200cc braaps?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by what I have seen pitster is leeding the way in just about every aspect of the industry.
They have got good quality bikes at an affordable price and a range to suit most riders. I would loved to of brought an LXR but at the time I went with the DHZ and have no regrets in buying that but have seen how the Pitsters have that slight edge over most brands.
I would never pay $6000 for a mini bike and I think prices like that are ridiculous and will do no favours to the industry at all. Im all for the affordable decent quality bike thats proven and think any comapany that brings out a bike and puts a $6000 price tag on it really needs to have a good look at where they want to be in the industry because with prices like that they will only push more people away from an already struggling sport.

Dready might come around if he was given de free 200cc Vegas , streak job and Da Vinci veneers !

We could even see him playing the drums , flute or xylophone in the the back ground in Braaap dvd ads........................

Dready might come around if he was given de free 200cc Vegas , streak job and Da Vinci veneers !

We could even see him playing the drums , flute or xylophone in the the back ground in Braaap dvd ads........................

Fail!!!! this is what would happen if dready got his hands on a braaap

deegan-jan-racerx.jpg

this is a question for the braaap brigade...

any of you know when the braaap USA price list is coming out?

this is a question for the braaap brigade...

any of you know when the braaap USA price list is coming out?

Reactions: pbk
And PBK, if I was Brad and had an opportunity to expand into the USA and learn from people like Marcos Ambrose and Michael Blose then I'd do the same thing. It's all part of getting your brand recognised and further improving your product, so why would you hold that against him? I had the privilege of spending a week with Marcos last year and that bloke seriously knows his ****!

Well he did promise to build the sport here first ...50 stores in aus BEFORE overseas expansion ? .... this from the site .

" Working meticulously with the legal and consultancy firm DC Strategy, Smith spent three years developing a franchise model to enable the replication of Braaap’s retail store format throughout Australia and eventually the rest of the world. Smith’s short term goal is to establish 50 Australian Braaap stores within five years. "

So if that's true he's short 46 stores and has little to do with " building the scene" anywhere outside Tassie yet he is "expanding " to the states ?

Oh and just a few pages back Braad said " We sure have had some major staff issues in our frankston store and I wanted to point out that My Family has Moved over here to focus 100% on getting this place rocking and building the Vic riding Scene (I'd Love to of said "Build the Victorian Superlite Scene")

That's funny cause it looks like the vic franchise is for sale along with one of the shops in Tassy ? He may retain an element of control but he's stillselling 2 of his 4 shops n still talkin about opening 50 ... don't believe me ?

braaap motorcycles franchise - Franchise for Sale in Victoria, VIC - bsale

If this is expansion and building the scene I'm missing something.

Well he did promise to build the sport here first ...50 stores in aus BEFORE overseas expansion ? .... this from the site .

" Working meticulously with the legal and consultancy firm DC Strategy, Smith spent three years developing a franchise model to enable the replication of Braaap’s retail store format throughout Australia and eventually the rest of the world. Smith’s short term goal is to establish 50 Australian Braaap stores within five years. "

So if that's true he's short 46 stores and has little to do with " building the scene" anywhere outside Tassie yet he is "expanding " to the states ?

Oh and just a few pages back Braad said " We sure have had some major staff issues in our frankston store and I wanted to point out that My Family has Moved over here to focus 100% on getting this place rocking and building the Vic riding Scene (I'd Love to of said "Build the Victorian Superlite Scene")

That's funny cause it looks like the vic franchise is for sale along with one of the shops in Tassy ? He may retain an element of control but he's stillselling 2 of his 4 shops n still talkin about opening 50 ... don't believe me ?

braaap motorcycles franchise - Franchise for Sale in Victoria, VIC - bsale

If this is expansion and building the scene I'm missing something.

Hey Dready,

Please explain how franchise roll out is not good for the sport?

70% of our customer base is new to the sport - never thought of riding a motorcycle of this type.

7 out of every 10 people who buy braaaps are new to our sport.

So how is anything that braaap does not good for the sport?

I eat live breathe and sleep this sport, actually my whole family does. I love that you guys are passionate about it.

Why don’t we set up a time and date to do a Ustream live video and you guys can ask me any questions.

I don’t expect you to believe in my Vision (I have plenty of the right people who do) but I would like to give you an understanding of where that vision has come from and what it is based on, because at the moment you are making assumptions that are not based on fact.

What do you think of doing a live video Q and A?

My job is to roll out stores, grow. Franchising out existing retail stores not only brings a new family, new passion and new energy in but it gives my team the ability to focus on growth and building this sport.

brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dready,

Please explain how franchise roll out is not good for the sport?

70% of our customer base is new to the sport - never thought of riding a motorcycle of this type.

7 out of every 10 people who buy braaaps are new to our sport.

So how is anything that braaap does not good for the sport?

I eat live breathe and sleep this sport, actually my whole family does. I love that you guys are passionate about it.

Why don’t we set up a time and date to do a Ustream live video and you guys can ask me any questions.

I don’t expect you to believe in my Vision (I have plenty of the right people who do) but I would like to give you an understanding of where that vision has come from and what it is based on, because at the moment you are making assumptions that are not based on fact.

What do you think of doing a live video Q and A?

My job is to roll out stores, grow. Franchising out existing retail stores not only brings a new family, new passion and new energy in but it gives my team the ability to focus on growth and building this sport.

brad

Ok Braad firstly can you re read what I wrote ... I never said franchising your company was bad for the sport, I was suggesting you have failed to do so. You have been trying to sell franchises for years now and failed to sell one ... in fact it's taken this long to get 4 stores going so my point was 50 in 5 years is looking like a bit of a stretch franchise or not .... however this is still supposedly your "short term goal " one you have stated will be done before expansion over seas . There was a lot of talk of building the sport

Well with you're only mainland store up for sale how do you expect to build the scene in australia when you are handing over the reigns to your only foot hold on the mainland ? taking into account by your own admission it had troubles under you ?

