ZONGSHEN 175cc Engine problemes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realmenride50s

Reaction score
i just got a ZONGSHEN 175cc Engine ride it about 2 hours and its now jumping in 2nd gear wen u accelorate it jumps like something is not rite could it be a tooth missing wat should i do thanks adam

Throttle cable not on too tight? No sticking of the slide?

take the magneto cover off and just above the front sprocket to the left there is a rubber gromet pry that out with a flat screwdriver and make sure the bolt behind is tight

I'da guessed with Rach, but if you're certain you can exclude that...

Non-HO Zonger base? Does it also, when pushed in neutral, leaned one way or the other, try to grab a gear some times?

Yep, check both ends of the shift drum next. I'm gonna venture they're both snug.
Next, while both ends are available, put it in neutral and push the drum back and forth. More than a tiny bit of end play and it's the probable culprit. You can modify a washer for the left end to have a recess to slide over the end of the shift drum stub, source a thin shim to go around the stub and be held in by the regular washer, or correctly,,, split the cases and remove material from the end of the stub to give minimum end play. While in there, make sure the gear dogs and slots that have been skipping apart aren't too badly damaged. Gears are cheap enough. Shim the ends of the shafts if needed, to give minimum end play. Staggering shims to increase the engagement on the 2nd gear helps.

i had the same prob with the same engine but it took a lot longer than 2 hours
by memory it was a bent gear selector

yep iv heard of a few of these engines doing this now...
as GDFP has said, shimming and checking everything will sort it, but dont ride it till its fixed as you will toast the gear dogs from it jumping (if you havent already)

also is this engine still under warranty??? if so then go that way!!

Latest posts

Back