The NEW Z Files. Honda Z owners.-official

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 fly

Reaction score
Honda 50z engine build up

Hi all Im currently building a honda z50 engine .3 speed all down 83model.
The bore im using is a honda 85cc barrel bored out to 48.5mm .
I decided to use a head off an early model honda 90cc posty engine the port work is now done ,
What i do need is a set of larger valves can somebody tell me the size of the valves in the lifan engines the valve stem must be 4.5mm thick ?
Once i sort some valves out i can choose a cam and some valve springs ,All in all i hope the engine performs well. im now saving for an inner rotor kit for it and a decent carby any help appreciated cheers geoff....

import honda engine!!

hey guys
i was recently lookin on an international trade website (alibaba) and i found an engine i have never seen before.:eek: its a honda engine for sure. but its manual, has glossy black sidecovers and is either 110cc or 125cc's. if i could attach a pic i would. but i cant find a way how to. if u go to www.alibaba.com and then type in crf50 in the website search, it should come up in the results. check it out guys. looks wicked.:cool: it would be sooo good to finally have a pitbike engine with a manual clutch, that is as reliable as a honda!!

it's been that way since the Z50 days! it's only the side cover you have to change!

but i neva seen it before. its lyk a pitbike engine, but a honda. the only thing 110cc honda i have seen is a posty motor

Yeh you can turn a honda motor into a manual 107cc with a case / stroker crank & 88cc bigbore kit. that's what they were doing for the Mini racers before KNOCKOFFS were invented. the engine would'nt be straight from honda.

i meant just without the expense. a complete manual 107cc motor that is japanese. yeah i know about the big bores and strokers with manual clutches, but thats heaps expensive. i just thought ide show everyone. lol im not gettin one. i already ordered a 75cc kit.

is the original bore on the 50cc engines to small to be bored to 88c? not enough meat in the bore is what im trying to ask

Wow good find, thats the honda NICE motor, These are a hot choice for bigger builds in the UK and US upto 141cc and they a very strong motor...

These are what the chinese copy'd and made the Lifan/Jailing/GPX motors from. But its the metals the chinese used that let there motors down. 500Euros aint too bad either, $850AUD but you'd have to buy quantity's.

is the original bore on the 50cc engines to small to be bored to 88c? not enough meat in the bore is what im trying to ask

they should be able to bore it. im not sure.

how do u know so much about this motor eichkay?

No a STD barrel will not go to 88cc (52mm) you need a 70cc barrell (47mm) and go from there or get a real 50 - 52mm barrell. & i'm not making it up i wholesale Motorcycle engine parts for a living!

i meant just without the expense. a complete manual 107cc motor that is japanese. /QUOTE]

i just looked at it and That motor isnt made in japan. it's made buy people that honda use to make there parts.

that means its just as good though doesnt it?

Yes, its what the serious guys in the UK use for there Monkey Bikes project use.. Very good motors , Its what i want for my CT70 but last time i saw them they were around $1200 US to buy

Sorry guy's i was not a happy chappy yesterday.

but yeh just as good if not the same motor! i here that 75% of a CRF50 comes from these NON japanese companyies.

but i found the best place for Honda engines or most parts is the Wreckers. IE: Perth M/C Wrk has every thing and good price too. that's were i got most of my spare engine from.

Last edited:
My Honda Z50a 1971

hey,
i got a z50a k2 (1971) its an australian type has blinkers, and can be regoed! , at the moment its being restored, and i hope to put a 75cc kitaco bore kit on it . Getting everything redone , i will be able to put some photos of my painted & my polished hubs , anyways if ne one has ne 1960 - 1970's z's post em up ;)

RedRocket.jpg

Last edited:
cool, paint the rims and get the frame done

hey bro nice z50 lookin snazzy!........i got a honda z50 to except a 73, everthin on it is original except the blinker cover and it starts 1st kick every .... i also hav a old honda minitrail but i dont no wat year it is, i hav mad a few modes on that like a 72cc oringinal honda engine.. really loud exhust and custom clamps... ther r good fun

Thats similar to my mates one.in the picture). It's neat as. It has a custom made big bore kit (103cc's with the standard stroke) and heaps of other goodies. It's registered and is heaps of fun on the road.

Attachments

• redz.jpg
    redz.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back