Uncle Thump's "Desert-mini" Build... :D

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so did anyone find out if they are going to be listing anymore of these??? I am really really keen aswell. I think it would be a great bike for my wife as it is larger/longer and would be alot more stable than her atomik link 250cc which is an animal to ride and very very unpredictable.

Not sure mate, i dont know if anyone messaged Cobb & Co. Think this is gonna be a popular lil bike for my missus as well. She has an Xmoto31 which is real tall, and is literally a full size bike... this one bridges the gap between full size and pittie, so it fills a niche real well... hopefully Cobb & Co bring a few more in..

I saw them back on ebay last week but i couldn't find any links because ebays playin up today...
Keep your eye out on ebay, they'll be back on there soon

cool, thanks so THUMP140 what i the rough seat height??? and does it have a similar seat to the blitz/mikilon??? as in the LINK 250 i bought for her is really tall in the rear and the seat is about 2.5inch's wide which makes it uncomfortable on our longer trailrides. mind you it has reall balls though being a 250cc loncin genII aircooled motor and only having the 17" and 14" wheels but it is definetely very unstable and she has trouble throwing her leg over cause the rear of the seat and rear guard is quite high, very similar height to my mikilon! I'll keep an eye on ebay

vee8ss the rough seat height is exactly 860mm... ;) so it's a good deal shorter than a Blitz... The miniblitz is about the same size as a CRF150R... or an 85cc mxer... the long wheelbase makes it stable to ride, and whilst the 125 wont touch a link for straightline performance, the 150 version will be a bit quicker...
Only problem i can see with this model bike, is availability of plastics...
If you wanna have a look through the thread below, it might give you a better idea of what the bike is like...
I'm taking it out to the ride day next weekend, so i'll have a performance review for it then...
Theres a few pics in the review thread of the bike next to the blitz, so that will give you some idea of the size of the thing...
as for the seat, it's a bit on the hard side, but it's huge, runs a long way up the tank, and a long way down the back guard... so yeah, it's pretty comfy. :)
http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-reviews/25352-2009-mikilon-d8-125-aka-miniblitz.html

they ran out of stock and wont have any more untill after christmas :mad:

mabie i should go for a prox bigfoot? would that be the same size because the prox is fairly long??????

Qwerty... i found a bike shop just down the road from my house... never knew they were there... anyways, they sell the 150 version, slightly different to mine... bit more bling in the way of levers etc, and the motor appears to be a weird YX150/GPX copy, without a removable oil filter... i cant really tell what bottom end they are using, doesnt look familiar...
They do ship, i believe, but they are a bit more expensive, being a proper "Mikilon" dealer...
They tell me they can also source ALL the parts for this bike, including plastics... i've ordered some back up stuff already...
Price is around $1600 for the 150 model...
I'll tell you on monday if i think the 150 would be worth $1600....

not a great deal at the moment... rode the bike at the ride day with the 21mm OKO flatty fitted to the 125... posted the results in the actual Bike review (Mikilon D8-125 review)
Current cash flow seems to be the biggest problem at present... Too many bills coming in January, not enough cash to splurge on vital items such as Lifan 150's etc etc.. :(
Sadly my shed time these hols have been thus far spent welding in new shock mounts onto the Blitz, and dry-assembling the Thumpy...
Stay tuned, once the January lot of bills are out of the way, the 150, engine mods and YZ85 front end, and rear shock upgrades are on their way. :)

bike wreckers... still yet to pick it up, so i'm keeping which one a secret for now... ;)

Good news guys to anyone looking at buying one.
I just called Cob and Co and spoke to the guy, he said they'll be arriving in 3 weeks.
I asked for pricing and he said he wasnt sure they will most likley be priced the same.
Definatly giving it a think...its exactly what i am after but its just cash at the moment that is the problem.

quick update on the MiniBlitz... SPent the day punting it around Pt Gawler... The only thing i've now done to it is fit Fatbars, ASV levers and a 26mm OKO flatslide...
The two boys on the Pitpro 140 bigfoots got their asses handed to them DIDNT THEY SNEEZY AND SCOTTY... he he he... The wheelbase and brakes on these things are phenomenal... the stock suspension is far more compliant than the stuff fitted to the pitpros, and the brakes are in a word, Brutal... this thing stops on a five cent coin, and do awesome nose wheelies!!! I figure if this thing will run with 140's in a straight line with nothing but an OKO26, then it is going to be a nasty little vegemite indeed once the new motor goes in... watch this space.....

oh and AtomikBoy, these things are about the same size as an 85cc jap mxer...

Latest posts

Back