17th may 50% twilight race meeting!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hoping to get there before dark n ill help with stuff Chris just save me a nice bit of flatland for the camper ;)

See some of you there tomorrow :) if anyone needs to contact me 0423319451

I'll be there hopefully around 5pm can give ya a hand if ya need it mate, save me a spot next to ya Roy boy.

What time do we kick off Saterday?

just wanna know how much of a sleep in i'm gunna get.

i got me bike back together and running just need to do some filters and throw a sticker kit on some plastics so i'm in.

i'll take the 12" as well but not sure if i'll ride that yet.

I have Tech 8's that I wear but they may be a bit bulky on the 88. I am a size 10 if you have a spare pair of mini boots it would be great to give them a try. I will have to get shearer graphics. You are my team sponser
I had a pair tech 2 size ten too.:( . I left home like 10am yesterday ,I'm in canberra now. Picking up timeeh getting ready for next leg of road trip.
I pot in 2nd pair of size13 tech 2. So my guess was way off :(

Ahh crap I thought this was on Sunday not Sat!!!

Sorry boys but working tomorrow so not going to be able to make it. :(

Had it all planned for Sunday. Fricken spewing.

Will have to mail your goodies Timmy and Shearer.

Ahh crap I thought this was on Sunday not Sat!!!

Sorry boys but working tomorrow so not going to be able to make it. :(

Had it all planned for Sunday. Fricken spewing.

Will have to mail your goodies Timmy and Shearer.

Night race mate swing by after work if ya can

Motorman there's a ride day Sunday too come after work tomorrow and stay down there and ride Sunday simples

Hey Shearer and Timeeh.
Can you save me a pit site next to you guys. Team ACT needs to stick together

So last night was good lots of good feedback, will be seeing a write up from Royboy later on today I'm sure

Well what can I say , possibly the best mini meet since it was big back in the times of the high rollers series ,Chris and the boys from 50% put in a amazing effort and provided a seriously organised and conducted event , the track was prime and the night races under lights stepped it up one extra notch.

There were crews from all over Australia coming together for the same single pleasure of racing kids bikes with attitude ;) It was one oft he biggest turnouts iv ever seek with around 8 classes jam packed on the gates with heats in 10 & 12 am classes

The Newy boys came to prove a point and really shined in the stock and 88 classes , they have some serious style and speed and were awesome to watch.

The atmosphere was epic everyone was having a ball and the racing was action packed
And once we started the night section of the event it seemed to only get more intense . Racing under lights was something anyone would have loved and as the night went on the heats got faster , so much so that instead of doing the scheduled 3 rounds under lights we got to do a fourth .

As far as results the newy crew took out the 88 side of things with our vic crew and buzz bikes taking out the 12" to be honest it's all a bit of a blur as their were to many classes to remember all the winners but I'm pleased to say that the overall state winners was VIC followed by SA and NSW took out 3rd.

Buzz Bikes had a great night overall with Jack dominating 12" pro leaving the competition and the crowd astounded , Chris JNr Bedford was pushing hard all day and took out 2nd overall in 12" AM and the cripple himself STYVo came out of retirement after lots of persuading we got him in some boots and back in the saddle , He and Chris had some great battles through the night but styv just got him and got the 1st place for 12" AM

I think Chris also got a 3rd overall in 10" am . I myself did 10"am on my 12/10 88 and got some good starts and even at one point got into 2nd place :) but binned it trying to be a big shot hehe

Overall everyone did really well and out very own Brendo who also made a big effort to get down also gave it a good crack on his BBR... It was his first time on a track like that and the first time he finally got to ride his BBR so maybe the nerves got the better of him , I don't have that excuse I just slow hehe

Karl came from QLD and I gave him the stocka so he could compete in the stock 50 and limo class which once he got the feel for my bike he started putting down some decent laps :) not bad at all ya fossil :)

Our boys Timeeh and Shearer made another great addition to a great event I always have a ball with them especially Timbob :)

Toeball was reckless crazy fast as usual taking out some silverware too he was running well in all the classes he took part in

