Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think you're correct on that! The thing is surely faster than the 160 I was in fourth at the same driveway down the road with that...as second on the yx...

Good idea about the land speed record...not sure how many single piston horizontal engines they'd get pity its so close!

Just to refresh my memory the mixture screw needs to be turned in or out to lean it?

I had these guy's email me through their Salt flats racer

Bugger about the motor, hopefully it's an easy fix.

surging could be too lean ?
crunching, i dunno ?
it might need the side cover off again for a look ?

How far out from flat does the idle screw need to be? Or take the air filter off and look to check its got a small gap? And I think it may be a little lean now...but no idea what the motor did before it stopped...

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Ok just went and re-tuned the carby, 4th kick I felt the kickstart lever slip inside the motor...so hopefully its just that? So sick of this...next motor is coming brand new from a shop!!!

Do you mean the shaft ? Did you get any kickback the previous times you kicked it over ?

Its kicked back twice all day...not to bad though. Going to have to pull it apart again..yay...

The noise happened when I was about to ride out of the drive. Not sure seems to be selecting gears ok just sitting...might be clutch or something...no idea will have to pull it apart again now yay

it will only take 5 mins to get the kick start lever and cover off, just lean it to the left so you dont have to drain the oil
do it here if you want

Just did! Cant see anything out of the ordinary...Nothing at all looks fine! Havnt looked in the left side yet....but I just thought maybe I don't have spark and sure enough no spark. So could be stator or flywheel related...will come up and have a look at that in a bit. I think a spade connector for the coil is dodgy....its floppy copper... Snapped the fuel tap again....too ffs fuel is expensive!!uploadfromtaptalk1403184090611.jpg

Also not 5 mins have to remove footpegs to get it off too....bloody China!

So its fuel or spark....not sure if thats why it made funny noise before it died...it kinda misfired made noise and died! Hopefully its nothing to serious, I took plug out too its perfect colour so not to lean and I did a good few seconds in 3rd before jumping on the brakes for the driveway. Surging was probably fuel tap...fingers crossed. If the spark cut out while it was running the piston wouldve filled up with fuel yeah? And probably some in the exhaust too?

replace the terminals at the coil,
and maybe try cleaning the paint off under the earth wire ring terminal near the CDI too.

did you break another tap ?

replace the terminals at the coil,
and maybe try cleaning the paint off under the earth wire ring terminal near the CDI too.

did you break another tap ?

Ok, I think its terminals it looked really sus when I pulled it off. Yeah not sure what the noises were, maybe just the engine not being happy at loosing spark at 4000rpm....Surging in second I think would have been the mis aligned chain but I couldnt test it before it decided it wasnt happy and stopped running.

Yep I'm good at breaking taps apparently, cant run it until I get another either, is their one on the donor bike from GooseMan?

Just thinking too, can we fit the oil pump stuff from the lifan 150 and the right side cover to the yx and get rid of the slinger??

yeah i think i may even have a CRF style spare tap ?
or you could do what i did on my Orion and get a brass screw in barb into the tank, then fit a remote style tap like what's on your Foxico

to make the YX150 slingerless, you would need to fit a Z160ho crankshaft, then the Lifan 150 side cover might fit ?

Ok will drop down in a while, def not working today!

I'm guessing the flywheel needs to be bolted to the motor for it to work yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back