VIC Riding Spots

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a little bit of area underneat the EJ witten bridge (not sure if thats how it spelt). The Western Ring road goes over a big gully between Sunshine Ave EXIT and Keilor Park Drv. Im pretty sure its crown land under there. Have heard a few stories of cops etc being down there on Sundays and Mondays. But quite good there, some great hills, lots of mud, few river crossings about 300mm deep with rock under.

east keilor/Sunshine VIC - Google Maps

Hi guys, im new to the forum and new to melbourne(been here about a year and a half) also, I live around the fitzroy area in melb and was wondering what decent riding spots there are within a couple hours drive? or if theres any likeminded people out there keen to go out on a mish or something, or show me around?

cheers

pete

gday pete.... firstly welcome to miniriders

there is a few public tracks around melbourne and some members are trying to organise regular ride days to catch up and hit the tracks next one is http://www.miniriders.com.au/riding-spots-events/28096-27-6-parwan-ride-day-take-2-a.html

a list of tracks around melb http://www.miniriders.com.au/riding-spots-events/20411-tracks-victoria.html and contact details...

the guys at ciniworx have been organising ride days down at wonthaggi MX track hosts gippsland nationals and is an awesome full size mx track, done thru DMCC (dandenong motorcycle club) so memberships apply and is an MA affiliated club. you can email ciniworx on their website to be included on the mailing list for upcoming events and practice days.

just missed the redlightride down in boolarra weekend just gone, was a great event with video to be released with one of the bike mags cant remember which one... and video also on their website www.redlightride.com.au its a yearly event and would be great to pump the number of Miniriders for next years event.

Hi guys, im new to the forum and new to melbourne(been here about a year and a half) also, I live around the fitzroy area in melb and was wondering what decent riding spots there are within a couple hours drive? or if theres any likeminded people out there keen to go out on a mish or something, or show me around?

cheers

pete

broadmeadows mx park is about 30 minutes away from fitzroy i go there almost every week end
theres on in frankston but i reckon broadys better

Hey anyone really, just seeing if anyone knows of a farm near neerim that has an open motocross track and enduro loop for the public. I was in neerim about two months ago and some guy told me that he has a farm with a motox track with table tops and a enduro loop that you can pay to use. I lost the info he gave me and just seeing if anyone knows the where abouts of this place and wots it's like?

for the last few weeks my mates and i have been riding up at rubicon near eildon,****in mad tracks out there.

im in warrandyte... anyone know of places nearby that are legal to ride.. i dont want a track like broady.. just some open land with a few lumpy areas etc... ... :)

yea.. or someone i dont know yet.. and they are happy for a lil braaaap to cruise their paddock :)

i have found 1 place bout 10 mins from me which isnt legal riding, but its pretty safe...

Hey I'm from central Melbourne parahn southyarra around that area I'm new tO the scene and was wondering were the closest / best track thanks

If you're after somewhere good to ride, around suburbs and stuff (though you shouldn't but who's gonna stop you if you really want to)

Usually you will find small tracks along behind sound barriers of freeways, sometimes every km or so they will have a big open reserve, check out behind lots of trees and over hills because a lot of people build little jumps and tracks and berms for BMX and pit bikes, also have a look along train lines in the further out suburbs.

Get on Google Maps and have a look around your area for big parks, reserves, bike and walking tracks, usually they are tarmac or that loose gravel but people make shortcuts across big bends through bushy sections where you can ride without seeing too many people.

I sometimes go down to the Koonung trail which runs along the eastern freeway/eastlink from mitcham following a man made drainage creek (koonung creek) which flows all the way down into the Yarra, if you follow the trail for long enough you reach the main Yarra trail which can take you right into the city to Southbank. There was one awesome track for minis with about 3 or 4 doubles, a tabletop and some nice berms, they pulled the jumps down a little while ago, it's an awesome spot because it's right next to the freeway and the closest houses are about 150m across a field and some trees so the sound of the bike filters out with the freeway noise.

Last edited:
any one going for a ride on the weekend around geelong?

Anyone know of any spots around frankston or a hour n half so away from franga? Bit over the frankston mx track. Ive ridden my crf450R in that quarry joint in langwarrin but the cops came there twice in the same day... Too much hiding in the bushes ahahah. Want sum where to ride the pitty other than the streets?

frankston mx pics

here are some photos of frankston's pitbike track

Attachments

• Copy of P1010046.JPG
    Copy of P1010046.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 35
hey ppl, my wife just got me a tdr 125 for my bday and was just wondering were there are some places to ride it. obviously cant get rec reg on it and i dont want to cop fines. also are these bikes suitable for track riding? thanks

Tracks there is frankston mx track in seaford. Parwan mx track in baccuhs marsh and broad meadows mx track on mahoneys road. you can get rec reg on a pit bike too btw.

thanks for the info. so i take it my bike is suitable for these tracks?? jumps and so on?? when there are organised rides is it on crown land or private land? i would be interested in going to one of these events!!

there is a ride day at frankston this coming sunday may 8th 10am till 5pm yeah your bike would be fine. frankston aint to harsh on the bikes

Latest posts

Back