The cini boys also did well even if the track wasn't to there favour

Joel .... Your a bloody legend .... A meanie but a legend :) we went for the same line off a jump ... I lost out and rag dolled but you stopped mid race to give me a chance to catch up lol only in mini racing would you get that :)

I could seriously go on for hours about this weekend but I got about 2 hours sleep both nights and can't read what I'm writing ATM ;) every time we say we're going to take it easy we end up having a ball till 4:30 am on the eve of races :) I guess it's the atmosphere camping at a track with mates from all over that eggs us on , either that or were just silly :)

Anyway I'm sure there is more to tell but I'm out for now , big massive thanks again to Chriso for giving us a definite weekend to remember bad big ups to everyone who came and made it what it was , the footage will come through in the next few days but here's a few pics before the action started in the best frign racing and fun iv been a part of to date

I forgot to tell you all we Also got a special extra after racing was finished and when we thought it was relax time I asked maybe if we could have a little ride ... Chris contemplated it had before to long there was about 15 of us out there again for giggles having a ball on the track under lights near on midnight :) was hectic as there were people on every class of bike out at the same time but I loved every bit of it :)

y3uqapen.jpg

uvu6a6yr.jpg

asetemev.jpg

synuzute.jpg

eta3yteb.jpg

huzu9yje.jpg

u2eresej.jpg

unuryhab.jpg

uty3yjyj.jpg

e5y4u2aj.jpg

u4u9uhyt.jpg

9egutemy.jpg

hu3esygu.jpg

unasydeb.jpg

qaruru7u.jpg

7yjyhevy.jpg

enaquga2.jpg

eru8anut.jpg

qy9ydera.jpg

uvyqaha2.jpg

4y9e6yhe.jpg

e9ateha2.jpg

ugydumu7.jpg

Buzz bikes and Sinister 50 's baby yeeeew :)
Or is that sinister fisties ? Styv? :)

Champion effort Roy! Been watching the updates all weekend. :)
Can't wait to see all the footage... How'd queensland go I didn't hear a mention of them in the state vs state race so I'm assuming bad? :p:

Styvo's Review ;

What a weekend,

over at the 50% ranch Victoria the twilight race took place with the mighty keen NSW group and the under estimated south Aussies couple ACT riders and a few of our own quirky Victorians battled it out In front of a great turn out of riders and people wanting to see a lot of over grown adults riding kids bikes with big kid hearts

Great racing from the "STOCK" class lol ‪#‎nopunintented‬ old boy rednuts or angry boy failing to take the number 1 plate back to the home land and let down the team in the state champs overall score... I did back you to win mate, you road well all day but this is racing anything can happen!

Stock class was jam packed with ball of steel on tiny bikes zero power and attempting all jumps no matter the cause, breaking, hurting themselfs was nowhere in the thought only to have the number one plate was there goal!

88 limo class well the fair skinned white Italian stallion himself jase georgalis took the day looking mighty fine on his nice rig again smooth as silk.. Great riding a lot of stock boys entering this class not deterred of the extra power the boys had which was good to see and gates yet again was filled!!!

Same goes with 88mod class think jase took this one also really consistent all day.. Still again stock boys entering this class proving it wasn't about pocket money and power but skill and just the right amour of power output to be able to have the power wide open on all turns!!

Open class was won outright with buzz bikes rider jack Hilli young gun turning heads and getting respect with flawless riding all day just made of an easy run for the win for the day old boy PECKA!! Trying his best to hang in there was doing well but think fatigue set in and fell back there with the young whopper snapper jack had this one in the bag...

YES PECKA WE KNOW YOU JUMPED THE TRIPLE ON YA 10"

A lot of new faces I met this weekend sorry if I can't put you down here in this status but in sure others will tag them in as there was so many great riders that attended this event.

10" Amature yet another full gate with 2 heats to the class so you could imagine what that could bring, Alot of comers wanting to make there mark for the next event to get that position to fill in the PRO 10" class

Another young gun to the buzz bikes crew Chris Bedford getting a podium for team green!! Had some hard luck with fellas mid race bumping and grinding with the NSW or SA fellas making there mark that they aren't afraid to bump the home side off the top spot.. Never the less both heats of the 10" ams class was worth the watch...

