150 Postie build, now on the road!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just been informed my swingarm and the rest of the goodies are waiting at home. So it looks like when i get back there'll be a day or two that will need to be put aside for the postie again. WOO HOO!

anymore progress mate

Hey bud, no updates at the moment. I have a pretty big selection of parts to be fitted.
I have been concentrating on building my custom suspension (Ground up) for my 4x4 that was put off during the initial build of the Postie.
I'll get back to the Postie probably once the 4x4 is back to a rolling state (hasn't been for around 12 months!)

Nah nothing to update on. Have been extremely busy building and designing conversion looms for LS1's and 304's (inj 5.0). Along with a mad rush to get a mates 4x4 ready for this weekend.
My 4x4 has made a little progress but the post is gathering dust with a box of parts next to it waiting to be fitted/modified

hey mate, Im putting a yx 140 in my lowered postie. How are the Oko Carbys? And are you running a 1/8th throttle, if so are they any good?
Thanks

Would you be able to make these brackets available for sale?
I'd be interested in a few sets.

hey mate, Im putting a yx 140 in my lowered postie. How are the Oko Carbys? And are you running a 1/8th throttle, if so are they any good?
Thanks

G'day,
I was running an OKO previously but am in the midst of a change just to be different.
OKO's are still my carb of choice although i prefer not to run with an 1/8th turn due to wanting more throttle control for road use.

Would you be able to make these brackets available for sale?
I'd be interested in a few sets.

I've been asked pretty often about this and would love to build them but time is not something i have any of lately.
If time becomes free then i do plan on making a few and a template/jig but by that time i'm sure someone will have them available anyway.
I haven't even pulled the cover off the postie in 6 months or more let alone had tiem to fit any of the parts for its next evolution which have been there for 9 or more months!

Hey mate. I have my engine to put into my postie, just about to drill out the top bolt, as for the adaptor kits, is DRATV the only place to get them from, ideally i would love one like yours but dont have a welder or a plasma cutter, and kind of want to get it up running.

Whats the latest on this beast? Im building a postie atm and would love some more pics and maybe share a few tips ;)

Postie is still under cover but i plan to get it out and back on the road next month as the weather warms up. I've still got alot of shiny stuff to fit from the initial build, maybe i'll spend a few days getting that gear mocked and fitted.

Metropilot:
Hey mate. I have my engine to put into my postie, just about to drill out the top bolt, as for the adaptor kits, is DRATV the only place to get them from, ideally i would love one like yours but dont have a welder or a plasma cutter, and kind of want to get it up running.
Can't help you there. DRATV was the only one i could find back when i built this and i've had no reason to look any further.

Fiddy Rider:
Whats the latest on this beast? Im building a postie atm and would love some more pics and maybe share a few tips

Latest is it's about to be warmed up again after sitting stagnant for about 18months, jees time flys when you're breeding!
If you have any questions, just ask. If i can remember, I'll help out. I don't frequent this site very often but am subscribed to this thread so i should reply fairly quickly

any1 thinking of buying the 155z to fit to a postie dont!, the breaver pipe block at the top of the engine dont clear the frame and its a BIG muck around trying to get it to seat rite, will cost you a heap time money an hassal oposed to puting a 150xy in, brackets can be purched from coffsmotorsports for $85 but wont work with the 155z as found out, just a heads up guys, i no now i should of got the xy.

Yep the 155z is a mission but worth it, does anyone have the wiring info on how to conect to the existing postie loom??

hey mate what front brake and perch did you find that would still operate the brake light? im having trouble trying to find a perch thats right for me as i am doing what you have done
cheers

Not sure how soon you will get a reply, he hasn't been online since the middle of last year.

i would say most road registered Honda trail bikes would fit, like the ones on Honda XR250, XL250, etc etc

check your bar diameter if it is 7/8 (22mm)

Latest posts

Back