Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just remember if you go fat bars then you will have to change your risers, throttle and lever perch's. if i were you stu id just run the standard size protapers sold by dhz :)

throttle and lever perches will be the same, the Fat part is only in the middle where the bar clamps are

o ok i thought the ends were different to, cause i tried to put a set of barkbusters meant for fat bars on the young fellas tapers and the end bolts were to big for the bars. i must have just been unlucky..

Ive only seen alloy bars snap at the bends....there is some seriously good technology in bmx that needs to be adapted over to moto....where are the lightweight fluted chromo bars?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

i have bent my mates alloy bars on his 85, but it was kind of my fault, i didnt really know hot to land jumps, and slammed down on the back, throwing the front down. pro tapers, tag, renthal bars will take a serious, and i mean serious beating before they bend or crack.

i have bent my mates alloy bars on his 85, but it was kind of my fault, i didnt really know hot to land jumps, and slammed down on the back, throwing the front down. pro tapers, tag, renthal bars will take a serious, and i mean serious beating before they bend or crack.

See this is where it gets a bit strange for me. I've done some s-h-i-t-e on a bmx and mtb that would make peoples head spin even today. I never bent or snapped a pair of bars in my life! Ive snapped frames, tripple clamp forks pretty much everything you can imagine...But never bars...I hear everyone say yeah good bars are a must. I really understand this but the last pair of BMX bars I had I think I sold 3 years after I bought them for almost the same price. They were fluted and serioulsy good hardware!!

So doing **** like this...never broke or bent bmx bars....That was my redline, cracked that frame :thumbdown:

yea, i would suggest going to a jap motorbike dealership, and asking to sit on the bikes that have different bars, i know its on a different bike, but it'll give you an idea on how long and what the sweep is on em. that way when u go to buy bars you dont end up with something that makes your bike harder to ride.

bars make a massive difference!

yea, i would suggest going to a jap motorbike dealership, and asking to sit on the bikes that have different bars, i know its on a different bike, but it'll give you an idea on how long and what the sweep is on em. that way when u go to buy bars you dont end up with something that makes your bike harder to ride.

bars make a massive difference!

More sweep makes you go faster and jump higher ;) seriously.....same deal applies to bmx and mtb mate!! Im going to find a copy of the bmx/mtb/driving/moto vid I made for yr12 small business!! 6 Min section of me on the MTB WAY back in the day...but its not ****...3m drop ins from a roof onto a 1m high pile of mulch...doing 180 and getting air in a mates car....yeah old stuff...ive been told not to post it but it was 10 years ago..ill cut anything serioulsy incriminating....or just make it private...meh...its getting posted!

weight of the bike, momentum and heaps of not very tricky physics are the reason yopu see more bent bars in mx than bmx. add 50 kilos to the bike, an extra 20/50kms/h impact speed depending on bmx/mtb, the kinetic energy of the impact is easier to disperse through the ground if the object weighs less, etc etc im sure you get were im going with it. im sure the big tech bars are out there for mx to, but why spend 300 on some bars when a 90 dollar set is very unlikely to get bent/broken

weight of the bike, momentum and heaps of not very tricky physics are the reason yopu see more bent bars in mx than bmx. add 50 kilos to the bike, an extra 20/50kms/h impact speed depending on bmx/mtb, the kinetic energy of the impact is easier to disperse through the ground if the object weighs less, etc etc im sure you get were im going with it. im sure the big tech bars are out there for mx to, but why spend 300 on some bars when a 90 dollar set is very unlikely to get bent/broken

Yeah true...thinking about it now I used to get helped out with price with 90% of what I bought from 16 on! I'm way back at the start!! :thumbup: I like learning so suits me well doing this now!!

Right time for a real update! Well I scored a couple of tasty parts to go with this build! Unfortunately all the anodized stuff is brown :thumbdown: which sucks. But I did at least get a nice aluminium swingarm and a handle bar top stem(bmx terminology) what is it a handle bar bracket on an mx??

Oh and the MASSIVE flat spot!! Which is why I wont use this wheel...unless it can be saved, but I think its stuffed the anodized part there has warped I think so it will probably crack if its put back too!

Well parts are slowly coming in for this! I have an inspection next week so will either get built or shoved in a box for a week or two! uploadfromtaptalk1398996022735.jpg

Right this is back on as I have an inspection on Thrusday so I figure put it back together now and worry about making hte other(pitpro) bike whole later to onsell!

Had a relatively productive morning! After getting woken early by the pregnant one trying to punch me in her sleep...she said she was asleep anyway....

So new 220mm disk to go with the bigger brakes and GPX forks.

Took the alloy swinger off the other pit pro that came with the z160ho, the whole rear end weights about 5kg...should be a good 5kgs lighter than the steel one, dont have scales so can weigh them properly but its a good bit of weight saving, plus it looks tons better. I have a round 190mm disk to go on as well, didnt get to that just yet.

Picked these up for $35 on ebay, second hand but in really good nick :thumbup: should make it feel a little more like a bmx on steroids. Which should suit me well!

Should come up well, the alloy swinger isn't black but I kinda like it because its basically brand new and should come up nicely with a good clean!

So the race prepped 125 that Craig helped me with will be the motor for this bike until I get another one, possibly a 150yx will be going into it eventually!!

looking good Stu.

race prepped, not quite, it still needs a decent cam to get it working a bit more
i should measure up an old Lifan 150 cam, i reckon they are higher lift and slightly longer duration

Not far to go now!! Might even be done in time for hte photo comp, not that it will win with its distinct lack of bling atm..shiney but no bling...should look better when all this stuff from China ever turns up...

Cleaned up the wiring a bit!

For what ever reason I gave a chain to that kid that bought the pitpro cheapie, now I need another one...sigh

Getting very close now!

Also has anyone used this before?? Looks good I used to see ELF on all the rally cars back in the day. Semi synthetic 10w- 40w and its only freaking $30!!

Motormate Auto Parts & Accessory Specialsts- Moror Mate Product's Catalogue

i found your 428 chain of the bigfoot if you need it, was with the 150 engine bolts

Well I had to change the back wheel for the spare! Tried to get the bolts on the disk out...not going to happen. Almost seems like they're bigger than 6mm Allen head I don't have a 6.5mm around so ill just leave that until after this coming weekend! All I need is the exhaust flange washer.... And air filter and she's good to go! Might do the fork oil too time permitting! Chain went on the angles are not to bad,its increased the clearance too uploadfromtaptalk1399283741118.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399283870007.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399283914245.jpg

Still waiting for some bolt on bling to arrive in the mail...but its not like any of that will make it faster! Looking at a higher lift cam and a 24mm oko at some point...but its not going to stay a 125 for long :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back