Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike looks bloody sik mate good job, id trim those oil cooler lines off at the banjo fittings and hose clamp some decent oil cooler hose on them before the standard ones melt and start to weep that way you can route them were you like, the standard hoses are hard also to route because of the fixed banjo fittings, but sweet ride lad

Bike looks bloody sik mate good job, id trim those oil cooler lines off at the banjo fittings and hose clamp some decent oil cooler hose on them before the standard ones melt and start to weep that way you can route them were you like, the standard hoses are hard also to route because of the fixed banjo fittings, but sweet ride lad

Cheers heaps man, u got any pics at all to show me what u have done?

i have done this to the 2 race bikes at work ill get some pics tomorrow at work and post them here for ya mate, take it easy, this is my photobucket link if ya interested but otherwise ill get ya the cooler line pics tomorrow.
rotn50's Public Profile on Photobucket.com

I'd really appreciate it mate if you could, do I need to fit barbs to my cooler n stuff to take hose n clamps? I not really getting what u saying so if u could take the time to show me that would be great,

Also if anyone has any thoughts on my bars, look back on my thread I asked bout bar ends, that would also help heaps.

Cheers all

Nice bike man! That looks sick! Do you know anywhere i can get some graphics / plastics with like a cool design? Im a fan of the white and i have a crf50 style plastics

dude thers no point in buying custom graphics that cost 150 if ur bike is worth 500
go on ebay and look for some cheapys with platics included

Nice bike man! That looks sick! Do you know anywhere i can get some graphics / plastics with like a cool design? Im a fan of the white and i have a crf50 style plastics

I reckon go for it mate, even if your bike is worth $50, who cares its all about customising your ride and if it makes you happy and feel good then he'll yeah. I've put money into some replacement parts for s%#ters of mine just because i could, but if you ever sell it you don't get that money back,just like customising cars.

What frame is on the motard, looks ****in sweet ;)

Hey timeeh, this is a pic from when we stripped it, it was actually a prototype dirt bike my bosses got imported from china and was the most pathetic dirt bike ever but worked out really good for road racing, dont know the origin other than its pure china but resembles a ducati or buell i reckon, im going to start a thread and put some pics up soon of the 2 of them, they are neat and get a lot of looks from the name brand crews.

Image0153.jpg

2012-05-21144259.jpg

2012-05-21144047.jpg

Okay now to get back on track, this is what your banjo fittings will look like after you cut them with pliers or sidecutters
2012-05-21144550.jpg

make sure the hole is clean and remove any little obstruction that may be left over from the braided hose, now i used 5/16 rubber oil cooler hose and it wont let you down, when pushing the banjo fitting into the hose just keep twisting it in there,it can be hard but you atleast want to get it atleast 20mm on for good connection,
2012-05-21144719.jpg

make sure you dont cut your new 5/16 hose until you can attach one fitting to the oil cooler so you can route it the cleanest possible way, as i have pre-cut before and realised the hose wont reach the crankcase the path i wanted it to take so learn from others mistakes.
2012-05-21143923.jpg

obviously our coolers are in different spots but the end result should be the same.

Yeah OK sweet, IV got some braded n rubber outer hose at work n looks easy enough dunno if I will run them anywhere else I don't want to mess with the distance the oil travels but if you think the braided hose I running might go I'm keen to do it. I had another look at my set up, where bouts you reckon they start seeping??

Thanks a heap for your help to, n u right it doesn't matter how much you spend as long as your having fun

it cant be water hose as it will get very soft, oil cooler hose has a high heat rating and i recommend that only, as ive tried the clear braided hose and it is not good(not sure what yours is) the standard lines get very hot mainly were the banjo fittings are attached to the hose and actually start to melt and the inner rubber hose also gets damaged causing the oil to run, if you leave your cooler in the same spot the little bit of extra travel will not hurt anything, my race bikes run the coolers were the front number plates were and i had to upgrade the cooler due to longer lines, but yeah mate i highly recommend this with high rated black rubber oil cooler hose, take it easy

it cant be water hose as it will get very soft, oil cooler hose has a high heat rating and i recommend that only, as ive tried the clear braided hose and it is not good(not sure what yours is) the standard lines get very hot mainly were the banjo fittings are attached to the hose and actually start to melt and the inner rubber hose also gets damaged causing the oil to run, if you leave your cooler in the same spot the little bit of extra travel will not hurt anything, my race bikes run the coolers were the front number plates were and i had to upgrade the cooler due to longer lines, but yeah mate i highly recommend this with high rated black rubber oil cooler hose, take it easy

^^^^^^^^^LEGEND

all good i was just sayong that the amount of fun and how long that fun last for is in direct relation to what u spend

hed be better off spending on major upgrades to make longevity a factor

cooler mod is a 50/50 mod as its never screwed up one any of my pisters or dhzs or motoverts
the way the mv rought there lines is all good and ur better just upgrading to twins if anythign

this is my 2 cents

Spose your right but each to their own,
N yeah might just leave them for now n keep an eye on if they seep, they look reasnobally decent so I'll c how I go, no big deal to do it if I need further down the track but I just wanna get out n ride
Thanks again Rotn for the heads up with it all tho

im hearing you mate, id be keen to get it out also if i was you, hope it all goes sweet.

Cheers bud,

Think I found a solution to my bar end issue on another note, IV found 14 mm bar ends n I'm gonna steal the grommet out of that set n machine down the sleeve before the head of the bar end so it all fits, I reckon if I heat the gromet a lil it should all go in without drilling out my bars

sweeeet, if its just a rubber grommet i have used a stanley knife blade and just trimmed it all around for the race bikes, in the end it still pulls together tightly when tightened, but you only get one set and cant over chop it, as i have learnt the hard way before,

Latest posts

Back