VCM 2014 Series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. :)
Track looks sweet in photos :). Liking the race report too

hey guys, been flat out since sunday but here's kosta's review

VCM - Ciniworx Victorian Mini Series

VCM ROUND 1 RACE REPORT

Well the 2014 VCM series is underway. With some new faces and title contenders joining some of us seasoned ( old ) racers. There was also some trick looking bikes from the Buzz Bikes crew thanks to some creative graphics and powder coated frames.

The track had changed a little since last year. The start gate is now over where the parking lot used to be and they've thrown in some new, tighter corners. The changes have slowed the pace a little, but I mostly miss the big, long start straight.
There were a few wet spots but most of it was typical Traralgon soft sand.

Anyhow, onto the racing.

A Grade. Sponsored by Ciniworx.

All four moto's were holeshot and won by 16yo, #32 Jack "The Kid" Hilli. He was flawless and simply checked out. I tried to keep him honest, but was never able to reel him in. Definitely the favorite for the A grade title I reckon.

I finished 2nd overall with 2-2-3-2 scores. Dropped it and stalled it in the 2nd moto, but got it going again to hang on to 2nd place. Had an issue with the clutch in the 3rd moto and had to ride my stock praccy bike and managed a third. The last moto was epic, with #420 Chris Bedford, no more than a bike length behind me the whole race. I had a pretty good stitch going on over the finish line. (bloody kids :))

#420 Chris Bedford took out 3rd overall, showing some impressive speed on a pretty tough track. Chris had bike problems one race with the spark plug lead popping off a couple of times mid moto, but still managed to finish 3rd. Well done.

B Grade. Sponsored by Miniriders.com

There was 11 of us on the gate and last years 3rd place B Grader, #51 James Cini was solid all day with 5th in each moto to take 1st overall in B Grade.

Two new faces in B Grade, #521 Shane Dixon and #20 Chase Collins took out 2nd and 3rd overall respectively. From speaking to them afterwards, they had an absolute ball out there racing and banging bars.

There was talk earlier in the day that #160, Roy Evans was going land on the B Grade podium and crash the Miniriders.com and Facebook servers with congratulatory traffic, but it wasn't to be.
Roy suffered a DNF in the 3rd moto with a rare clutch failure, where the fibers actually de-laminated off the metal clutch plates. Thankfully, Jack donated his backup bike to Roy for the last race and salvaged some valuable points. Next round Royza, I'm sure you'll crash the servers.

Well that's pretty much it for round 1, was great to see some new faces out there racing .
Round 2 at Pakenham has been postponed so it looks like were off to Undera, near Shepparton for round 3 on June 22nd.

See ya's there, #83 Kosta.

Here's me giving it a crack before my bike shat itself ;) gotta get my fitness up aswell as grow a pare lol

[video=youtube_share;ETGHEYOZFGw]http://youtu.be/ETGHEYOZFGw[/video]

Yeah Timbob actually got around ok this time round , was feeling pretty good for the 1st and 2nd moto n the third I was like 5th for the first few corners until my bike went crazy.. Had issues with my throttle and every corner I tried to turn I was wide open under brakes with no way to control or stop it ... Was hairy stuff but I wasn't giving up .. Threw me over the bars. , I swore .. Got back on and tried again .. With half a lap left to go it got worse and had a major high side but I still wasn't giving up I wanted to finish n not dnf but my bike had other plans .. Was really pissed because I'd never been in the podium points ever and it killed my chances , the 4th moto was no better , riding Jack 's spare bike ( which was awesome of him to offer) I wasn't feeling it n didn't do well at all.. I basically got 22 points for 2 of the. 4 motos , in the end. 3rd place B grade ended up with 33 points so if I had done as well in the last two motos as I had in the first two I reckon I would have got 3rd or even 2nd in B grade for the day !! Was pretty disappointed but that's racing I spose .. Just mskes me more determined for next round !! Was still a great day with a great bunch of people

Sweet writeup.

Thanks Kosta.

Fingers crossed for next time Roy on the podium!!!!!!!!! yyyeeewww

7e9avu2u.jpg

eqy7a8up.jpg

pa3etase.jpg

The bikes all look wicked as Roy.

Must be happy with that.

Guessing your all riding for buzz now then?

Looks like I will need to find another rider. I reckon old mate on the YZ that came away with us is starting to get keen. Been on his back a while. He will go alright.

Will be in the shop in the next couple of weeks to get the LXR tuned for next round.

Thats neat! As :) Buzz bike race team setup :coolthumb:

Yeah nick we all flying the buzz flag just trying to get some exposure for Greg , he's supported and helped us in the last year or so n we all spend countless hours at the shop helping each other out . It was his idea to go full blown n it's a great lil unit we got so it was a group decision to go that way , no hard feelings I hope bro we all still Miniriders at heart ;)

No hard feelings at all mate. Quite the opposite. Pumped Greggo has gone all out with it.

Anyone that supports the scene as much as him is a winner in my books. :)

VCM round 3 Undera 22nd June

Hey guys, next race is just over 3 weeks away on the red dirt at Undera, near Shepparton.

We can now do our race entries online and pay with Paypal or credit card. So much easier!! Here's the instructions. Online Entry Now Available! | Victorian Classic Motocross

See ya's on the start gate. :grinning-smiley-003

Yeeww. Can't wait.

Finally got a bit of practice on weekend and love finally having a bike that doesn't bog like crap. So happy.

Thanks again Kosta for the work on the bike and letting me ride your sweet as track. Helped a lot just watching fast guys get around it. I learnt a lot. Practice practice for me and look forward to giving it a crack at Undera. :)

Undera 22nd June

Not long now gents. Get ya entries in.

Guys

Need to get your pre entries in and done asap

at this stage they dont have the pre entry numbers to go ahead with the day
dont worry they should be ok as they get the entries in over the next week

at least get the fast 50's group a good showing

Latest posts

Back