125cc project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, see if the ebay add/seller takes returns. you'll probably have to pay return postage, so depending on postage costs and the price of the item, you might be better of keeping it, e.g you may only get a few bucks out of it.

Do you think I got the wrong one ?

a 420 pitch sprocket is a touch under 6mm wide,
a 428 pitch sprocket is a touch over 7mm wide.

also check the front sprocket and rear sprockets are the same width.

well if the chain you got was a 420# and the sprockets you are running are 428# then your chain will not fit into the teeth of the sprockets, because the chain is not wide enough.

Yeah, I got a 420 chain new and it doesn't fit the sprockets on this bike so I used the chain that come with it , so it should be a 428 chain that's on there. I got the 18 tooth but I sent them an email to change it to a 17.

I tightened every thing up today and went for a ride and it went really good. I run out of fuel though :p

Was the 18 too much top end? or did you have problems with the clearence between the cchain and clutch cover? if so, i might have to get a 17 aswell...

Was the 18 too much top end? or did you have problems with the clearence between the cchain and clutch cover? if so, i might have to get a 17 aswell...

I ordered it off ebay and haven't got it get. with there specs , the 18 tooth is about 18cm wide and it looks like it might just touch the engine. So I got the 17 just to be safe. I will let you know how mine goes :)

oh ok, cheers dude,, i've currently got everything pulled to pieces on my bike, im giving everything a good clean and replacing my cracked frame with a nice genuin thumpstar one :D

oh ok, cheers dude,, i've currently got everything pulled to pieces on my bike, im giving everything a good clean and replacing my cracked frame with a nice genuin thumpstar one :D

I'm thinking about taking a spare frame in to get strengthened up but I don't really need to because I don't ride that hard.

Yeah I think 18tooth will be too big. I will get the 17 or get the grinder out and remove some unwanted metal :D

17 tooth should be a pretty big change.

i've decided to play it safe, i got the 16 tooth, but at the price of em, it doesnt really matter. im thinking of buying a few different ones and changing them to suit my needs.

i've decided to play it safe, i got the 16 tooth, but at the price of em, it doesnt really matter. im thinking of buying a few different ones and changing them to suit my needs.

Yeah that's what I said. Changing the front won't do much for the chain slack and the tentioner would take most of it up. I will have a 14 and 17 so it should be good. I will just change the back to a small one and run the 14 if it's not enough top end with the new sproket

Hi all .. I got my new plastics in the mail. I took the vinyl off the seat because the mounts that hold the seat to the frame had broken, so I replaced the seat with a spare one. My spare one was a tall seat so I had to swap the foam over as well.

The plastics look so much better. I have some stickers coming to break up all the black. I'm repainting the swing arm green because I don't like the grey and I don't really like green much but it will match the stickers and stand out a bit.

1376527_10200635324997928_1512256116_n.jpg

More coming soon

looks good, when did you respreay your engine? i just did mine! what graphics did you go for?

looks good, when did you respreay your engine? i just did mine! what graphics did you go for?

I sprayed it last week with a mix of left over caliper paint and gloss black for the side cover where it doesn't get hot. Just using left over bits on this bike so I can spend more money on parts and stuff to make it look and go better.

I got stickers and didn't go for a full graphic because of my budget. I got a secret mix of two brands so it should be ok.

Your engine is looking good. I need to paint my exhaust and fit that up.

if only i could take my exhaust off, i lent my bike to a friend while i went away for 2 months and whn i got it back everything was absolutely thrashed!! including exhaust being washed straight after riding, which resulted in my exhaut rusted SOLID to my head....:cursing:

I can't get my swing arm off , the bolt is so stuck. I sprayed it with a cheapo version of wd40 and lent the bike over and smacked it with a sledge hammer and it didn't move at all :/ Is there a way to get it off.. I don't have much equipment.

I might just paint it while it's on there.. While pulling it off I found a shattered bearing. Does any one know the size :/

with your swingarm bolt, i had the same problem with mine. it rust and snapped, (i later found out). i'll get the swing arm bearing sizes for ya tommorrow, i gotta take the out anyway :). in the meantime, with your bolt, are you using spanners or a ratchet and spanner? if you have a ratchet, you have a much better chance of getting it undone. they have alot more leverage than a spanner. otherwise you may have to heat it up with a gas torch to expand it a little bit, but just keep spraying it and let it soak and keep trying, just try not to round the bolt or nut off, thats very annoying, lol.

Latest posts

Back