Valve Clearence

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny_Boi85

Reaction score
Hi all sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place or if there is a post that I couldn't find with this info im after but im looking for what my valve clearence should be in my Mid size 150cc Atomik Nitrous. I Emailed atomik awhile back asking for the clearence and they said 0.003 and 0.007 so I set it to that a a few months down the track my bike has been playing up and thought I may aswell check them again but couldn't find the email so I wrote to them again and they said 0.008 and 0.012 which are different to the first time. ive got the head off my bike at the moment and getting the seals checked while its off. any help would be much appreciated thank you

set the valve clearances to .003" (.08mm) for the inlet, and .004" (.1mm) for the exhaust

make sure you line up the timing marks when you reassemble it too
the marking on the cam gear lines up with the marking in the head at 9 o'clock,
and the T marking on the flywheel lines up with a mark in the case at 12 o'clock

thanks mate I will do that. its all a big learning curve for me but it all seem straight forward once u wrap you head around small motors.

Latest posts

Back