The NSW Police force.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logicquests

If in doubt......Get the grinder out!!
Reaction score
I didn't think I would be writing this, but after today I felt I had to.

I took my six yr old son to a place in Sydney today for his third ride of a petrol bike. It is not very well known and is pretty much a word of mouth type of thing. I am not sure whose land it is although I suspect it may be crown land. There is probably about 20 - 30 acres of tracks etc. with some smaller jumps and lots of different terrain.

We had two bikes with us, a 110cc and a 50cc. I was watching my son ride around and stopping him now and then to either encourage him or offer advice on how he could do something better.

In the distance I could hear some serious bikes. When we saw them they were both registered Yamaha 450's with fully decked out MX riders on them. They were having fun. As they passed I acknowledged them and got a nod from one and a wave from the other.

I was about to get back on the 110cc when an old man rode up on a pimped Postie bike. He asked if I had seen the bikes that had passed by, I told him I had. He was local and said they were the police and regularly drive around on the weekends. I asked if he thought we should get out of there and he told me we would be fine as long as we didn't go onto the surrounding public roads.

We rode together for a while longer and then I heard them again. We pulled over to let them past. The first officer gave us a big wave, the second officer waved to me, looked at my son, gave him a big thumbs up and then threw a huge wheelie whilst still giving him a thumbs up.

I had a bad experience with police earlier on in the week ( not a criminal matter ) and I am glad to have had a bit of balance restored.

So, if police do look over these forums, I would like to thank the two police officers who saw my son and I riding today. Instead of laying the law on the line and fining us they appreciated the fact that a dad was spending time with his son and let us get on with having harmless fun enjoying each others company and getting dusty.:thumbup:

Logic

Yeah there is a spot that sounds sort of like that where I am in Vic. No where near as big, just a business man got stuffed around buying land and after got told he couldn't put a factory on the land, now the place has been turned in to 4wd and pitbike heaven! It's really muddy and the owner always dumps dirt on there from jobs. It's heaps of fun and cops are fine it as long as we all stay off the road and be respectful!

There more total jerks for safety reason... like there pigs for us. lol

There was a place like this in Canberra. The cops were cool with it. One time they watched us ride and just said to clean up any rubbish and dont ride on the public roads. However weekend warriors who could not ride the track and jumps that we built decided to show everyone how fast they could go on public roads. This happened a few times and the place got shut down.

i reckon it's good to have land like that :)
there one in phillip island too
it gives people to spend time with family and have harmless fun
also gets a lot of ****heads off the roads

I have done a little bit of further research on the title of the land.

It is privately owned. Some of it is actually for sale at the moment as the area has been rezoned for urban development. That may put a bit of a dampner on things.

The land is not really all that expensive but I may be hard pressed to convince my partner it would be a good investment.

Logic

I didn't think I would be writing this, but after today I felt I had to.

I took my six yr old son to a place in Sydney today for his third ride of a petrol bike. It is not very well known and is pretty much a word of mouth type of thing. I am not sure whose land it is although I suspect it may be crown land. There is probably about 20 - 30 acres of tracks etc. with some smaller jumps and lots of different terrain.

We had two bikes with us, a 110cc and a 50cc. I was watching my son ride around and stopping him now and then to either encourage him or offer advice on how he could do something better.

In the distance I could hear some serious bikes. When we saw them they were both registered Yamaha 450's with fully decked out MX riders on them. They were having fun. As they passed I acknowledged them and got a nod from one and a wave from the other.

I was about to get back on the 110cc when an old man rode up on a pimped Postie bike. He asked if I had seen the bikes that had passed by, I told him I had. He was local and said they were the police and regularly drive around on the weekends. I asked if he thought we should get out of there and he told me we would be fine as long as we didn't go onto the surrounding public roads.

We rode together for a while longer and then I heard them again. We pulled over to let them past. The first officer gave us a big wave, the second officer waved to me, looked at my son, gave him a big thumbs up and then threw a huge wheelie whilst still giving him a thumbs up.

I had a bad experience with police earlier on in the week ( not a criminal matter ) and I am glad to have had a bit of balance restored.

So, if police do look over these forums, I would like to thank the two police officers who saw my son and I riding today. Instead of laying the law on the line and fining us they appreciated the fact that a dad was spending time with his son and let us get on with having harmless fun enjoying each others company and getting dusty.:thumbup:

Logic

cops riding road trail bikes are pretty laid back there nothing like city traffic cops

cops riding road trail bikes are pretty laid back there nothing like city traffic cops

to be a trail bike cop you have to be a highway patrol officer. When they are on trail bikes its overtime and not part of their daily roster

Maybe where your from, but up where me an Damon live they'll ping ya first chance they get.

That's dead right ... up in the Hunter there's NO chance of such fantasies ever happening ...

They send cops out into dense bush to hunt for people on bikes and even use choppers to pin point 'em ... They recently got someone on Stockton Beach using the chopper ...

That's dead right ... up in the Hunter there's NO chance of such fantasies ever happening ...

They send cops out into dense bush to hunt for people on bikes and even use choppers to pin point 'em ... They recently got someone on Stockton Beach using the chopper ...

why would they bother??

it would cost heaps to use a chopper just to pin point someone

why would they bother??

it would cost heaps to use a chopper just to pin point someone

I dont think they take the chopper up looking for just one person, like when they have the RBT, defect and speeding blitz's. They plan it then go and hit who ever they can.

Sending the chopper up looking for unrego'd/unlicensed riders would be the same thing.

I guess the main difference was my son and I being on private land.

I guess they don't really have any jurisdiction unless you leave the private land and head on to public roads or public lands.

I feel very fortunate we have this place so close, it is only about 20 minutes drive for me. This means I can take my son and daughter for a couple of hours of riding when they get home from school and they don't really feel like they have have spent the whole day at school.

Logic

Yes they do blitzes every so often ... the fines they collect are worth the enforcement expense ... One of the main reasons why they do it is people on bikes have been known to light bushfires , be tending to drug crops , stripping stolen cars they've dumped etc etc ... So their goal is to totally eradicate all unregistered bikes on crown land ... plus get brownie points down at the station for having the highest quota of busts ...

There are also quite a few 4WD's that I have seen driving through this area.

I am pretty sure the police wouldn't be really happy about some of the 4WD's going through here.

I am just hoping it doesn't get shut down due to some of the other behaviour you all have mentioned.

If it does, we will have to buy land and build a proper track. Once again, its just a matter of convincing the partner.

Logic

bugger im in south western sydney and there around a fair bit due to kids on dirt bikes in the streets

PM me and I will email a google maps ref. to you. It is a good place to ride.

Logic

PM me and I will email a google maps ref. to you. It is a good place to ride.

Logic

u can just PM me the suburb and i can google it or drop by there some time u can also ride at white rock (menai on heathcote rd ) just look for the big white rock over the last 16 years i have only seen cops do 1 bust there i think that was when the land changed hands they just cant stop people riding there the land is just so big they cant fence the lot they have tried many times and unsuccessful every time it use to be a proper motocross track back in the days it even still has a shed there but the 4WD's $*@% it up for everyone the track is !*#& house in spots because of the 4WD's

u can just PM me the suburb and i can google it or drop by there some time u can also ride at white rock (menai on heathcote rd ) just look for the big white rock over the last 16 years i have only seen cops do 1 bust there i think that was when the land changed hands they just cant stop people riding there the land is just so big they cant fence the lot they have tried many times and unsuccessful every time it use to be a proper motocross track back in the days it even still has a shed there but the 4WD's $*@% it up for everyone the track is !*#& house in spots because of the 4WD's

PM sent

Logic

Latest posts

Back