VCM 2014 Series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what i have heard mate. You can get away with a one day pass. Well thats what I got told by one of the club guys.

yeah i cant race now

i've been kindly advised that it would not be good for the health of my back. i have a displaced disc or some crap.

yeah i cant race now

i've been kindly advised that it would not be good for the health of my back. i have a displaced disc or some crap.

Ahh bugger man, you love Traralgon too. Heal up for Paky round. :thumbup:

Yeah kosta not happy
Iwas looking forward to riding a new layout there to

Ough well i get to be a drunken spectator again :)

do i really have to join a club? .... can i fill out the form and leave out the club name and stuff?
Just leave it blank and join east malvern club on the day apparently its $30 for a years membership so then you will be alright for the whole year

Or its about $15 for a day licence

Don't forget daylight savings ends.

Turn ya clocks back an hour before you go to bed Saturday night.

How did it all go???

I finished work at 4:30am on Sunday morning. Was knackered.

I Have one thing to say. I really do not like really muddy sand tracks. :( Think i came 8th in B grade.

I Have one thing to say. I really do not like really muddy sand tracks. :( Think i came 8th in B grade.

blame it on the track not the rider :p
nah man.... sand is not fun....
BTW unsure if you remember when we had the ride day, but we were talking about tb making a high comp 64mm piston with a longer skirt.... well... they do.....

I remember last year that very top section (3-2 corners from the end) was real sandy and whoopy by the end of the day. Good times :) How many made the grid?

The whole track was like really soft mud. I also had the wrong tyres on my bike so that would have played a big part.

The top section was a pain. I fell off up there too luckily it was so soft haha

11 made the grid.

Anyone got some results of the day?

A Grade 1st #32 Jack Hilli
2nd #83 Me (Kosta)
3rd #420 Chris Bedford

B Grade 1st #51 James Cini
2nd #521 Shane ?
3rd #63 Chase Collins

I'll try and do a race report tonight, let ya's know how it all went down. :)

Ahh sweet Chris got 3rd!! Awesome effort.

That would be awesome Kosta.

Cheers.

Traralgon VCM round 1 Race Report

Well the 2014 VCM series is underway. With some new faces and title contenders joining some of us seasoned ( old :) ) racers. There was also some trick looking bikes from the Buzz Bikes crew thanks to some creative graphics and powder coated frames.

The track had changed a little since last year. The start gate is now over where the parking lot used to be and they've thrown in some new, tighter corners. The changes have slowed the pace a little, but I mostly miss the big, long start straight.
There were a few wet spots but most of it was typical Traralgon soft sand.

Anyhow, onto the racing.

A Grade. Sponsored by Ciniworx.

All four moto's were holeshot and won by 16yo, #32 Jack "The Kid" Hilli. He was flawless and simply checked out. I tried to keep him honest, but was never able to reel him in. Definitely the favorite for the A grade title I reckon.

I finished 2nd overall with 2-2-3-2 scores. Dropped it and stalled it in the 2nd moto, but got it going again to hang on to 2nd place. Had an issue with the clutch in the 3rd moto and had to ride my stock praccy bike and managed a third. The last moto was epic, with #420 Chris Bedford, no more than a bike length behind me the whole race. I had a pretty good stitch going on over the finish line. :11doh: (bloody kids)

#420 Chris Bedford took out 3rd overall, showing some impressive speed on a pretty tough track. Chris had bike problems one race with the spark plug lead popping off a couple of times mid moto, but still managed to finish 3rd. Well done.

B Grade. Sponsored by Miniriders.com

There was 11 of us on the gate and last years 3rd place B Grader, #51 James Cini was solid all day with 5th in each moto to take 1st overall in B Grade.

Two new faces in B Grade, #521 Shane Dixon and #20 Chase Collins took out 2nd and 3rd overall respectively. From speaking to them afterwards, they had an absolute ball out there racing and banging bars.

There was talk earlier in the day that #160, Roy Evans was going land on the B Grade podium and crash the Miniriders.com and Facebook servers with congratulatory traffic, but it wasn't to be.
Roy suffered a DNF in the 3rd moto with a rare clutch failure, where the fibers actually de-laminated off the metal clutch plates. Thankfully, Jack donated his backup bike to Roy for the last race and salvaged some valuable points. Next round Royza, I'm sure you'll crash the servers. :grinning-smiley-003

Well that's pretty much it for round 1, was great to see some new faces out there racing .
Round 2 at Pakenham has been postponed so it looks like were off to Undera, near Shepparton for round 3 on June 22nd.

See ya's there, #83 Kosta.

Latest posts

Back