Tomy's CRF50 88 Limited Build...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy251

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Havent been on here for a fair while...went to Japan for 5 weeks over the Christmas Holidays :)...Meaning I havent got my 50 together yet hahaha.

Ive made this PROPER Thread about it so its easy to follow with what Im doing on it.

Anyways, heres a Pic of how I got it when I bought it:

DSCF9026-2.jpg

DSCF9030-3.jpg

With the List of Mods it came with:

-Takegawa Hyper-S Stage 88 Kit
-Takegawa Heavy Duty Auto Clutch
-Five O Podium Pipe
-Sik 50s (Billetware) Cradle Mount Frame
-Sik 50s +2 Swingarm
-BBR SP-5 Forks and Triple Clamps
-Ishock with Res
-Billetware Pegs
-Red Baron High Seat and Cover
-Sik 50s Graphics
-Sik 50s Engine Dress Up Kit
-Azonic BMX Bars
-Kitaco Brake Shoes and Cables
-Hand Rear Brake

How it was when I left for my Japan Trip:

DSCF5015.jpg

DSCF5016.jpg

With the Few Little Things I Added:

- Genuine 12" Marzocchi Front End
- New Pro Taper Tucker Rocky High Rise Bars
- New Pro Taper Diamond Grips
- Black FiveO Billet 1/4 Turn Throttle
- New Kitaco Throttle Cable
- Sik50s Old School Star Pegs

nice you thought about a manual clutch kit

^^ehh its a 88limeted mate!, nice build tommy didnt you get a t-4 for it?

Anyways before the Christmas Holiday, Ive bought a SM Pro Rear Rim with Stock Hub and Stainless Heavy Duty Spokes, bought a Genuine Elka Shock, Sold my Plastics and bought New Plastics/Graphics, got rid of the Stock Pegmount and bought a Two Brothers Heavy Duty Nickel Finish Pegmount (Thanks Heaps to 50 nut), sold a few other things like the HONDA Ignition Cover, Pro Taper Grips, Fuel Cap and Dipstick, swapped my FiveO Podium Pipe with a Pro Circuit T-4 Pipe (Thanks Heaps to mini mullisha) AND

Finally got EVERYTHING I first wanted which is Sweet!

All Fresh Parts are now sitting here ready to Bolt Up so Im getting out there from Tomorrow DETERMINED to be RIDING it this Weekend!haha

Waiting on a Polishing Kit to arrive this week to clean up a few things so its ALL coming along...FINALLY!

Anyways, Thanks for checking it out!

Ill have some NEW Pics up during this Week, looks MUCH NICER already haha.

Cheers,
Tomy

looks good tommy, nice suspension set-up, u racing it this year ? good luck with it

nice you thought about a manual clutch kit

haha na mate.

Wanting to give "88 Limited" Racing a go...meaning NO Manual Clutch Kit's allowed...plus wouldnt ever really think about buying one for a CRF50.

^^ehh its a 88limeted mate!, nice build tommy didnt you get a t-4 for it?

Haha Cheers! Yeah Ive got the Pro Circuit T-4 on it now!

nice tommy cant wait for the new pics

Thanks Saga, Ill get New Pics as soon as I start putting it all back together!

looks good tommy, nice suspension set-up, u racing it this year ? good luck with it

Thanks mate.

Yeah havent ridden with the New Suspension Set-Up yet ha but Im sure it will be Sweet!

Yep, well my Idea of this MAKEOVER was really to get it better set-up for my liking AND to get it ready for This Year's Racing haha. CANT WAIT to get out there :)

Cheers

tommy get some pics up mate keen to check it out. il hopefully have a rollin chassis soon for new build cant wait haha. anyway post some up when you get them hows the elka i still havent got mine rebuilt , im using a mates float , its heaps comfy ahah

nice work tommy will feel like a whole new bike nearly,hav ya ran it with the other pipe yet?

Thanks Bretto! Yep I cant wait. Na I havent with the T-4 yet...Ill get it running this week after I get the damb clutch cover back on it :) Should be Sweet though, love the Beefy look of the T-4.

tommy get some pics up mate keen to check it out. il hopefully have a rollin chassis soon for new build cant wait haha. anyway post some up when you get them hows the elka i still havent got mine rebuilt , im using a mates float , its heaps comfy ahah

Ha sure will! Yeah a MIDSIZE Build would be Sweet, especially with you building it.

Havent tried the Elka yet but Im sure it will be nice, ahh yeah that sucks but good to hear you got a Float in it! Air Shock would be nice as ha.

Cheers guys

Yeah. Still getting elks rebuilt but trying float till I get some $$$ haha

Nice Job tommy!!!

im keen to see some completed pics of this beast and then some of you hitting your ramp once its done...

by the way are you gonna be at the race at lakes, 20th march?

Yeah. Still getting elks rebuilt but trying float till I get some $$$ haha

Yeah thats Sweet! Good to have a mate who will let you use their Float hey. Money always Sucks haha

Nice Job tommy!!!

im keen to see some completed pics of this beast and then some of you hitting your ramp once its done...

by the way are you gonna be at the race at lakes, 20th march?

Cheers mate! Haha Completed Pics soon to come but having trouble getting a Downramp sorted :( Ill try my best to get it set-up ASAP though.

Yep for sure Im going! CANT WAIT...Better get Practising though ha.

Your going of course on your X4R :)?

Yeah thats Sweet! Good to have a mate who will let you use their Float hey. Money always Sucks haha

Cheers mate! Haha Completed Pics soon to come but having trouble getting a Downramp sorted :( Ill try my best to get it set-up ASAP though.

Yep for sure Im going! CANT WAIT...Better get Practising though ha.

Your going of course on your X4R :)?

try contacting some pool companies about getting some dirt delivered or just check out local ads for free fill

you bet ya i will be there and yes on the x4r

should be interesting this track ive heard its a bit of challenge compared to kurri and gwando (big tabos and i think a tripple or some big doubles)

try contacting some pool companies about getting some dirt delivered or just check out local ads for free fill

you bet ya i will be there and yes on the x4r

should be interesting this track ive heard its a bit of challenge compared to kurri and gwando (big tabos and i think a tripple or some big doubles)

Yeah will do!

Nice, oh really. Would be good to check out a Few Pics of the Track...yeah sounds interesting! Should be Sweet then

FINALLY Finished up my Polishing on the Clutch Cover and a few other little bits. Picking up a Gasket for the Clucth Cover tomorrow along with a some new nuts/bolts.

AIMING to have a COMPLETE BIKE tomorrow hahaha. Ill get a Pic up once I do!

Haha didnt end up taking any Pics today because its still not TOGETHER! Getting the Clutch Cover on was giving me the S***s but eventually got it on. Still got the Plastics, Pipe and a few other little things to put on.

Gotta get up early tomorrow morning to get the damb thing together because Im moving it up to Newcastle in the Morning :)

Ill Put some Up for you guys then!

Latest posts

Back