155z clutch slippage

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking at my clutch now, and I have absolutely no idea what that means? :p

But Speaking with Micko this morning, he seems to think its the synthetic oil that's destroyed the rubbers in the clutch basket. Even with the new HD springs its still slipping under load, mind you it'll putt around fine it just doesn't like it when its WOT.

I seen that Dhz are selling 6 plate clutches for $90 delivered, Does anyone know where I can get one of these from in Australia?

Last edited:
see here, the clutch discs, are they all sitting towards the outside edge of the basket?

so have you adjusted the cable now?
so if you push the clutch arm forward with your fingers on the side cover, there is a couple of mm's movement before it get's hard ?

the Synthetic oil might have damaged the rubber's, but that would just make the big gear on the back of the clutch hub move around a lot.

hold the hub, and see if you can move the gear to the left and right.

unless it has softened up the friction material on the clutch disc's ?
but there would be a lot of black/grey stuff in the oil filter screen/oil
when you had it apart, and the clutch disc's out, did you clean up the friction plates with degreaser or brake cleaner to get most of the Synthetic oil off them ?

97F14CAD-DF45-4E18-B8F9-1AB2C1CF76CF_zpsdqkgvj9r.jpg

Atomik would sell the Daytona style 6 plate clutch kits, and Braaap would too i'm sure

Last edited:
Ok so an update of where I'm at.

Got the new clutch today, put that and the new HD springs in.... No change!

Then I thought surely not but I checked anyway. Chain slippage, it felt loose but wasn't too bad so I tightened it. No change!? There's zero indication on the sprockets that it has so now I'm lost?

Any ideas Craig?

Oh checked the clutch lever again there's a good 3-4 mm of play between the pirch n lever.

when you put the clutch back on, did you fit the clutch locking washer on, then rotate it and then fit the retainer on?

IMG00002-20120525-1642.jpg

Yeah, I actually had that back to front originally before I got the shift drum sorted! So yeah got that right... :thumbup:

Got another bloke saying it's probably the "dog gears" I'm not sure what that means but he said it's inside the case.

I think it's had the Richard! :(

have you kept the original steel plates ? If yes clean oil off dry then l usually rub mine back with some 180 sand paper (laying them flat ) do the pressure plate as well . Get rid of any black ,burnt marks. check spring tension is right.

If the dogs were worn, it'd be crunching pretty bad and dropping out of gear etc.
Are the springs seating properly in the push plate that bolts onto the outer of the clutch.

Yeah that's what it's doing dude! :(

Yeah the springs are nice n level, I made sure of that. The HD springs are a bit bigger than the originals.

so it crunches in just one or 2 gears then ?
if so it's gearbox time

Just ride it till it breaks man or maybe one of the other guys will have a spare bike?

Did Sean replace anything when he looked at it ?

Latest posts

Back