zongshen 175cc install :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coolie I just don't get, OKO flattys are easy as piss to tune.... your experience must of been with a dodgy unit, I've found you can get em to run great with all sorts of jetting, and I took one off my stock 140 straight onto my 160 and it runs fine without even touching it, needs some minor tweekage but it's perfectly rideable

my last oko purchased straight from ken (dhz) it was a bolt on job only had to lean the mixture setting half turn and that was it...

i dont think it gets any easie than that

coolie writes:-

i can send you a box of about 15 28mm oko carbs that are completely useless

but will see how i go

regardless i'm mega happy with the performance of the motor it's substantially more powerful than the yx160 and the 155z there's no labor in this thing and at times you can get away with a gear high in some turns i'm a pretty happy camper.

six plate clutch is light as and reacts well as for reliability the gear change on these zonga's both 155 and these are very smooth and as long as your accurate with ya changes i cant see them being an issue

i'll get some vids up tomorrow sometime for now it's beer o'clock

coolie writes:-

i can send you a box of about 15 28mm oko carbs that are completely useless

but will see how i go

regardless i'm mega happy with the performance of the motor it's substantially more powerful than the yx160 and the 155z there's no labor in this thing and at times you can get away with a gear high in some turns i'm a pretty happy camper.

six plate clutch is light as and reacts well as for reliability the gear change on these zonga's both 155 and these are very smooth and as long as your accurate with ya changes i cant see them being an issue

i'll get some vids up tomorrow sometime for now it's beer o'clock

ill take you up one of those 28mm carbys :D

my experience is with 26mm flattys, I hear 28mm's are a biatch to tune... but with the 175cc it might flow a bit better down low.
but cactus makes a good point for a heavy bloke a smaller carby might suit you better, if you're going a PWK make it a 26mm and see how easy they are to tune and you won't lose any bottom end response

so i through a 36 pilot in the mulkt today and it got rid of the babble but it has a pretty rough idle now but i'll have a tinker with the needle and see if that fixes it let ya's know

doin some vids up now

Hi mate that beast should hual your ass no worries.

I hope that thing brings you lots of joy mate. Does it have the same tranny as the Z55 or is it same ratio's as YX160 which are a bit taller than the Z's.
Ride on man.

Coolee if you wanna try an OKO28, throw a 42-46 pilot in it, and a 102-104 main... JJH needle..
Should see you right..
The 28 can be tricky to tune off idle, but if you get it right, they're brutal. :)

hey nice bike...
can you get a bit more detailed pics on how you mounted the oil cooler?
thanks!
=)

Coolee, once you've sorted the Molkt on this puppy, be a man, throw an OKO on it... would be very interested to hear how it goes with a tuned 28mm flatty... go on, you know you wanna.... think of the paddle tyres mate, think of the paddle tyres... :D

ha ha ha, how bout I-Thump?? is he flying the flag for the little bloke, or is he a fat ass like the rest of us..
ps: yes, the weight of moderators is relevant to this thread, as it is a clear indicator of the pulling power of the 176Zonger motor. Not off-topic. Honest...

Hahaha Im no little bloke but Im not the biggest either. I weigh in at about 87kgs give or take and Im about 6 ft tall so I wouldnt exactly say Im fat, but over the past year or so I have developed a bit of a beer gut that I heavily invested in over the years so I guess the dividends are now paying off :D

As for the frame on coolies bike he has proved it to be a very strong frame. There were some mixed comments on the frame in a thread I posted a couple years ago but obviously the frame has done its job well by hauling coolie around the tracks for the last 18 months or whatever without any signs of weakness http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/16948-cnc-alloy-web-frame.html#post160764

ok here's the vid from last weekend

mine sounds like shat but you get the idea then the other bike i put together is the white big wheel cheater bike

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAK4zXmEVKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAK4zXmEVKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sounds like its got a bit of a bog down low..... a big enough bog to anoy me.. but dosent seem to bother you

other than that great vid

now that you have ahd a chance to test whats it really lke compared to a 155z?

your bike sounds real lean coolie, other one sounded the goods tho.
I'd love to know where that track is? looks good for the minis ;)

you gonna line it up next to a 150/160 ?? would be interesting, specially if they run the same gearing

yeah way to lean rip and i couldn't get the mulkt to run any good to much air speed i reckon

the motor is more powerful than anything i've riden it's not far off the tb v2 kits probably looses a bit down low on them but a stock 150 lifan or yx it's got much more off the bottom and way more through the rest.
the yx 160 this thing would smash it off the bottom no doubt but the yx once it get up in revs wouldn't be far off it but by then i'd be long gone. i smoked a guy riding a 160 at frankston on wednesday with bad tuning and he was shattered.
against the 155z it's got way more power as well the gear ratios are similar and the clutch is very light like they are

now i've got the 26mm carby i think it's to much it's gunna take a bit to turn the explosive power into usable tractable power but i'll get there

hmm these engines are sounding more and more like an investment but dunno wether i hold just put my coin to the 155z and make it a monster (v2 head s35 grind cam, 184kit, port and polish)

hmm these engines are sounding more and more like an investment but dunno wether i hold just put my coin to the 155z and make it a monster (v2 head s35 grind cam, 184kit, port and polish)

Again that would be 177cc on a 155 ;)

But really 177cc v2 with s35 would rip your arms off.

just get a v2 head kit from classic . and if you need more 64mm kit... and if you need more port it and get a s35 cam lol...

The only place you would use that power is on a big bike track .

Stock 155 is plenty for minibike tracks.

Latest posts

Back