are reading this thread.

Joomla is fine if you wanna do things on the cheap side. For what he want's it would be fine. Guessing he is trying to cut down on costs which is fair enough.

for small scale stuff joomla should be fine but when business starts to ramp up they will have to look for something a bit more robust and have something a bit more solid considering the trouble they have had so far i would be worried if you relied on the website for your business and in this day and age its a vital part to a business - especially a new one.

anyways i hope its rock solid now and the SSH pwds, ftp pwds and the sql pwds are all reset to something new - and make sure you delete the install folder or setup or whatever it is called so that they cant navigate to it and get access. oh and CHMOD all your files correctly - especially the config file - im assuming that someone that is doing the website is reading this thread :)

OK LETS GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK

good review so far - hope to see more coming and the ironing out of the little bugs like the fuel cap but the bike definately looks HOT - wish it was around 3 months ago when i bought my dhz

lol Travis he needs better software and designer cause the people hes with now are crap, they have shit security on it of who has access to certain files,

did you even reed the thread?

:focus:

Cant wait till i get a bit more coin review makes me jizz :lol_hitting:

RevolutionMX - Motard

vbpgimage.php
vbpgimage.php
vbpicgallery.php

Last edited:
Londin might wanna edit pic, still has vertmax showing
This is what it came with! If Russ want to send me a new sticker kit then he is more then welcome(he can send me a new fuel cap to!!), if not, then mine is a Vertmax according to the sticker!

ive been looking at this bike and decided to join to comment on it!

im looking for a new mini i have a 04 crf 50 and i want a new bike would this bee good?

Londin - This is what I've been hanging for! Can't wait to hear how it handles...

Is that a VTR 1000 SP1 in the background? Can I have it? :D

Latest posts

Back