Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where are you living? I thought there was no hills in mansfield park?

So where are you living? I thought there was no hills in mansfield park?

Bellevue Heights mate! I wouldnt live in Mansfield park if someone paid me....we ended up scoring a pretty nice place just around off the main road from the eden hills place!! Pit bike would last about 4 seconds in a shed down at Mansfield park....you'd pretty mcuh have to build a solid concrete bunker to keep them safe and even then I'd expect them to be gone if I was away for 24hrs or more!!! WOOOO HOOO WE HAVE INTERNET AGAIN TOO!!!

yea a few mm's wont hurt,
i'd leave enough to run a hose off it still, otherwise it might start peeling the black paint
it could be a float level problem, or air getting in somewhere else too
maybe pull the slide out, then the cable off and try lowering the needle clip down to the bottom notch and see if it improves

Bellevue Heights mate! I wouldnt live in Mansfield park if someone paid me....we ended up scoring a pretty nice place just around off the main road from the eden hills place!! Pit bike would last about 4 seconds in a shed down at Mansfield park....you'd pretty mcuh have to build a solid concrete bunker to keep them safe and even then I'd expect them to be gone if I was away for 24hrs or more!!! WOOOO HOOO WE HAVE INTERNET AGAIN TOO!!!

Haha yeah, I just remember Raelene saying she had a house there.

yea a few mm's wont hurt,
i'd leave enough to run a hose off it still, otherwise it might start peeling the black paint
it could be a float level problem, or air getting in somewhere else too
maybe pull the slide out, then the cable off and try lowering the needle clip down to the bottom notch and see if it improves

ok will file it a few mm then. I'm pretty sure its just touching enough so it leaves that gap between the head, gasket and manifold. Started up pretty easily today :thumbup: did good wheelie in 1st too...The new gasket slightly improved the idle going up and down. Definitely still an air leak hopefully filing it a bit will solve it..

Ah crap thats pretty much what I paid!! What about the front light? Cant find anything Yamaha-ey enough!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

lol lol, Yeah Ima get that one!!! :no:

Might look funny unless its blue...Once the handguards are on Ill need a front light and its pretty much done...well besides another $100 of bits and pieces....its coming together well though :thumbup: havnt touched the carby again yet...doing the plastics and the fork oil today that's enough might get onto the carby later tonight see how I go!

Right I cannot for the life of me work out this manifold leak. Changed gasket, was a bit better, filed the fuel drain screw a few mm now it clears, Sanded it back dead flat on manifold side, still leaking.....seriously its better than it was, but how on earth and I going to get it to stop leaking??? was playing in second a bit, low revs let fuel build up in carby then hit wide open throttle and it only surges right at the end before valve bounce. Not sure if I just live with it or what?? Bike is beautiful now, I can feel tdc and kick it over first time now :thumbup: the 160 is a tad harder as Ive lost the feel for that now. I think the 160 is surely faster too comparing them a couple of minutes apart.

Put the new brake pads in too, which then required me to re-bleed the front brakes. Both bikes are ready to go minus the bash plate which ill do in a bit and the air leak....:action-smiley-035:

Got a decent glory shot before it started raining again...then the 160 stalled on me up the road...the neighbour even waited for me to get out of the way cause they were trying to reverse out of their driveway...oops. Then it started pooring and I had to sprint the bike down the hill 200m to the driveway....bit wet out there!!

New pads, must be that time of the month....:b_grind:

Last edited:
might be worth adding another gasket and seeing if it fixes the leak
do you have an cereal boxes you can make one out of ?

o ok, do you have any clearances issues on the frame or tank? that could be putting a little pressure on the carb and manifold.... but definitely try thicker gasket

might be worth adding another gasket and seeing if it fixes the leak
do you have an cereal boxes you can make one out of ?

Yeah I can find something, I found another original one in the shed, I was thinking about piling them up and seeing if that helped!! Might try and get some spring washers for the manifold to head bolts too, they one of them seems to only be getting tight on one side of the bolt and the manifold...I think a spring washer might help it get a flat bite onto the manifold!

o ok, do you have any clearances issues on the frame or tank? that could be putting a little pressure on the carb and manifold.... but definitely try thicker gasket

Nah not anymore, the fuel drain was touching a bit, but I filed a few mms off of it earlier today so nothing is touching the frame or bore or anything... :thumbdown:

there is another style of bolt on for the head side of the inlet manifold you could try if all else fails, get two studs like the one that came with the tb manifold i got. they screw into your head, slide our manifold over them and then tighten down the nuts over the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back