10" pro class the SA boys killing it smooth criminal number 53 on that rocket ship along with talent for days making it all to easy for the win and his mate 911 with that stupid fast stocka look but rocket motor was well amusing to watch.. Mr peck himself right up there on the podium mixing it up.. But team SA took that away with easy great riding by them guys surprised to see them over this way well done..

Our bloke Chris gay throwing his hand up to rep vic in 10" pro class was good to watch him up there with the fast fella from SA only to get a flat but rode till the end to get points... Very smart mr gay.

12" Amature class was out of control with mini bike madness!! Bike everywhere literally flying all over the place I had to dodge so many crazy weapons just to stay afloat in this class riding threw the pack was just intense that's we're you want to be heart rate through the moon just worrying about making it out alive!! 2 full heats.. Fierce battles from front to back with the boys in green taking one and two for buzz bikes and sinister 50's Chris Bedford road his ass off but had abit if trouble in the last moto but podiums all round for that man well deserved much to come from the natural talent.. One of the NSW boys up there in 3rd to get up for the interstate team.

12" pro well young buck jack Hilli king of all small boys toys at the moment takes the win, kids on a flying start put your tickets down on this bloke he looks to be here to stay and bring the A game cause anything less will be disregarded and you will be left for dead! Great ride.. Well done to kosta again mr consistent and upright able to hold of jack for abit and wild child Towball all over the place but still gets the job done lol keeps me on my toes watching you mate lol duno if you gonna bin or win most laps hahah

To all that attended to help full gates well done shows that there is a mini scene and die hard riders that want to keep it alive and having people from 4 states to this event is amazing.. Massive thanks to Chris gay his family and mates for the pizzas flagges scorers the whole lot to make this a great event and best iv been to in year!!

To the interstates...

Queensland boy Karl hand-on-**** thanks for coming mate last time I seem ya i was in a world of hurt but this was the total opposite great to see you buddy

NSW guys thanks again for coming down and attending so much talent in you team you guys are an Ultimate team in 10" a force to be reckoned with!! Reddy Pecka jase great people to be around

Mr Brendo aka BBR boy binner hahaha your a cracker mate bloody funny little leprechaun... P.s sell me that Lxr cheap lol mates rates slash sinister 50's rates hahah good to meet you and have the sinister get together well done for making those plates mate they are awesome!!

Shearer your not gonna see this but I know I you do I will be hearing that unique laugh all the way from the middle on buck **** know where lol you have come leaps and bounds since I last seen you buddy keep it up!!

State of political bull**** ACT, Timmy small boy ‪#‎gigantor‬!!! To bad your younger sister beat you... Oh god that drive home would of been hard haha

SA boys nothing to say but your all ticks in my books with skills on 2 wheels along with good all round blokes..

The boys from snowy river Dave Durrant and Dready you guys are classic make me laugh for year in end never a dull moment with you dread man keep those lyric filthy mate it makes my day everytime I think of them..

Thanks to Greg at buzz bikes for the lend of the bike and Chris Bedford for the gear.

and roy evans for just being roy... your a pisser roy never a dull moment trying to figure out were the fuk your story's are heading? still ****s me just thinking about it. Never the less you have found your groove I think in the 88 class just some tweaking to that bike and I think you will be having some fun mate. Don't worry I seen you in second place that one time before binning it lol

I didn't plan on riding but was hard to not participate with such a great turn out and people to go with it!!

Thanks for all the highs this weekend was great to feel the adrenalin running through me again big highlight from breaking my leg 8months ago.. I will be back when I'm 100%

Wrapping it up 10/10 for the event 50% ranch under light best Melbourne event in years!!

Thanks everyone who made the weekend what it was.. I will remember this event forever...

Thanks buzz bikes and sinister 50's for sponsoring such an awesome event

Peace #21

Latest posts

Back