Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats not half bad though, does your camera focus on something not moving alright? The focus might just be a tad too slow for fast moving objects.

As for the noise, the only thing to do is lower the aperture, however this will reduce the depth of feild (make the background blury). Or lower the ISO but this in turn makes the exposure of your picture take longer, thus making the images blury from movement. Pick a nice bright sunny day and see how ya go then. Shouldn't be to hard to find living in the suuny state.

I'm pretty sure the focus is me not using a tripod and moving the camera just slightly when I push the button! :) I'm probably over thinking the whole proccess? I was trying to get a slight blur in the background but not too much and then when trying to use the same settings with a longer shot they would look terrible!
So I was constantly trying to adj the app and shutter speed to suit each shot! But all the numbers I had in mind to use for the shots like this one I had forgotten because it's not second nature to me yet? :confused-smiley-013:

The biggest problem was I got there late, and didn't give myself enough time to get setup or sorted, but looking through all the pics has given me some good ideas for placement next time. And I'm definitely buying a bloody tripod! Oh and I'm going to write down all the aperture n shutter speed numbers I want to try next time! Memory like a siv I swear!

Last edited:
Haha me too, I usually set the camera to aperture priority. Set the app and the camera does the rest. If I specifically want a longer shutter I go for tv (shutter priority). Good luck and have fun.

I get my camera, point at what I want to take a photo of and press the button.

Works every time. ;)

No need to thank me.

Finally got my tripods today! :)

Fingers crossed no more blurry photo's!

No unnecessary bending over with this!
Well almost! 1600mm to the view finder.

The little one was like $5 delivered. eBay mate! ;)

Big ones great! Pan n tilt, quick camera release 2 spirit levels also has a little handle on a gear to wind the camera up n down about 450mm.

Last edited:
Are hotshoe external flashes all made to fit in the same type of hotshoe?

I'm after an external flash, anything up to about $350 any suggestions?

Are hotshoe external flashes all made to fit in the same type of hotshoe?

I'm after an external flash, anything up to about $350 any suggestions?

Hi mate. Some have a different one but most share the same size. I would have a look at yongnuo flash guns. They have great ratings and they are cheap so you can thrash them lol. I have two of the manual ones but you can get the TTl ones also. They are good for the money.

Finally got to test out my new camera on the weekend. Can't believe the difference!! Still working out how to adjust things quicker on the fly but it's definitely an improvement on what I used to work with :)

They look great mate!

I've only got myself a learner camera ATM and I'm bloody struggling with the same thing! I think I just need to spend a day at the track just taking photos and getting my user mode settings dialed in.

What settings did you use on these? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Yeah I was just using the 'fast object' setting on the camera just to get use to the camera itself. Shutter speed was up at around 2000, which is usually something i couldn't run on my older camera, but it was extremely bright that day so it might of pulled it off. And i don't even know where to adjust the iso or where it was even displayed. So i still have a bit to learn.

I couldn't seem to find a setting where it would let my adjust it the way i want though, it had the base settings but they had limitations on how much i could change, so i think i will have to get out the manual and see if there is a customisable setting that will let me change the iso and shutter speed as much as i want :)

Oh and btw the camera I'm now using is a Nikon D3200 :)

Just a little bump...
Nice little accidental lens flare :)
DSC02285.JPG

Sorry mate in English that = what program do you use to edit your photo's. Not what kind of binoculars do you use to perv on the old lady next door! :captain:

Oi just noticed your new title, that's classic!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back