194 cc takegawa arm ripper motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does the steel box do

It's made of aluminium and it's called an intake PLENUM ... It stores mixed intake charge for the cylinder to draw from ... probably to help prevent inconsistencies in on and off throttle situations ...

I've also read about Daytona 150 cases cracking near the stud bosses and seen actual pics ... Oh I had it book marked as usual ... LOL ...

Daytona engine rips! - Planet Minis

Studs screwed in right to the bottom of the stud bosses and over tightened , coupled with porous castings and sustained vibrations at high revs are a recipe for case failures ...

Yeah they were caused by piston failure ... The Daytona 150's DO look like the case bore doesn't leave much meat between the bore and the cylinder stud thread ... Remember how MACK worked out that it's better to only bore the cases bigger halfway down then shorten the cylinder spigot in order to leave the bottom of the stud bosses with as much metal surrounding the thread as possible ? ... And we knew way back then that S-Cut pistons would have a shorter life without even having to run them ... It's all basic engineering fact and common sense ... The Chinese use what I call "Condom Sense" when they do stupid things that are known to be "not the wisest" ... and they pay the price of a damaged reputation in the end ...

yeah theres always more to a story that what gets said or pictured..
like that first pic that woggy put up just above...

gasket goo everywhere on the base gasket... more than likely mechanic error and the one with a split small end, perfect example of low oil.

and the one above is an easy fix..(cracked stud housing)

bla bla bla.....how many ponies are we talking on these motors and what torque curve?

well if the naturally aspirated 125cc DOHC motor gets 18rwhp and they claim this new supercharged version gets 23rwhp. if my 160cc DOHC motor gets 22rwhp then if i wack the supercharger on it i assume we are looking at 27rwhp.

and historically superchargers add alot more torque.

well i doubt it would work out like that but it would have to be better than the 22 you have now.. but youd need to drop your comp or use e85 fuel (but even then i recon youd be pushing it)

yeah they add torque but also use engine power to make power... this is why turbo's are though of as being more efficient

my compression is at 10:1 now. problem with turbo's on these little engines is that they dont generate much exhaust pressure for the turbo to spool.

But this is compressing from crank. I believe spool won´t be problem. Everything else sure do :cheeky-smiley-031:

My pal tested to lift compression till maximum from hes 125 Taky. He stopped when exhaust smoke came between cylinder and head. Engine was fast as hell, but he lowered it littlebit back. Don´t ask how much is it now, I don´t remember.

Yeah they were caused by piston failure ... The Daytona 150's DO look like the case bore doesn't leave much meat between the bore and the cylinder stud thread ... Remember how MACK worked out that it's better to only bore the cases bigger halfway down then shorten the cylinder spigot in order to leave the bottom of the stud bosses with as much metal surrounding the thread as possible ? ... And we knew way back then that S-Cut pistons would have a shorter life without even having to run them ... It's all basic engineering fact and common sense ... The Chinese use what I call "Condom Sense" when they do stupid things that are known to be "not the wisest" ... and they pay the price of a damaged reputation in the end ...

Only bored this YX 10mm deep. The Yamabond was 'cuz there's no base gaskets with a 74mm hole, and to quell vibrations between spigot and case. In theory...

10-06-10016.jpg

Last edited:
What´s the next project? Studbolt inside cylinder, going trough piston? That pic is crazy :thumbup:

If you aren't living on the edge, ya forget where it's at.

What´s the next project? Studbolt inside cylinder, going trough piston? That pic is crazy :thumbup:

LOL. I think the 70mm bore this one had will be the stop-point, but next one will have a forged piston (cast one was failure on this one), bigger wrist pin, touch more stroke, 265cc. Gotta fire up the mig welder, unless I can finish the billet cylinder in time. Pity, the Daytona 190 4V isn't available yet. Should be able to really make a mess of one of them :boom:

This one, during short-shifted break-in, before going tits-up:
Mobile Uploads :: Video067.mp4 video by firepower354 - Photobucket

Last edited:
max speed of that thing? i didnt even hear it get into fourth?

Hit 4th a ways down track. Just a break in run. 82MPH@7300RPM. Next run, he spurred it a bit harder, clutch said "uncle" at the top of third and over revved. Should have been aboot 105@9500 or so. 17/20 gearing could be swapped for 18/20 to grab a few more. It would pull it, but never got the chance. Next month we'll try again.

Can´t wait to see this 265 cc in action!

Now I have better vid from 194 Taky idling.

YouTube - Takegawa 194 cc hairdryer with Nokia N8

Also unboxing Nokia N8 available on fb minimotarders

Throaty-sounding devil, with nice snap! Gotta be a hoot to ride that beautiful bugger:) LOTS of NICE parts onboard.

Mines more: Stock CRF50 - height + CC's = terror? 21" from bars to Earth.
Mobile Uploads :: Video063.mp4 video by firepower354 - Photobucket
Throttle Nation :: 9-28-10005.jpg picture by firepowerminis - Photobucket

FP is hairless, at least any place Youtube would allow the blowing of. Only "Nooner" I get is a nap..:clap:
21June2006004.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back