Tuned Thumpstar TS-E 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyG

Reaction score
Hi all,

I own a Thumpstar TS-E 125cc pit bike and am looking to upgrade parts on it (eg, rear shock, air filter, carby, throttle & clutch assembly). I know very little about bikes, (hence me buying a Thumpstar), and have noticed that many of the parts are labelled with CRF50, CRF70, TTR110 etc. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which parts would be compatible to my TS-E Thumpstar.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Benny

Welcome to Miniriders,
Dont forget to drop in and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too

does it look like this ?
if so it uses CRF50 plastics

$_20.JPG

the engine looks like a Lifan 125

It does indeed look like that. Really appreciate the info man! I'll look for anything CRF50 then. :)

Benny

With buying a new shock, you will have to measure yours, not just buy a crf 50 upgrade, as the crf 50 uses a a style swing arm, not the h style your bike uses. Dnm shock would be a solid upgrade imo. Depending on your riding style you could opt for a 24mm oko, or the 26mm mikuni. The oko will give you more top end punch, but the power will be almost light switchy if you get my analogy lol. The mikuni would be better suited to trail riding with a broader spread of power. Grab a green uni filter if you can, as the red ones seem to let a fair bit of grit through compared to the green ones. If you want to upgrade your coil and spark lead, a twenty dollar split fire lead and 35 dollar ngk coil are a great combo, will help with starting your bike. Sorry I cant link you up, im hopeless on a touch screen tablet and our computer has crapped it's self.

Last edited:
Thank you so much brother, really appreciate your advice/council. Sounds like you're clued on, I'll suss out your recommendations!

One more thing mate, I'm looking to upgrade my forks and brake pedal. I took her for a spin yesterday on a pitted bumpy trail and the forks aren't as bouncy and responsive as I'd like them to be. Very average really, well I guess that's to be expected with stock generic china parts. Any recommendations? Also, my back brake pedal is one of those bendy thin ****ty things that warps at every opportunity, do you know where I could source a decent compatible one?
Any advice would be majorly appreciated.

Benny

You could try fresh fork oil, may help your stock forks feel a little better, or get the gpx black label fork kit. 400 dollars roughly, but they are a great fork for the cash. One of the cnc brake levers from ebay should fit, but its hard to be sure without measurements. They are around 40 bucks, and a brake snake will stop it bending.

Much appreciated mate! You're a wealth of knowledge.

Latest posts

Back