1985 Xr600 Project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah need the sensor and cable and a gear hub for down on the wheel as mine is missing.
But the speedo itself is not turning on as it is water damaged, I tried cleaning all the corrosion off but it still seems to have a short in the circuit board somewhere.

Last edited:
Pulled the core out of the muffler yesterday to something was cut off the back (probably a baffle) half the sound dampening stuff had burnt away. So went to honda world and got some muffler packing, fork boots, kickstart return spring, and a gear for inside the speedo pick up on the wheel.

Packed it just then but haven't started it yet....

is that the Koso one ?

i'm pretty sure in the diagram at the bottom of the pics, the black wire w/yellow stripe goes to the negative side of the coil

with the muffler , it has probably had the spark arrestor mesh/silencer cap cut out of the end, just before the tip, i did it to my mates XR400 too, makes them quite a bit louder.
will sound a lot better with new packing too

mates tip looked a bit like this before-

PC-QI-35-96DB_is

Last edited:
I was just talking in general about the speedo's, that koso one looks cool, just not sure how it would go on a dirtbike, probably look out of place?
I have some after market muffler by the way, so there is no tip on it as such, instead the entire core slides out the end and the baffle is (was) in there.

Muffler packed and went for a ride today, just down the road but it sounded much better, quieter and not as hollow sounding.

well I still havn't got a speedo yet, Im slow I know, I was wondering if anybody could help me work out if I could use the genuine sensor for the bike and plug the speedo into that, just because I didn't really want to be mucking around with magnetic wheel sensors and mounting them etc. Looks untidy too.

well got a temporary solution.....
12083490936_b80940c796_z.jpg

went out for a ride today and am real happy with how the bike is running.

couple of pics... (just phone pics)
12083494876_2046c94f3a_z.jpg

12083487116_7e209bd054_z.jpg

Latest posts

Back