Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is another style of bolt on for the head side of the inlet manifold you could try if all else fails, get two studs like the one that came with the tb manifold i got. they screw into your head, slide our manifold over them and then tighten down the nuts over the top...

ah so the TB manifolds run studs like the exhuast headers? Interesting....I wasnt to keen to try and over tighten them as Craig has given me the exact right sized bolts for it....Hmmmm silly little problem...still the bike is starting sweetly atm!! The bigwheel stalls when I turn right cause there is about 10ml of fuel in the tank...so thats not a real problem :thumbup:

only on one side for some reason, but yeah they do come with the stud :)

Ah ok its the other side that is not biting properly...Will have a look tomorrow...nice pile of firewood btw! Just contemplating if I want to go downstairs to get more, and it just started hailing again...sounds good this time!

either side would be able to take the stud, i just chose to run the stud on that side as the thread was quite nasty on the hole....... yeah ya got to keep up to the wood down here

it wasn't like that when i repainted it for him.
but there are possibly signs on the casting where the black paint has seeped into the crack before it was fully broken

it wasn't like that when i repainted it for him.
but there are possibly signs on the casting where the black paint has seeped into the crack before it was fully broken

Looks like absolute junk alloy though...the japanese wouldnt be impressed....4130 is so beautiful...why make bike parts from anything else???

[video=youtube;VE_4zHNcieM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_4zHNcieM[/video]

cro-moly doesn't dissipate heat as well as alloy
it also can't be manufactured as cheap.
and would you be happy paying $40 for a stronger manifold that transferred 80% of it's heat to your carby ?

Last edited:
cro-moly doesn't dissipate heat as well as alloy
it also can't be manufactured as cheap.
and would you be happy paying $40 for a stronger manifold that transferred 80% of it's heat to your carby ?

Yep I forgot it gets hot...

Foxbuggy has pretty fast postage....not as fast as killer68monaro...his stuff came yesterday!!

5ysa9ure.jpg

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Of ffs fml...or more so fmbs...seriously....why!? So close yet so far!I'm almost certain mikuni carbs are on the earth to annoy me...both bikes manifold won't clear the cam chain tensioner...to late to order anything before the weekend now too :-/uploadfromtaptalk1403667435324.jpg

just got a phone call, you stator backing plate has been machined.
i'll head down there in a bit and pick them up, i went with the guy that said $20 ea.

No worries! Cheers I ordered a 26mm universal manifold from blygo at 2pm...he took best offer of $17.50....I think he knows me now....with any luck it'll get here by Friday!?

Yep guinea pig it!
But it might pay to run it past your mechanic first!:D

Dont forget you'll need the matching used piston for that used head. a 4V one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back