Z160HO installing into 125 frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordoo

Reaction score
Hey I'm thinking of buying the Z160HO from eBay but im a bit worried about installation and if it will go straight in.

Would I need to buy a different clutch cable and carby

This is the motor that's in atm 156fm1.

Can you see any problems I could possibly have.

is the old engine a 1P56FMI ?
if so the new one will bolt in, and it will need a new clutch cable with a longer pull
you might be able to get away with your old carby though.

dont forget to drop in and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here.

cheers, craig

The engine number is 156fm1, Is that the Same mounts as the z160ho

like this 156FMI ?

images

Hey I'm thinking of buying the Z160HO from eBay but im a bit worried about installation and if it will go straight in.

Would I need to buy a different clutch cable and carby

This is the motor that's in atm 156fm1.

Can you see any problems I could possibly have.
You will probably need a intake manifold, carb (to get the best performance),
Exhaust may fit but i doubt it..
The cabling should be okay, if not im not sure if the stators are interchangeable
Assuming your coming from a lifan 125.

So new to mini riders don't even know how to upload pics lol. And no my67xr like a lifan 125

Check out some of my build threads. I took a z160 out of a pitpro and put it into a foxico perimeter frame. You will most probably need a new manifold and exhaust for the different style of head on the 160 however!

Yeah the 156fmi compared to 1p56fmi is basically a copy of a genuine lifan motor, these motor can at times have odd sized pistons and usually always have cheaper made casings with some strengthening points in the cases non existent resulting in a weaker engine structure, you can buy the really cheap atvs and bikes and normally you will see the engine code as 152fmi as apposed to a lifan 110 1p52fmi same as 154fmi compared to a lifan 1p52fmi, this is why these products can be sold dirt cheap as they are nasty lil engines at times.

If the engine is going into a genuine thumpstar than id be checking the fork travel and doing some measurements to make sure the head on the engine will not connect the front tyre of compression, but if it by chance is the NEW tdr full china so called genuine thumpstar then they have the common pitpro, atomic and so on frame setup and this engine will bolt straight in without any measurements on fork compression.

If you do you will love the 160ho as they rip hard for a stock motor and love limiter bashing.

if you have a look through my build thread bellow i have done a very similar thing, 160ho into a motovert 125 frame. i did have to buy a manifold to allow clearance between carb, frame and tank, but besides that all i had to do was get a new exhaust to match the 160ho's klx exhaust port. with the 26mm oko on it, the bike goes very nicely, back wheel in 4th no worries ;)

Latest posts

Back