You say

" We sure have had some major staff issues in our frankston store and I wanted to point out that My Family has Moved over here to focus 100% on getting this place rocking and building the Vic riding Scene "

But knowing it's up for sale it sounds to me more like they are trying to fix the problems to sell it rather than build the scene ? ... Imean if you're fam was really mooving up to build the scene you wouldn't be selling it would you ?

You say

" 70% of our customer base is new to the sport - never thought of riding a motorcycle of this type. "

" 7 out of every 10 people who buy braaaps are new to our sport. "

Sorry mate I'm not sure what that has to do with anything in the context of what we are discussing .

You say

So how is anything that braaap does not good for the sport ?

Never said you were'nt good for the sport in TASMANIA braad in fact I've said it many times .. however your record on the mainland is less impressive and if you really want to build and be all about the sport in australia you'll need to step it up ... look at Rach has done in vicco ... on a shoestring ... THAT'S being all about the scene man it's not power point presentsations and latte's with racing car drivers ...never was .

There are aspects of what you do that I don't think are good for the sport the superlights rebranding being just one of them .... we'd be here all day mate but most of my thoughts on that are on here.

Finally

You say

" I don’t expect you to believe in my Vision (I have plenty of the right people who do) but I would like to give you an understanding of where that vision has come from and what it is based on, because at the moment you are making assumptions that are not based on fact. "

Well Braad I think you are mistaken I think I see and understand your "vision " for the sport I just don't agree with it mate ... from my end I'm proud of the history we have built and where this sport evolved from . You seem to wanna distance us from it ..and I for one, don't think you have the right . Mini bikes are not supposed to be a class of big bikes ..unlike big bikes they are all about fun and far less serious and I and many others in the scene feel they should stay that way .

So I'd no you can't rebrand our sport in an effort to install yourself as some sort of saviour/ godfather of our sport ... we are doin ok without ya mate .We have a national race series that you didn't acknowldge till recently let alone support ... and rider days all over the country , so you can have a big "superlight " parade n hobart and even make a cake ... but we aint takin a bite.

As for Vid conf ?

I'm sure some of the boys will be keen but I'll decline ... at this point I'd like to be the only person responsible for any opinions I express and furthermore I'd rather finish this debate in the medium it started in . .:beerchug:

Dready >>>

KICKING ASS AND TAKEN NAMES ,,my man ,your a legend dready , you keep it real

Thanx fellas I appreciate the support .... I'd like to say I don't enjoy it and in a perfect world I wouldn't have to do this ... It gives me no joy. I feel Braad would think this is a "personal" attack but it's not, If he takes the time to go back over everything he'll see all I've done is ask him to proove his claims ... sure I've been a bit frustrated with the lack of answers at times and we may have made the occasional joke about flying pigs but all in all I think we've been patient and respectful. At the end of the day it all boils down to this ... if you are going to make sensational claims about your products ? .. well it don't matter it's pitbikes or rubber dog sh#t you gotta back them up .... Braad may think I'm the one who has damaged his credability here but I feel the real damage has been his refusal to adress our questions after promising to do so.

ill have you know dreeeeeeeaadddddyyyyyyy that there were and if you check the rider list, 7 junior riders at the start of pratice and round 1, to the end of the day the only bikes still running, a braaap, a braaap and a crf, all non linkage...
thanks bud.. :jumping-smiley-011:
braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
sammy46

REALLY? well Timmy was the guy that told me it was he who hooked him up to ride brooksy and that it was his firsty pitty race and he didn't know braaad ...so what's the go there ?

well must of missed the first moto's brooksy cause all I saw was 3 on grid .... are ya sayin ten guys dnf'd in the early rounds or something ? :afro:

Yeah well Sammy thanks for the input mate but Brooksy told me that a few pages ago ... that was my reply above go back n see for yaself .... as usual I don't think I got an answer so cheers for that mate .... didn't get an answer to the question above about Timmy though to think about it ?

but let's not go backwards hey champ, I think we are making real progress here.:cool:

ahah yeaaaahhhh palll

hopefully another good series this year, im keen to travel more and competee with you vic boys in senior.. braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapp

Oh Sammy.

You must struggle between Coca Cola and Pepsi with all of the marketing involved.

How do you decide if you should have Pizza Hut or Dominoes. I feel for you man.

Sorry. But from the reading I have done on here these braap guys might as well be branch devidians.

Koreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Logic

The bike is only as good as it's rider.

In saying that, if you put chad reed on an atomik it'll fold but put chad reed on a cini or after market CRF50 or pitster he'd kick braaap's arse.

Quailty has only so much to do with the rider. Design of the bike might make a rider go quicker or slower too.

I don't know where I'm going with this.

Last edited:
ahah yeaaaahhhh palll

hopefully another good series this year, im keen to travel more and competee with you vic boys in senior.. braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapp

Ok Sammy ya loosing me does " ahah yeaaaahhhh palll " mean that it was the non linkage bikes that finished and that somehow prooves they are better ?

Well maybe if all the other bikes dnf'd because of failed linkage set ups but I'm assuming it was ya run of the mill engine troubles ..also I doubt those boys had a stack of bikes to rape or a dude on the spanners all day .... but well done on the podium never the less .

and as for " hopefully another good series this year "

You've been to 1 race ... yeah there's been a series but you guys aint been there for years ...until the nats you'd flat out ingnored it . So yeah I hope it's a good series too and hope you guys get up enough to contest it .

I don't live in vicco

And good luck holding that podium in the seniors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back